Need pasture shredded - located near Calvert/Bremond

715 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mhnatt
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anywhere from 30-80 acres depending on how much time you have. Open, no obstructions, shredded and hay baled yearly so it is easy.

12 foot minimum batwing please (otherwise it takes too much time/cost).

Mike [at] hnatt (then add a dot com)

Thanks
SCHTICK00
AG
Cost should be by the acre so I don't see where machine size should matter other than I don't believe anything with less than a 5' hub cuts well. I had a 8' 3pt mower I pulled with 83hp. With 2-4' hubs the blade tip speed seemed too slow to cut well even with new blades.
mhnatt
SCHTICK00 said:

Cost should be by the acre so I don't see where machine size should matter other than I don't believe anything with less than a 5' hub cuts well. I had a 8' 3pt mower I pulled with 83hp. With 2-4' hubs the blade tip speed seemed too slow to cut well even with new blades.

I'd normally agree but coming from experience, dudes that come out with a 5' throw in more than 3X the amount of time, diesel, and probability that something of his will break or some other excuse that interrupts the job to make it half-cocked that drags out for weeks instead of a day or two.

Nope. I'm not letting some poor souls mess around with a 5' anymore. It's bad for him and me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.