A guy with a zero turn

1,746 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
texAZtea
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a question for you, Ags.

How much use is there in the area for a guy with a zero turn mower who can work every other weekend?

Context:
I met a man who is managing the HOA for a new neighborhood going up now. He said he was having a hard time finding mowing crews so I bought a zero turn and started mowing for him. 2 months in and he decides to go with a professional crew. I spent a lot of money getting set up, and I know I can't recoup what I spent if I just sell everything.
Do you think there is a market out there for a guy with a full time job already to mow acre+ tracts?
maroon barchetta
I would hit up some of the new homes on larger lots that have just been built and occupied and offer your services.

They may want somebody to mow and are not set up to do it themselves.
Vinewood_03
Short answer is yes. Yes there is a market for it. However, how you get "jobs" will be up to you. Word of mouth has always been the best marketing tool for a job like this so I would start by hitting up friends/co-workers, etc.
BCSWguru
How far are you willing to drive?
texAZtea
AG
LSCSN said:

How far are you willing to drive?

It depends on the acreage, but 30 minutes any direction from BCS
BCSWguru
I hope I remember this thread come new years. Might be looking for someone to mow about 3 acres every now and then.
Bunk Moreland
I had an Uber driver give me his lawn service flyer and even though I love doing my own lawn I considered him.

My neighbor hires a crew that comes in with a zero turn and an edger. There's NO need for a zero turn on yards this size other than speed. They crush it in 30 minutes and move on to the next customer.

YES. There's a market. Go market yourself and stuff mailboxes/door knobs. Try churches and entities that have larger plots but if they're efficient they can make money on the small ones too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.