Window repair

1,045 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Visor
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who (local) installs windows? Not acme because they are stupid evil, nor a+ cause they have like a rating of 2.. anyone else?
UmustBKidding
Know some like navasota glass
Tailgate88
AG
Enercon
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I've only ever had windshields replaced, but what's the issue with Acme?
halibut sinclair
Acme is great
Ag210
AG
I've used Enercon and Acme, good work by both companies.
JP76
Like broken glass or replacement of frame and glass ?
woodiewood1
Acme has done a couple of jobs for me and both were great. The only issue I had with them is when I got a bid to replace my pickup windshield, they were about $200 higher than David's Autoglass in Bryan. I drove it there and he had it replaced while we talked in about 20 minutes.
studioone
Esteban du Plantier said:

I've only ever had windshields replaced, but what's the issue with Acme?

I still own the building my photography studio use to be in... It's rented out to Twin City's for their resale shop.

The glass in the door frame has weather stripping and things that hold the glass in place. One piece fell out and went missing before I was told about it, so I cant find the piece to put it back in...

Back in 2016 or so our entire front section of windows were blown out from the tornado that went down the alley next to me. All the glass was replaced by Acme...

so I went over there to get them to replace the weather stripping... I wa informed that its not made anymore... so I ask them to just remove it alll and replace it with something...

and no one ever went...

so I asked again.. and met the commercial repair guy... he gave me some bits and said that should do it if I wanted to replace it myself... I went back and couldnt figure out how to get it to stick in the frame...

went back to acme... asked them to install it...

they never did..

went back and asked them to install it...

they never did....

went back and asked for the owner to talk to me.. they got all freaked out about that and never got him to come out to the office saying they would take care of it.. (the two ladies who work the front)..

they never did...

went back and asked for Mitchells (the owner) email address... they freaked out again and swore they would take care of it..

they never did...

went back and demanded that I talk to the commercial guy.... he came out and said he had been over there... the ladies freaked out and said they never saw a work order.. Asked them to either find it or make a new one...

they never did...

there have been more encounters but you get the gist...

for over a year I've tried to get them to do something that is very simple if you have access to the bits to replace it... I do not... they do.. since they installed it in the first place, I would think they could replace it or replace all of it to match... I dont care if it doesnt match... I dont care if it doesnt match the other door.. I dont care.. I just want it replaced...

I've called A+ and they wanted about $200 BEFORE they even went over there...

I called Navasota glass and they said it would be MONTHS before they were free...

so... blah... ACME SUCKS..
Visor
AG
Anyone have Anderson windows and were installed in cstat? Who did you use if so?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.