Dinner Ideas

5,034 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ElephantRider
Bullpen Chias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Appreciate the thoughtful follow-up and the challenges of getting a restaurant launched. Will definitely try again!
Costa and Andreas
Bullpen Chias said:

Appreciate the thoughtful follow-up and the challenges of getting a restaurant launched. Will definitely try again!

I'm very glad to hear that. It's important to me and I'm thankful for the patrons out there that are forgiving and reasonable like yourself.
PS3D
Bullpen Chias said:

Costa and Andreas said:

Don't forget SoFly Chicken Sandwiches on that list!

I'm 0 for 3 with my Sofly experience. Thought I'd let you know privately, but you don't have the ability to PM (may be worth the small investment)

First attempt: directions on Google led me to Bryan. I had called before driving to place an order since online ordering wasn't working. I was told no phone or online orders, but to come on over. Person on phone didn't indicate that directions on Google would take me far away from the actual restaurant, even though I discovered later folks knew the Google maps directions don't work for Sofly. Eventually made it there. Believe I got someone else's order. Luckily it was enough food for our family, but wrong order altogether.

Second attempt:
Forgot French fries and sauce lids came undone so there was sauce everywhere.

Third attempt:
Just now. "Equipment issues". Restaurant closed.

I'm sure it's hard being a restaurant owner, but man. It seems like it shouldn't be this hard to be a customer. I'll likely try again, but with so many options in town, it's just hard to go back with such low reliability.

Google not knowing the directions and you being too ignorant to remember that it's where Boomtown BBQ was isn't a strike against the restaurant.
trouble
AG
I couldn't have told you where boomtown was
maroon barchetta
It got discussed here a lot for a while. Pros and cons of the locations. Pros and cons of the food. I think KBTX did a piece on them.
Bullpen Chias
AG
I honestly thought SoFly was connected to Cafe Eccel because there is a sign that says SoFly on the building. So, when I put in for directions and it had me headed towards Bryan, I didn't question them.
trouble
AG
We don't all pay attention to restaurants we don't plan to try.
trouble
AG
That's where they used to be so you weren't wrong.
maroon barchetta
trouble said:

That's where they used to be so you weren't wrong.

Looks like you paid attention.
trouble
AG
I drive past the old location on a regular basis
AggiePhil
AG
Sadly, my favorite Eccell Group concepts are all gone. Cafe Eccell, La Bodega, and Eccell Steakhouse.
ElephantRider
AG
I miss La Bodega. Perfect spot to grab some food before a night out on Northgate
A Net Full of Jello
AG
My husband and I were just talking about how we missed La Bodega. That weird Backyard thing is not an acceptable Northgate replacement.
histag10
AG
I even miss Bodega Express, because I could at least get my favorites to go.
halibut sinclair
I miss the original Cafe Eccell in Northgate (was never the same after the move) , LaTaqueria and the Flying Tomato.
histag10
AG
I miss Fitzwillys (which was where the Backyard is now, right?)
A Net Full of Jello
AG
It is and I miss it too. Their fries were fantastic!
ElephantRider
AG
histag10 said:

I miss Fitzwillys (which was where the Backyard is now, right?)

Yes. I've never gone to the backyard out of principle. Fitzwilly's was the best
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.