knee problems + treatment options b/cs

1,153 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TRIPLE 7
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody know of a doc who will address knee problems without jumping immediately to knee replacement surgery? Was working quite well with gel injections, predisone with a d. o. that is no longer in practice. Appreciate all suggestions.
UmustBKidding
I wonder who that could be. My wife had same issue, still not sure where we will end up. She ended up there because of an office issue with Jeff Spaw who she liked and had good results from by they could never deal with our insurance that no one else had an issue with. He has his own practice now, so may be resolved. Know some have issues with him but we never had one.
Other family members has used Mark Riley and Joe Iero at CHI orthopedics without issue.
I am not sure anyone wants to jump to knee replacement these days. If things like Synvisc actually help don't resort to hardware.

dubi
AG
sunflower said:

Anybody know of a doc who will address knee problems without jumping immediately to knee replacement surgery? Was working quite well with gel injections, predisone with a d. o. that is no longer in practice. Appreciate all suggestions.
A recent study showed those injections were ineffective and i think most insurance companies are not covering them anymore.

I've had good luck with Airrosti.

https://www.airrosti.com/provider/troy-barnes-dc/
maroon barchetta
We can rebuild those knees

We have the technology

*cue the Six Million Dollar Man theme music*

My mom had both of her knees replaced and regrets not having it done sooner.
philothea
Injections work great for me except I know when they are wearing off. Has kept me having to have a knee replacement yet.

After my D.O. is not longer in practice I have gone to Dr. Garcia at Central Texas Sports Medicine and he did my last injection a few months ago. I can't take predisone so that isn't part of my treatment plan.
UmustBKidding
Treatment for my wife's back issues have actually improved her knee pain significantly. Her friend from Canada visited and said she was told she was ineligible for knee replacement, she was to young. She was close to 60. They explained that since at the time knee replacements only lasted 15 years and there was a chance she would live long enough to require it to be replaced, so no Dice. Maybe single payer health care is not the solution for knee pain at least.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
It seems like they always push therapy, then other methods well before surgery. It takes quite a bit of justification for surgery, least of which is getting insurance to approve it.
Stupe
S
Whoever is doing it at Central Texas.
TRIPLE 7
AG
P R P... Look it up! Dr King Baylor Scott & White BCS

You're Welcome!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.