Once again thank you Steve Aldrich and Russ Ford. [Staff Edit about lock]

8,327 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ChampsAg
hopeandrealchange
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you for standing firm for the tax paying portion of Brazos County.

[This is the second thread that you have started without putting a link in the original post. Another poster did that on the other thread but it is not the responsibility of other posters to try and search what the original post on a thread is talking about and we do not allow that on this forum. When you edit your post and add a link we will unlock this thread and allow the discussion to continue and if you do this again we will just remove the thread without a warning or edit. -Staff]
doubledog
hopeandrealchange said:

Brazos County Commissioners on my no vote list

Irma Cauley and Nancy Berry.

If you live in Precinct 3 or 4 please vote them out, next election.

hopeandrealchange
doubledog said:

hopeandrealchange said:

Brazos County Commissioners on my no vote list

Irma Cauley and Nancy Berry.

If you live in Precinct 3 or 4 please vote them out, next election.

I can't understand how Ms. Berry could be elected to anything after her tenure with the City of C. S.
I would not vote for her for County Dog Catcher.
I only hope this current issue wakes people up and they start paying attention.
BCSWguru
Isn't Cauley retiring?
MB19
AG
LSCSN said:

Isn't Cauley retiring?

Yes. She is retiring
Tibbers
I urge some of y'all to just run on lower taxes. That's really all we need to say. Money hungry *******s are squeezing the blood out the stone.
woodiewood1
Tibbers said:

I urge some of y'all to just run on lower taxes. That's really all we need to say. Money hungry *******s are squeezing the blood out the stone.
I would say vote lower taxes and vote to prohibit the city from buying private property unless they are going to build on the property or use it for city services. This moronic purchase of the Macy's building for three times the current value is asinine and the city commissioners who voted to do it should be removed from office.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
woodiewood1 said:

Tibbers said:

I would say vote lower taxes and vote to prohibit the city from buying private property unless they are going to build on the property or use it for city services. This moronic purchase of the Macy's building for three times the current value is asinine and the city commissioners who voted to do it should be removed from office.
Macy's was bought by the City of College Station city council, not by the Brazos County Commissioners mentioned in this post.

Not arguing against your point, just clarifying the facts.
ChampsAg
Thank you for putting Brazos County second. The implications of their actions will be felt long after they are out of office.

Aldrich is conspicuously absent from all these kbtx interviews. Does has an agenda not related to the tax rate.

I want to see Ford and Aldrich donate their salary for the time they have missed. Don't see how they feel right about taking the taxpayers money and not doing their jobs.
BCSWguru
these are paid positions??
hopeandrealchange
ChampsAg said:

Thank you for putting Brazos County second. The implications of their actions will be felt long after they are out of office.

Aldrich is conspicuously absent from all these kbtx interviews. Does has an agenda not related to the tax rate.

I want to see Ford and Aldrich donate their salary for the time they have missed. Don't see how they feel right about taking the taxpayers money and not doing their jobs.

Many feel they are doing their job extremely well. Fighting for the tax payers who fund that salary.
ChampsAg
Yes. County commissioners get paid.
ChampsAg
And many feel that they are not. Hence the election results
BCSWguru
ChampsAg said:

how much? my google skills are terrible
Bucketrunner
When we began to consider moving to this area, Nancy Perry is the very reason we eliminated College Station from consideration.
Abbyag06
I appreciate them taking a stand for tax payers. Taxes have gone up so much the last few years they need to find a way to make their budget work. Not everyone gets a pay increase every year so neither should they. With inflation everyone else has had to find a way to make it work, they need to as well.
RafterAg223
AG
I have no issue with them standing up for the taxpayers at a time when the national economy is on the edge of taking a complete dump. The other commissioners, the judge, and the county need to learn to tighten their belts and work with the $80,000,000 they apparently have in the coffers to meet their budgetary needs. I guarantee you that the citizenry would overwhelmingly support a no new revenue rate if polled right now. What would the judge and the county be doing right now had appraisals not sky rocketed over the last 2 years. Would they be clamoring for a tax rate increase?
ChampsAg
It's amazing how many people think they know how government works. Maybe you should be attending the meetings and talking to the county employees that handle the finances to see how this is affecting everyone.

I want lower taxes as much as the next person, but as I stated earlier, these gentlemen are being paid to do a job and the bottom line is they ARE NOT DOING IT.

Heard on the radio today that county employees are upset about them not showing up as well.
RafterAg223
AG
Maybe some of us need to be enlightened, as we are clearly not as close to certain officials as some posters are.
FamousAgg
LSCSN said:

ChampsAg said:

$85,350 per year. Also some of the other salaries in the county seem much higher than I expected…

https://openpayrolls.com/rank/highest-paid-employees/brazos-county-tx
RafterAg223
AG
BattleGrackle said:

LSCSN said:

ChampsAg said:

$85,350 per year. Also some of the other salaries in the county seem much higher than I expected…

Thank you for reminding us just how bloated many local government payrolls are.
cavscout96
AG
One could say that they ARE doing what their constituents expect them to do.

cavscout96
AG
ChampsAg said:

And many feel that they are not. Hence the election results

The texags sampling is overwhelmingly in support, but might be a bit of an echo chamber too.
cavscout96
AG
RafterAg223 said:

BattleGrackle said:

LSCSN said:

ChampsAg said:

Thank you for reminding us just how bloated many local government payrolls are.

