*** Bushytailed's 2022 "They are Coming" Thread ***

3,739 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by maroon barchetta
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People!

I'm sure y'all have seen the uptick in traffic and Uhauls around town.

The students are returning! This is not a drill!

The Corps has already started moving in. Campus housing for non-regs opens next Saturday, 8/20. The first class day is 8/24. The first home game is 9/3.

If you haven't already made your final trips to HEB, Target, WalMart, and Specs...get it done now! It's time to stockpile food and alcohol.

Do you have enough to survive through Labor Day?!?

Enjoy the last of the leisurely drives down Welborn Rd and Texas Ave. You won't get that luxury again until mid-December. Enjoy your last meals along restaurant row. The hour+ long waits will return soon.

Remember, we can do this. We can survive! We just need to hunker down for a few weeks.

Also remember that these students are the lifeblood of our local economy.

Most importantly, be patient and kind towards each other. We will get through this. I'll see y'all on the other side.

BTHO fall semester!

bobinator
AG
I have a new job working from home, so I've never been more excited for the students to come back!

2818 is going to be like Mad Max: Fury Road this year.
Scruffy
AG
Used to be, I enjoyed seeing all the new freshman girls move in....
Now it would be seeing their moms.

Yall stay safe.
I don't miss the first 20 weeks of school and new drivers.
ElephantRider
AG
bobinator said:

I have a new job working from home, so I've never been more excited for the students to come back!

Same here, glad I'm working from home now and don't have to fight this traffic every day
ElephantRider
AG
Scruffy said:

Used to be, I enjoyed seeing all the new freshman girls move in....
Now it would be seeing their moms.

Yall stay safe.
I don't miss the first 20 weeks of school and new drivers.
Seems like they usually get it all figured out right as the springs semester is ending.
91_Aggie
AG
If you think Gringos is crowded now, it's going to get worse
BaitShack
AG
Not that I'm a dirty old man or anything, but this means more hotties in the grocery store.
91_Aggie
AG
BaitShack said:

Not that I'm a dirty old man or anything, but this means more hotties in the grocery store.
um, that 100% means you are a dirty old man.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
bobinator said:

Haha I'm really pretty darn excited to have been fortunate enough to move back! Especially since it's still WFH pretty much for me but I'm now close enough to the university
scd88
AG
Love this time of year. I don't mind the driving habits of the students - have y'all seen how many of our "adult" residents behave on the roads? Sheesh.
chickencoupe16
AG
Covid made me appreciate the students. The town just felt dead without them. Summer and winter are nice breaks and I do love to gripe about the students, but it's not Aggieland without them.
TyHolden
AG

which one of you did this?
doubledog
scd88 said:

Love this time of year. I don't mind the driving habits of the students - have y'all seen how many of our "adult" residents behave on the roads? Sheesh.
Every year, we take 70K of the worst drivers in the state and concentrate them in College Station.
We need compensation from the state !!!

FlyRod
scd88 said:

This times squadpillion!
Stupe
S
doubledog said:

scd88 said:

Every year, we take 70K of the worst drivers in the state and concentrate them in College Station.

Do you drive in DFW or Austin very often?

A Net Full of Jello
AG
Stupe said:

doubledog said:

scd88 said:

See, I think that's really the problem. Dallas drivers drive differently than Houston. Houston drivers are different from Austin. Austin drivers drive differently than people in west Texas. Then they all come here thinking THEY know how to drive and all the others are the morons. They all have to learn we don't necessarily cut across 4 lanes of traffic in 3 seconds like Dallas, refuse to let people in like Houston, have the worst roads in the state like Austin, or drive either 30 or 90 like in west Texas. We're our own breed of traffic here so the new students need to act like they're 15 and back in drivers ed again and just observe and learn.
Stupe
S
That may be the most perfect post that I've ever read on TexAgs.

It's flawless.
EMY92
AG
At least most of the students have insurance. That's not the case with the idiots in Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio.
TyHolden
AG
Tomorrow morning......get ready
doubledog
I have notice a dramatic increase in the red light runners since saturday.
This may be due to more cars in town OR more bad drivers in town (pick one or both).
doubledog
Stupe said:

doubledog said:

scd88 said:

I do, however the point of the post was the "forced" concentration of bad drivers.
ShinerBlonde
AG
I was almost hit yesterday at Munson and Dominik by a sorority girl who apparently thinks if you are turning right at a stop sign you don't actually have to stop. She never even paused at the stop sign despite the long lines of cars coming from every direction. Last week I watched a person take a left off of Lewis St onto Coke going the wrong way on the divided road way and drive to George Bush before taking a right on red without stopping. I'm already tired of it and school hasn't even officially started yet. Not looking forward to my drive to campus for work tomorrow.
ElephantRider
AG
I almost got nailed on Texas yesterday by a sorority girl pulling out of HEB and going straight to the inside turn lane in heavy traffic.
Mathguy64
AG
Driving around the last 4-5 days I have seen a significant number of people driving and holding their phones above the wheel. Like they are face timing someone while driving. Of course they are also oblivious to everything around them like lights changing or traffic stopping and starting in front of them.
TyHolden
AG
Time to drive your significant others' car/truck week
bobinator
AG
Saw two horrible wrecks on Wellborn just on my way to the gym and back, be careful out there folks.
maroon barchetta
ShinerBlonde said:

I was almost hit yesterday at Munson and Dominik by a sorority girl who apparently thinks if you are turning right at a stop sign you don't actually have to stop. She never even paused at the stop sign despite the long lines of cars coming from every direction. Last week I watched a person take a left off of Lewis St onto Coke going the wrong way on the divided road way and drive to George Bush before taking a right on red without stopping. I'm already tired of it and school hasn't even officially started yet. Not looking forward to my drive to campus for work tomorrow.

I went through Munson and Dominick after 5pm yesterday. Forgot that Monday evenings are sorority meeting nights at the houses. Lots of clueless drivers and terrible parking skills.

But hey, if they scrape up their new Jeep or Land Rover, daddy will get them a new one.

And yes, FaceTime while driving is a thing. You absolutely must be able to see who is talking to you and them see you and your cute outfit and new Kendra Scott earrings. OMG!!!! SO CUUUUUTE!!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
How I feel after reading this

b0ridi
bobinator said:

Saw two horrible wrecks on Wellborn just on my way to the gym and back, be careful out there folks.
One of them happened right in front of me at 1PM. Silver SUV rear-ended a stopped Suburban at about 30 mph near Chicken Express. Airbags deployed, but luckily there didn't appear to be any serious injuries. Silver SUV occupants were frat boys, and about a dozen of their fraternity brothers showed up within a few minutes for moral support. Silver SUV looked totaled. Luckily, none of the mistakes I made as a 19 y/o college student were that expensive. Stay alert out there.
maroon barchetta
b0ridi said:

bobinator said:

One of them happened right in front of me at 1PM. Silver SUV rear-ended a stopped Suburban at about 30 mph near Chicken Express. Airbags deployed, but luckily there didn't appear to be any serious injuries. Silver SUV occupants were frat boys, and about a dozen of their fraternity brothers showed up within a few minutes for moral support. Silver SUV looked totaled. Luckily, none of the mistakes I made as a 19 y/o college student were that expensive. Stay alert out there.

Daddy is already shopping for a new SUV for Biff to wreck during Rush Week.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.