Fitch and Hwy 6 Vacant Property

4,835 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by doubledog
Texasclipper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has what is going in there ever been announced? Sorry if its been posted and i missed it, but i checked the coming business thread and didn't see anything.
ElephantRider
AG
Gas station at the corner seems to be the consensus (with QT being thrown around a lot). But that's a pretty big lot, so there will be other commercial stuff there too
CoachtobeNamed$$$
Too bad Buc-ee's didn't grab that whole lot.
Vinewood_03
Will be a "Texan" gas station. They've been popping up down south. Basically a Bucc-ees
Captn_Ag05
AG
With the Texan, the new 9,000 square-foot Waves gas station going in at University and Copperfield, the two new TXB locations, and the Aurora location going in at Harvey and the bypass, BCS is quite the hotbed for gas station activity. Hopefully that will make a few posters from the gas station thread happy - https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3308502

ElephantRider
AG
JimboFFisher said:

They didn't want it.
Tailgate88
AG
JimboFFisher said:

I love Buc-ee's. But putting one at that corner would have been an unmitigated traffic disaster. When (he says optimistically) they put one in, it needs to be a little farther south of town...
Buford T. Justice
AG
In front of the new neighborhood at the old racetrack would be ideal.
Hornbeck
Buford T. Justice said:

In front of the new neighborhood at the old racetrack would be ideal.

So at Christmas you can have gridlock traffic for more than just Santa's?!?!
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Selfishly disagree. Put that thing on the north side of Bryan. I just need Millican to stay Millican for about 40 more years. After I'm dead, you can put a super Buc-ees there for all I care.
LOYAL AG
AG
If we get a Buc EE's it'll be as close to 6/21 as they can get. Once 14 comes through that's going to be a very busy area. We're several years from that but assuming it happens that's where Buc EE's will want to be.
Texasclipper
AG
vmiaptetr said:

Selfishly disagree. Put that thing on the north side of Bryan. I just need Millican to stay Millican for about 40 more years. After I'm dead, you can put a super Buc-ees there for all I care.
I'm afraid that ship has already sailed, or is leaving the dock very soon. The only thing keeping Millican the same is Navisota schools and the lack of zoning/HOA rules. But land values skyrocketing in CS is already changing Millican.
Texasclipper
AG
LOYAL AG said:

If we get a Buc EE's it'll be as close to 6/21 as they can get. Once 14 comes through that's going to be a very busy area. We're several years from that but assuming it happens that's where Buc EE's will want to be.
This is an excellent point. Buccees won't build here until they know where the interstate is going to go. Isn't it still up in the air for 21 versus 30?
LOYAL AG
AG
Texasclipper said:

LOYAL AG said:

This is an excellent point. Buccees won't build here until they know where the interstate is going to go. Isn't it still up in the air for 21 versus 30?
That's a good question. I searched for that this morning and found maps that highlighted 21 to Madisonville and 30 to Huntsville and I doubt they do both. My hunch is they'll do 21 to Madisonville then bypass Madisonville to the south because it's fewer miles that have to be rebuilt before you get to existing road that's interstate spec. It's 36 miles from Bryan to Madisonville then you could use 45 to get to Huntsville where as if you use 30 you have to rebuild 52 miles of 30. Math aside I didn't find anything showing a decision has been made.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
My strong prediction: The Fitch - Hwy 6 property will be the location of the new Texan Store.

Stupe
S
Tailgate88 said:

JimboFFisher said:

I love Buc-ee's. But putting one at that corner would have been an unmitigated traffic disaster. When (he says optimistically) they put one in, it needs to be a little farther south of town...

Completely agree. That would be a brutal addition to that intersection.
ElephantRider
AG
Texasclipper said:

vmiaptetr said:

I'm afraid that ship has already sailed, or is leaving the dock very soon. The only thing keeping Millican the same is Navisota schools and the lack of zoning/HOA rules. But land values skyrocketing in CS is already changing Millican.

