First Scoops at the New Creamery

2,321 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by doubledog
Aggie Network
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG

The first scoops of ice cream at Texas A&M's new Moore Family Creamery were served today in advance of the opening this Saturday in honor of two Aggie family connections.

A&M's former campus creamery was a sentimental location both for Moore family members and for Aggie Park lead donor Wayne Roberts '85 and his late wife, Shannon Lia Roberts '86.

Wayne and Shannon went on dates there during their student days, and the Moore family of Aggies "all grew up in College Station and have memories of the old creamery," said Casey Moore '98.

That longtime campus creamery, which for many years made all its treats with milk from A&M's dairy herd, moved in 1995 and then closed down in the early 2000s.

Now, its Aggie legacy is being picked up with the Debbie '74 and Kent '72 Moore Family Creamery, which will open on the first home gameday, Sept. 3.

Read more --> First scoops from A&M's new Creamery have sweet story
The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
AggieNetwork@AggieNetwork.com | (979) 845-7514
CoachtobeNamed$$$
Will it be open every day?
phillytex24
This is exciting!!!!! I'm also excited about the Andy's Custard opening soon! The more ice cream the merrier, in my opinion. :-)
84AGEC
AG
Went to the old creamery often. It was never the same across the tracks.
bobinator
AG
I want to fight about whether it's a creamery if it neither makes ice cream nor is run by a company that makes ice cream? (Like I don't know if Marble Slab makes the ice cream at each location, but Marble Slab is a place that makes ice cream, if that makes sense)

Like, it's not the end of the world, but if I went to an ag school and visited their "creamery" and they were scooping Blue Bell I'd feel cheated.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
bobinator said:

I want to fight about whether it's a creamery if it neither makes ice cream nor is run by a company that makes ice cream? (Like I don't know if Marble Slab makes the ice cream at each location, but Marble Slab is a place that makes ice cream, if that makes sense)

Like, it's not the end of the world, but if I went to an ag school and visited their "creamery" and they were scooping Blue Bell I'd feel cheated.
It's an ice cream parlor, not a creamery. You can't just change the names of things, people!
PWR85
AG
Yes, it serves blue bell. Shakes, floats, ice cream sandwiches hand made with fresh baked cookies. Smells wonderful when you walk in. Refreshments and grab/go food for all of us to enjoy in Aggie Park. And a "nod" or "homage" to the old creamery we knew well back in the day since we don't produce ice cream anymore.

Thank you to the Moore Family for their wonderful gift for our enjoyment!

Gig 'em,

Wayne Roberts '85
doubledog
Aggie Network said:

The first scoops of ice cream at Texas A&M's new Moore Family Creamery were served today in advance of the opening this Saturday in honor of two Aggie family connections.

A&M's former campus creamery was a sentimental location both for Moore family members and for Aggie Park lead donor Wayne Roberts '85 and his late wife, Shannon Lia Roberts '86.

Wayne and Shannon went on dates there during their student days, and the Moore family of Aggies "all grew up in College Station and have memories of the old creamery," said Casey Moore '98.

That longtime campus creamery, which for many years made all its treats with milk from A&M's dairy herd, moved in 1995 and then closed down in the early 2000s.

Now, its Aggie legacy is being picked up with the Debbie '74 and Kent '72 Moore Family Creamery, which will open on the first home gameday, Sept. 3.

Read more --> First scoops from A&M's new Creamery have sweet story
Thanks for your sponsorship of MyBCS (Forum 35). Will stop by with the family.
I and the family, fondly remember to old A&M dairy...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.