Dinner Ideas

4,961 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ElephantRider
OldArmyAggie94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on a dinner during the weekday. Wearing g Shorts and a collared shirt. Can I get some suggestions in Bryan or College Station. TIA.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Just a few off the top of my head...

Urban Table
Casa do Brasil
Gate 12
Napa Flats
Amico Nave
1860 Italia
Broncos
Republic
Christopher's
1860 Italia
Ronin
Casa do Brasil
Napa Flats
Twin Peaks
Wings N More
Texas Roadhouse
Razoo's
Tad's
Walk-ons
Gringos
World of Beer
Dixie Chicken
Smitty K's
Paola's
Burger Mojo
Proudest Monkey
Chili's
Jimmy Johns
Jersey Mikes
Grub
Blu Fin Sushi
40 Tempura
Porters
Cafe Capri
Mad Taco
Koppe Bridge
Bavarian Brauhaus
Shipwreck
Cookshack
Primrose Path
Urban Table
Gate 12
Campfire
3rd on Main
Velvet Taco
Moe's
Harvey Washbangers
NAM Cafe
Hooters
Imperial Chinese
Rudy's
BJ's
Willie's Icehouse
Amico Nave
Cilantro
Paolo's
Juanita's
HopDoddy
Sweet Paris
Canteen Bar and Grill
Masfajitas
Fish Daddy's
Torchy's
Fuzzy's
Cooper's BBQ
RX Pizza
Los Cucos
Big Shots
Outback Steakhouse
Imperial Chinese
Atami
On the Border
Lupe Tortilla
Chuy's
Chick-Fil-A
Cotton Patch Cafe
Wings N More (the other location)
Newks
Olive Garden
Raising Canes
The Tap
Carney's
Blaze Pizza
MOD Pizza
Azure Sushi
Saltgrass Steakhouse
Tilted Pint
Angry Elephant
SoFly Chicken

Every restaurant on this list accommodates your attire for the evening.
Costa and Andreas
Don't forget SoFly Chicken Sandwiches on that list!
Broncos
I've added it to the expansive list.
woodiewood1
You really need to be a little more specific on what you are looking for. Every restaurant that is open when you want to eat dinner would meet your criteria.
TyHolden
AG
kettle or arby's
EliteElectric
OldArmyAggie94 said:

Wearing g Shorts and a collared shirt.
That gets you in to 99.999999999999% of all eateries in America.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
EliteElectric said:

OldArmyAggie94 said:

I interpreted that as "what's a nicer place I can go to dinner wearing this". And I imagined khaki shorts and a golf shirt.

I think that would get you anywhere in town with the exception of Christopher's/Republic/Porter's etc.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

EliteElectric said:

OldArmyAggie94 said:

I interpreted that as "what's a nicer place I can go to dinner wearing this". And I imagined khaki shorts and a golf shirt.

I think that would get you anywhere in town with the exception of Christopher's/Republic/Porter's etc.

Maybe I just don't give a damn, but I'll go to Christopher's wearing shorts.
FlyRod
I suspect the OP is simply asking for a "nice but casual" place, and we have a subset of obvious ones:

Public and Main, Amico Nave (my personal fave), Napa Flats, Urban Table. Nice atmosphere, good food and drink, reasonably priced.
FlyRod
Esteban du Plantier said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

EliteElectric said:

OldArmyAggie94 said:

The Oracle from Yelp wrote a thesis length bad review of Christopher's because he was asked to leave for being under-dressed (specifically, shorts).
MiMi
S
Quote:

Public and Main
Didn't this restaurant close earlier this year ?
Broncos
Esteban du Plantier said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

EliteElectric said:

OldArmyAggie94 said:

I regularly eat at all three of those places wearing a polo and shorts.
trouble
AG
You can easily sit in the bar area of the republic in shorts
trouble
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Public and Main
Didn't this restaurant close earlier this year ?

