East Villa Maria

1,789 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PS3D
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Correct me if I'm wrong; East Villa Maria is now being resurfaced after only a few months of being paved and striped. I think that it was repaved before that only a few years ago. Does Bryan and/or Brazos County have this much money to pave a stretch of road 3 times in less than ten years? I object!
halibut sinclair
sunflower said:

Correct me if I'm wrong; East Villa Maria is now being resurfaced after only a few months of being paved and striped. I think that it was repaved before that only a few years ago. Does Bryan and/or Brazos County have this much money to pave a stretch of road 3 times in less than ten years? I object!
If they are doing an asphalt resurfacing and not that nasty chip seal stuff, I'm all for it.
runnrboy
AG
I drive Villa Maria Rd every day from Texas to William J Bryan and there is no construction or paving or striping going on. Are you talking about Briarcrest Dr, which goes from East VM to Boonville Rd?
sunflower
No, other direction, along the old Muni
FearNoWeevil
AG
West Villa Maria runs along Travis Bryan Park. It changes to East Villa Maria at S.College Ave.
trouble
AG
That's west
Hammerheadjim
AG
I think you are talking about W Villa Maria in front of Travis Bryan Park.
It looks like a full asphalt overlay.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
phillytex24
halibut sinclair said:

sunflower said:

If they are doing an asphalt resurfacing and not that nasty chip seal stuff, I'm all for it.

Thank you! My friend lives off Westwood Main and I was horrified by the chip seal!!! It's so nasty ! It got all up in my truck. I would be horrified if I lived off that area in Bryan. What in the world is that and why not put regular asphalt down?
PS3D
That section of road has sucked. Remember, for a period of about 3 or 4 years between the completion of the underpass and when they finally ground it down, there was this large bump where the underpass concrete and the original road was.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.