Chubby's Public House

9,769 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Dumbfounded
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's time to add another contender to best burger in Aggieland. Finally had a chance to try Chubby's Public House today and it didn't disappoint.

They have everything from the "basic" hamburger to some interesting creations including a pizza burger. I tried the Jesse's Big Chubb and it was legit. Perfect meat seasoning, perfectly cooked, and the bacon was excellent bacon for a burger. Burgers are huge and the bread is perfect for holding up to all the burger contents.

I'll add the fries and service deserve a shout out also.

The owners said they're currently running a 15% off online order special also type 15%DISCOUNT when you check out.

I recommend and will definitely be back.

(Edit: they also have about 12 beers on draught if you're in the mood for a beer with your burger.)

Tibbers
I'll check it out this week. Thanks for the info!
trouble
AG
Chubby's is very good. The pretzels are amazing.
Koko Chingo
AG
I have enjoyed everything I have had there.

I am surprised it is not packed.
84AGEC
AG
Where is this place ?
trouble
AG
On Texas in Bryan behind Mr hamburger
Tibbers
That's a horrible location man. Damn.
AG81
AG
6 oz burger? I'll pass.
b0ridi
AG81 said:

6 oz burger? I'll pass.
Too small? Too big? We're dying to know more.
halibut sinclair
1/3 pound is perfect for most people.
trouble
AG
It's a good sized burger
shovel pass
AG
Thanks to this post, we went there for lunch before the game and it was pretty much the only bright spot on a terrible day. We had the chili cheeseburger and pastrami burger with tots. If you want a bigger burger they'll make anything a double for an extra $3. Everything was very good and the owners were friendly and provided great service. It is a little out of the way, so I'm sure they'd appreciate more folks giving them a shot.
BCSWguru
tried to go but they closed on Sundays. Ventured to Mr Hamburger where kids eat free on Sundays. It worked out.
chloelee
Tried to go one weeknight and they close at 7PM!
woodiewood1
AG81 said:

6 oz burger? I'll pass.
A 6 oz burger raw is probably a 4 or 5 oz cooked. Most people would probably want the second patty.
woodiewood1
chloelee said:

Tried to go one weeknight and they close at 7PM!
I know the fast foods that close early and Sundays would need fewer employees and also want more family time, and I agree and understand, but it sure blocks out a lot of people out looking for a place to eat.

That's not a great location for the lunch and supper crowd that is around A&M during the day. Hope they make it.
halibut sinclair
The location is fine for a lot of people in town. The only negative is Mr. Hamburger being right in front.

Google and their website show them closing at 9pm.
trouble
AG
They changed their hours a while back. They are open Tuesday-Saturday 10-9
Broncos
Don't let the "6 oz" fool you. The burger I had was more than 6 oz.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
trouble said:

It's a good sized burger

Burger looks good but the fries look kind of meh. What did you think?
trouble
AG
The fries are excellent. Super crisp exterior, creamy melty interior.
ChampsAg
Had a chili cheese dog and tots. Friend had the pastrami burger special. I think I like the hot dog at HW better but the tots were good. Pastrami burger was huge and he enjoyed it and said the fries were great.
MB19
AG
Gave it a try. Definitely coming back. It's good
texAZtea
AG
Atmosphere? What's the vibe?
trouble
AG
It's a chill family friendly restaurant
91_Aggie
AG
Does this pub have fish n chips?
MiMi
S
Chubby's Public House is not a 'pub.' Its menu has many hamburgers and hot dogs, as well as some appetizers and salads, but I don't see fish n chips.
JR Ewing
AG
We went Saturday afternoon, and we had a great experience. The food was fantastic, grabbed a beer with the Mrs., and I would definitely go back. Owners were working their tails off and were super nice. Great locals trying to get their business off the ground and revitalize parts of that shopping center. It gets JR'S stamp of approval.
dubi
AG
We went Sunday and they were closed.

So we at at Mr Hamburger instead and the food was really good, but they were definitely understaffed. It was kids eat free and there was a big church crowd.
war hymn aggie
AG
I went there with a group of 5 there last Friday around noon.
Burgers were great.
Service was excellent.
It was not busy at all, however.
In fact, there was no other patrons in the dining room when we left around 1:15.
We will be back.
Give 'em a try.
JMac03
AG
3 of us went today. It was very good!

When we got there, there was a table of 1. When we left 2 other people had come in but there was in from 11:45-12:45. Hope more people visit this place because it was good.

Burger had good flavor, was juicy and good veggies. Fries were great too.

ukbb2003
I went there today as well around 1:15. There was a table of two and then me.

The food was really good; I had the BBQ burger and tots. Don't let the 6 oz fool you, it is a good size burger and plenty of food.
dubi
AG
We finally made it to Chubby's on Saturday.

The food was fantastic and i got authenticate onion rings with my burger!
woodiewood1
Went Saturday and it was very good, but on the high side. Order and took home Chile dog, fries, Turkey sandwich and onion rings and no drinks was $35.31. Very good food though! Will go back, but not as often as would like.
Koko Chingo
AG
woodiewood1 said:

on the high side
Unfortunately, everything is going up. The small shops get hit first because they do not have the purchasing power of a chain. I feel it at HEB with teenage boys and all their friends always eating at our house. (I would rather pay double knowing they are my house than running the streets but don't tell them that…) I hope small businesses can ride out the next year.

Chubby's has been great and the owners are really nice. They love the area and are already doing things for the community. They even donated to Rotary for their Thanksgiving Food Baskets for families in need.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.