Yes
EliteElectric
I've eaten everwhere in this town in shorts, usually wearing flips and a tee shirt to complete the ensenble. I haver never had a problem, but in fairness I don't take eating out that serious.
ElephantRider
AG
Definitely the Bryan Kettle.
KidDoc
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

EliteElectric said:

OldArmyAggie94 said:

I fully intend to go to the Republic for my 50th birthday Sunday in shorts and a polo. I am confident they will accept my money.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
Dang. You're old.
Tailgate88
AG
trouble said:

Dang. You're old.
trouble
AG
Don't tell him but I'm not far behind him.
TyHolden
AG
Breakfast...the Kettle

The Brazos Kid
TyHolden said:

Breakfast...the Kettle

They're not necessarily wrong. Relatively inexpensive. You know what you're getting.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The Kettle??? Really?
I complete disagree.
KidDoc
AG
I did get to Republic today as they are apparently closed on Sunday. They served me despite my shorts and van shoes! It was spectacular.

It seemed oddly affordable, maybe that is a weird side effect of inflation. ($200 for four adults with drinks)

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
histag10
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

EliteElectric said:

OldArmyAggie94 said:

I've been to Republic in athletic shorts and a t-shirt (I'm a female), and Christopher's in Jean shorts and a t shirt. No one has ever cared as long as the payment clears.
histag10
AG
I'd like to know how you got out of there for that price. We always seem to be $150-250 for 2 adults. Though we usually get meat and then have to order sides, as well as drinks and dessert.
Broncos
You got out of there cheap for 4 people!
Bullpen Chias
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

I'm 0 for 3 with my Sofly experience. Thought I'd let you know privately, but you don't have the ability to PM (may be worth the small investment)

First attempt: directions on Google led me to Bryan. I had called before driving to place an order since online ordering wasn't working. I was told no phone or online orders, but to come on over. Person on phone didn't indicate that directions on Google would take me far away from the actual restaurant, even though I discovered later folks knew the Google maps directions don't work for Sofly. Eventually made it there. Believe I got someone else's order. Luckily it was enough food for our family, but wrong order altogether.

Second attempt:
Forgot French fries and sauce lids came undone so there was sauce everywhere.

Third attempt:
Just now. "Equipment issues". Restaurant closed.

I'm sure it's hard being a restaurant owner, but man. It seems like it shouldn't be this hard to be a customer. I'll likely try again, but with so many options in town, it's just hard to go back with such low reliability.
DimeBox17
AG
I need someone to put all of those restaurants in a random name generator so I can pull it out when my girlfriend says "you pick".
Hornbeck
Was there for lunch today about 12:30. I guess they solved the equipment issues.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Good to hear. I was there at 11:15.
Hornbeck
DimeBox17 said:

I need someone to put all of those restaurants in a random name generator so I can pull it out when my girlfriend says "you pick".

There's a website for that…
https://wheelof.com/lunch/?zip=77845&query=lunch&radius=10
Costa and Andreas
Bullpen Chias said:

Costa and Andreas said:

I'm 0 for 3 with my Sofly experience. Thought I'd let you know privately, but you don't have the ability to PM (may be worth the small investment)

First attempt: directions on Google led me to Bryan. I had called before driving to place an order since online ordering wasn't working. I was told no phone or online orders, but to come on over. Person on phone didn't indicate that directions on Google would take me far away from the actual restaurant, even though I discovered later folks knew the Google maps directions don't work for Sofly. Eventually made it there. Believe I got someone else's order. Luckily it was enough food for our family, but wrong order altogether.

Second attempt:
Forgot French fries and sauce lids came undone so there was sauce everywhere.

Third attempt:
Just now. "Equipment issues". Restaurant closed.

I'm sure it's hard being a restaurant owner, but man. It seems like it shouldn't be this hard to be a customer. I'll likely try again, but with so many options in town, it's just hard to go back with such low reliability.

Wow sincerely sorry to hear it's been so challenging. Thank you for your biz and continuing to try us out.

The Google thing must've been when we first opened and it wasn't recognizing the new location yet. It's correct now. I suppose just one of those things during transition.

The food/fries etc along with sauce is unfortunate. I hate to hear that. Hopefully I can get the chance to meet you sometime and make amends. Would love to buy you and your family lunch or dinner.

The equipment failure this am was natural gas related and random. We absolutely couldn't help that. We acted on it as soon as possible. Every minute we were closed we were losing money, so we certainly didn't want it to happen. Of course at the same time Burger Mojo on university was blocked off due to a city water line burst. Some of you many have noticed university down to two lanes all day while the city tore up the area in front of mojo. These things happen.

Thank you again for your feedback. For anything in the future or to redeem my offer, my email is costa@eccellgroup.com
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.