Babysitters in B/CS during football games?

3,454 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TxAgg07
chrisag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for babysitters in B/CS? Would need someone to look after our 2 kids (3-yrs old and 8-week old infant) during the Miami game and likely some of the home games later this season.

I've scanned Care.com but hard finding a sitter that is available to book past 10pm on Saturdays. I do realize the 8:30pm Miami game is likely the latest game all season.

TIA
TXCityGirl
Apply with bcssitters.com - they background check the college girls they hire.

trouble
AG
Prodigy Learning Center offers game day care.

TyHolden
AG
TXCityGirl said:

How does this compare to care.com? Serious question. I rarely ask them.
bobinator
AG
Prodigy's game day care is only if you have a child enrolled there right?
dubi
AG
bobinator said:

Prodigy's game day care is only if you have a child enrolled there right?
I bet is is open to anyone, but all it takes is a phone call to confirm that.
trouble
AG
I think it's open first to their students. They posted that on Facebook as a public post not just open to their page/families though.
maroon barchetta
You have an 8-week old baby. Might need to consider that Aggie football isn't a priority this season.

It's not the same as dropping a toddler with a sitter and having them sit in front of some Pixar movies for six hours.
Fleen
I have a 14 year old daughter that is Safe sitter certified, Infant/Adult CPR certified, has worked CSISD Summer Enrichment with me, volunteers Sundays in church nursery.

hit me up at fleen97 at gmail
A Net Full of Jello
AG
maroon barchetta said:

You have an 8-week old baby. Might need to consider that Aggie football isn't a priority this season.

It's not the same as dropping a toddler with a sitter and having them sit in front of some Pixar movies for six hours.
Or take the 8 week old to the game. No better time than the present to begin the brainwashing.
555-PINF
A Net Full of Jello said:

maroon barchetta said:

Or take the 8 week old to the game. No better time than the present to begin the brainwashing.

Bonus tip - fill baby bottles with Colorado Bulldogs for in-game consumption. Just add concession stand Pepsi and you're all set. Nothing says midday game in September like a lukewarm dairy based vodka cocktail. …with Pepsi.
thann07
AG

maroon barchetta said:

My wife is due 10/25.
I want to take the baby to Ole Miss. People seem to think it's not going to happen, but won't baby appreciate a lifetime of knowing they got to go to the first possible A&M game he could attend?
histag10
AG
TyHolden said:

TXCityGirl said:

How does this compare to care.com? Serious question. I rarely ask them.

Sitters and parents are background checked and vetted. You are more likely to be scammed on care.com, and you are more likely to find the less desirable type of sitters on care.com (my opinion)
A Net Full of Jello
AG
555-PINF said:

maroon barchetta said:

Bonus tip - fill baby bottles with Colorado Bulldogs for in-game consumption. Just add concession stand Pepsi and you're all set. Nothing says midday game in September like a lukewarm dairy based vodka cocktail. …with Pepsi.

Use Dr Pepper. That makes it a Texas Bulldog.
trouble
AG
That's precious.

Your wife is barely going to feel like getting dressed.
dubi
AG
trouble said:

That's precious.

The wife can stay home and pump and he can go to the game with the baby using her ticket.

Win Win!
trouble
AG
I'm sure that'll work beautifully
thann07
AG
trouble said:

That's precious.

Well I wasn't going to ask her to go. And he probably wouldn't stay all that long.

But yeah, probably not happening.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Leave the baby home with mom and go to the game with your friends.
Aggie
AG
thann07 said:

maroon barchetta said:

My wife is due 10/25.
I want to take the baby to Ole Miss. People seem to think it's not going to happen, but won't baby appreciate a lifetime of knowing they got to go to the first possible A&M game he could attend?

Other than taking an 8 week old to a college football game, this is the worst idea ever.

wareagle044
Pretty sure tickets are required even for infants at SEC games. We made it to half time with our then 18 month old last year which was longer than I thought. She did require a ticket and while it wasn't an A&M game - the grief we caught from the gate personnel over our clear diaper bag was a nightmare. They wouldn't let us in bc the bag was "backpack" style they sent for a supervisor. We ended up just darting up the ramps and disappeared into the crowds as opposed to waiting. This year we will just be tailgating.
trouble
AG
For all Aggie football games not just conference games.

Anyone 2 and under is free for general admission seats for all other sports.

Football does not have general admission.
JMac03
AG
I would be more worried about exposing those infants to covid or any other sickness than the noise/people.
histag10
AG
Rhinovirus and RSV are going around BCS right now. All three of my kids had a pretty nasty virus this week (suspecting rhinovirus). And while not a huge deal for most kids, an Itty bitty newborn should avoid it at all cost.
LOYAL AG
AG
thann07 said:

maroon barchetta said:

My wife is due 10/25.

This is a terrible idea. My son grew up at Olsen Field, as in opening day at 7 weeks and 35 of 37 that season before he was even six months old. That team went to Omaha and the students nicknamed him the Rally Baby. He was there A LOT. The atmosphere there is way more conducive to an infant than Kyle Field and football. Almost nothing good can come of this. It's loud. Hot. He's liable to get sunburned or you put sunblock on skin that's probably not ready for that yet. Seriously. Don't do this.
thann07
AG
Goodness people can't seem to pick up a hint of sarcasm.
spike427
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Leave the baby home with mom and go to the game with your friends.

If you do this, go home with her favorite take out meal plus dessert.
Hornbeck
thann07 said:

Goodness people can't seem to pick up a hint of sarcasm.

It's Texags….
trouble
AG
I don't think you realize how many people would actually attempt this.

The youngest baby I've seen in Kyle was under 3 weeks.
RedmanATM
AG
Anyone know of someone wanting to babysit for Miami game? BCS babysitters doesn't have enough sitters for the first time in our 4 years of using them.
dubi
AG
RedmanATM said:

Anyone know of someone wanting to babysit for Miami game? BCS babysitters doesn't have enough sitters for the first time in our 4 years of using them.
You might say how many kids and their ages.
RedmanATM
AG
4.5 and 19 month old girls. Will start dinner for them before heading to the game. Need help finishing dinner, then bed by game time. Most of the shift will be while they sleep.
Tanya 93
LOYAL AG said:

thann07 said:

maroon barchetta said:

My wife is due 10/25.

This is a terrible idea. My son grew up at Olsen Field, as in opening day at 7 weeks and 35 of 37 that season before he was even six months old. That team went to Omaha and the students nicknamed him the Rally Baby. He was there A LOT. The atmosphere there is way more conducive to an infant than Kyle Field and football. Almost nothing good can come of this. It's loud. Hot. He's liable to get sunburned or you put sunblock on skin that's probably not ready for that yet. Seriously. Don't do this.

Benny had a seat before he was born.
He was at fall ball at 7 weeks.

But a big football game seems harder to me
Fleen
Fleen97 at the gmail
Fleen
RedmanATM said:

4.5 and 19 month old girls. Will start dinner for them before heading to the game. Need help finishing dinner, then bed by game time. Most of the shift will be while they sleep.

Check my post above and near the top of the thread...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.