Yes, and this is the exact reason why these two are, IMO, in the right to make this stand.

As long as they don't blink at the last minute, they will have done their community a great service.

Preventing bloat is a massive win.
FamousAgg
How many of you supported the democrats leaving Texas to avoid a vote in July 2021?

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/12/texas-democrats-walk-out-voting-bill/
birdman
These guys seem to be doing EXACTLY what I want them to do. I wanted them to rein in the bloat and lower taxes.

They can do this by voting yes/no, depending on the issue. They could propose something. Or they could not attend so there isn't a quorum. I don't care how they get the job done. I just want results.

Keep up the good work.
cavscout96
AG
BattleGrackle said:

How many of you supported the democrats leaving Texas to avoid a vote in July 2021?

I didn't, but turnabout is fair play no?
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
cavscout96 said:

BattleGrackle said:

If it wasn't right then, it isn't right now. It's not tit for tat. It's do the right thing. Do what you were elected to do, which is engage in discussion and vote. Not avoid votes you think you will lose. Majority still rules in our Democratic Republic. It's frustrating being in the minority. But that's the way it is. And still the best form of government ever created.
hopeandrealchange
Mr.Short-termMemory said:

cavscout96 said:

BattleGrackle said:

If it wasn't right then, it isn't right now. It's not tit for tat. It's do the right thing. Do what you were elected to do, which is engage in discussion and vote. Not avoid votes you think you will lose. Majority still rules in our Democratic Republic. It's frustrating being in the minority. But that's the way it is. And still the best form of government ever created.

I said this on my original post supporting these two commissioners.
For many years our Conservative leaders have been sitting back wringing their hands while standing on principle. All the while their nasty no Shame counterparts have been running our County at all levels of government into the ditch.
In my option it is past time to take the gloves off and fight fire with fire while we still have something worth fighting for.
I salute Steve Aldrich and Russ Ford.
George Costanza
99.9999% of folks have no idea what is in the budget, how the budget is created, what the tax rate is, could be or should be. It's easy to complain on the internet with generic hyperbole though.
hopeandrealchange
George Costanza said:

99.9999% of folks have no idea what is in the budget, how the budget is created, what the tax rate is, could be or should be. It's easy to complain on the internet with generic hyperbole though.

Sir you just might be right.
Would you consider educating all of us here of the budgeting procedure that would be used if by chance property values were to drop?
Would it be possible that the tax rate would be raised to meet budget requirements. I am pretty sure 99.9% here that are not on the County teat would prefer a cut in spending.
Are you Possibly on that teat?
doubledog
RafterAg223 said:

Maybe some of us need to be enlightened, as we are clearly not as close to certain officials as some posters are.
Maybe too close to have an unbiased opinion?
AG81
AG
George Costanza said:

The County has proposed a slight decrease in the tax rate. But, with property values SIGNIFICANTLY higher this year, the small tax RATE decrease does not remotely come close to countering the increase in property values, so, as politicians often do, they couch a decrease in the rate of growth in taxes as a tax cut, which this isn't as taxes will go up almost 10% for those who have a homestead exemption, as high as 25% for those who don't.

Aldrich and Ford have avoided County Commissioners meeting because they will be outvoted 3-2, as they want an even lower tax rate. If the county can't hold a vote by Sept. 28th, the tax rate will automatically be adjusted to ensure that the County only collects the same amount in taxes this year as last year. In other words, there would be a zero tax increase for County residents.

If you want to pay more in taxes in Brazos County next year than this year, then you oppose what Aldrich and Ford are doing. If you want taxes to remain the same, then you support what Aldrich and Ford are doing.

This isn't the only county where this is happening. It's happening in several others.
hopeandrealchange
AG81 said:

George Costanza said:

The County has proposed a slight decrease in the tax rate. But, with property values SIGNIFICANTLY higher this year, the small tax RATE decrease does not remotely come close to countering the increase in property values, so, as politicians often do, they couch a decrease in the rate of growth in taxes as a tax cut, which this isn't as taxes will go up almost 10% for those who have a homestead exemption, as high as 25% for those who don't.

Aldrich and Ford have avoided County Commissioners meeting because they will be outvoted 3-2, as they want an even lower tax rate. If the county can't hold a vote by Sept. 28th, the tax rate will automatically be adjusted to ensure that the County only collects the same amount in taxes this year as last year. In other words, there would be a zero tax increase for County residents.

If you want to pay more in taxes in Brazos County next year than this year, then you oppose what Aldrich and Ford are doing. If you want taxes to remain the same, then you support what Aldrich and Ford are doing.

This isn't the only county where this is happening. It's happening in several others.

Once you fight through all the smoke it truly is that simple.
Many either don't care to understand or they just can't get past the intentional smoke designed to hide the truth.
cavscout96
AG
Mr.Short-termMemory said:

cavscout96 said:

BattleGrackle said:

you are correct, when the electorate is informed and engaged. When it's not, you get what we've got.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.