1775 Texas Pit BBQ - Sticker shock

10,400 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BCSWguru
Bonfire97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I participated in camp brisket this year (put on by Foodways Texas and the A&M meat science department) and would tell you that's not what results will tell you. They do a blind taste test every year and the better grades always score better than lower grades, the class this year I was in was no exception. Top choice and prime will finish better than choice and select if you know what you're doing.
I don't doubt those results. I guess my brisket palate is a little lacking. LOL
RyanFromTexas
Bunk Moreland said:

El_duderino said:

Last time I checked, not paying $24/lb for sausage isn't considered penny pinching.

C&J and Rudy's exist for a reason. Enjoy!

Rudy's was $24 per lb last time I was there and while it does do the job, the consistency is all over the place.

It's not that close, but H-E-B's True Texas BBQ is at $22 per lb (prime) at all locations and is currently the best bbq value in my opinion. Quality and consistency are quite good.
trackaggie76
AG
last few years it seems you need to be prepared to cash in a savings bond to get some BBQ!
Rex Racer
AG
How is the BBQ at Brookshire Bros? I don't expect it to compare to craft BBQ. Just asking if anyone has had it.
BCSWguru
Rex Racer said:

How is the BBQ at Brookshire Bros? I don't expect it to compare to craft BBQ. Just asking if anyone has had it.
Not terrible. Not great. Would go again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.