This is the big thing. If that area was CSISD, it would already be game over
doubledog
ElephantRider said:

Texasclipper said:

vmiaptetr said:

And if a large section of this area around Millican was not in a flood plain ....
Texasclipper
AG
ElephantRider said:

Texasclipper said:

vmiaptetr said:

Look at Millican Reserve. Those lots sell for CS lot prices even for the section in Navisota schools. That neighborhood will push up prices the whole area if it isn't already. The Aggie retirees returning to God's Country don't care about Navisota schools. They want to jump on 6 or Wellborn Rd and run to HEB or Kyle field.
Stupe
S
doubledog said:

ElephantRider said:

Texasclipper said:

vmiaptetr said:

And if a large section of this area around Millican was not in a flood plain ....
That doesn't really matter as much, anymore. Not for large neighborhoods.

Katy is a flood plain and that entire area is exploding. Builders get around that with retention ponds and building up.

trouble
AG
Y'all, it's Navasota. No i.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

My strong prediction: The Fitch - Hwy 6 property will be the location of the new Texan Store.

I've read that somewhere before.

MS08
AG
https://thetexanstores.com/locations/

Actually, a gas station like Buc-ees (size, amount of pumps, etc.) was deed restricted from going into this location.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Texasclipper said:

ElephantRider said:

Texasclipper said:

vmiaptetr said:

Look at Millican Reserve. Those lots sell for CS lot prices even for the section in Navisota schools. That neighborhood will push up prices the whole area if it isn't already. The Aggie retirees returning to God's Country don't care about Navisota schools. They want to jump on 6 or Wellborn Rd and run to HEB or Kyle field.

Millican Meadows is CSISD
AG81
AG
Vinewood_03 said:

Will be a "Texan" gas station. They've been popping up down south. Basically a Bucc-ees

If "basically a Buccees" means it has lots of gas pumps and has lots of bathrooms, then yeah, it's "basically a Buccees". The Texan never has the cheapest gas prices, Buccees always has the cheapest.

Buccees is in league if it's own.
woodiewood1
Captn_Ag05 said:

With the Texan, the new 9,000 square-foot Waves gas station going in at University and Copperfield, the two new TXB locations, and the Aurora location going in at Harvey and the bypass, BCS is quite the hotbed for gas station activity. Hopefully that will make a few posters from the gas station thread happy - https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3308502

Convenience stores can be very profitable businesses in good locations and managed well. People like to pay three times the price for packaged foods rather than planning ahead and obtaining from a grocery store.
woodiewood1
AG81 said:

Vinewood_03 said:

If "basically a Buccees" means it has lots of gas pumps and has lots of bathrooms, then yeah, it's "basically a Buccees". The Texan never has the cheapest gas prices, Buccees always has the cheapest.

Buccees in Madisonville is always about ten cents or more higher than the gas station a few blocks away.
Tailgate88
AG
woodiewood1 said:

AG81 said:

Vinewood_03 said:

Buccees in Madisonville is always about ten cents or more higher than the gas station a few blocks away.
Interesting... Buccees in Waller is always the cheapest gas between here and Houston. They use it as a loss leader obviously. Same as the one in Wharton we stop at on the way to the coast.
birdman
I'm sure Texans will do fine there. Every time I go into large gas station, I'm shocked by the number of people. I can/t imagine that location being any different.

But the other side of me wonders. There are 3 or 4 gas stations within shouting distance. I never see a crowd at those gas stations.

I just assumed somebody smart would build about a 6-8 floor office complex there. Sooner or later, somebody is going to build a large office building on south side of town and start printing money.
doubledog
birdman said:

I'm sure Texans will do fine there. Every time I go into large gas station, I'm shocked by the number of people. I can/t imagine that location being any different.

But the other side of me wonders. There are 3 or 4 gas stations within shouting distance. I never see a crowd at those gas stations.

I just assumed somebody smart would build about a 6-8 floor office complex there. Sooner or later, somebody is going to build a large office building on south side of town and start printing money.
At one time the Crystal Park Plaza was on the south side of College Station. Soon the south side of College Station will be the north side of Navasota.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.