Foundation repairs

2,012 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by scd88
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need some work done. Who are the local foundation repair folks? I've talked to Anchor and feel like they have little interest in the solution to my issue. They just want to sell something. Called them and was routed to a call center in India.

Anyway. Who have you used? Thanks.
AnchorFoundation
sdc88,

I'm sorry for the issue with the answering service, and that you felt we had little interest in helping out around your home. They are US based... but in listening to recorded calls realize there are some issues in how we capture homeowner info and I need to come up with a better process.

Here's my cell, I'd be happy to have you call direct so we can start a conversation: 979.587.9261

I'll also include a link our Contact Us Page so you can share more details and schedule a time that works for your schedule.
MeatDr
AG
Brazos Valley Solutions. Won't sell you anything you don't need. I'll go to Walt for anything I need foundation-wise in the future.
scd88
AG
Appreciate the response. I still moved forward with a video meeting. I get frustrated with any business that clearly outsources an answering service. It is not hard to decipher the person on the other end of the line is not in Bryan or College Station.

My money comment comes from wanted a $250 fee for an in person inspection. I felt that was pretty steep. The guy I talked to was very nice and the only reason I moved forward with the video call. I have heard Anchor has done good work for my neighbors and that's why I called in the first place.
scd88
AG
MeatDr said:

Brazos Valley Solutions. Won't sell you anything you don't need. I'll go to Walt for anything I need foundation-wise in the future.

Thanks. I spoke with Walt and set up an appointment.
taxpreparer
AG
We have had multiple interactions with Anchor and they went both Ken and his son went out of their way not to sell us something we did not need.
quantumleap
scd88, I may be having to go down the foundation repair road myself sometime soon, so would you mind sharing what company you decided to go with, and if you were happy with the end result?
scd88
AG
quantumleap said:

scd88, I may be having to go down the foundation repair road myself sometime soon, so would you mind sharing what company you decided to go with, and if you were happy with the end result?

Sorry, I missed replying to this. Both Walt and Anchor have provided bids. Walt came out, Anchor was a video appointment. My situation is a little tricky and I've not had the work done yet. This is for a detached garage. Tempted to put the money towards a new garage and that's one of my hold ups.
quantumleap
scd88 said:

quantumleap said:

Sorry, I missed replying to this. Both Walt and Anchor have provided bids. Walt came out, Anchor was a video appointment. My situation is a little tricky and I've not had the work done yet. This is for a detached garage. Tempted to put the money towards a new garage and that's one of my hold ups.

No worries, I wasn't in a rush for a reply, and appreciate you taking the time to post one!

One additional question, if you don't mind, setting aside that no work has been done, were you happy with the interactions with both companies (or preferred one over the other), and were their bids similar amounts?

I'm at a crossroads where I am deciding on whether to contact one over the other (or both), so I appreciate any thoughts on that addition question!
scd88
AG
Good questions. Walt came out and took a look at what was needed. Provided me a bid that afternoon.

I did a FaceTime appointment with Anchor as I didn't want to pay $250 (I think) for an in person inspection. I understand why they do that as there are probably lots of people like me who delay on getting the work done.

Their scope of works were different as was the estimate for repairs.
quantumleap
scd88 said:

Good questions. Walt came out and took a look at what was needed. Provided me a bid that afternoon.

I did a FaceTime appointment with Anchor as I didn't want to pay $250 (I think) for an in person inspection. I understand why they do that as there are probably lots of people like me who delay on getting the work done.

Their scope of works were different as was the estimate for repairs.

It sounds like my best bet is to also contact both companies, and see if they come close to agreeing on what needs to be done (and the, financial, damage that it will extract)!

Thanks once again for the reply, and hope that you and yours have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
scd88
AG
You're welcome. Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, also.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.