Strangest directional/service highway signs in town?

4,005 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MedianEnjoyer2023
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My two choices are:
  • Coming into town on E21, right as you exit onto Hwy 47 a directional sign says "Kyle Field Next Right."
  • Traveling south on the bypass, there's a service sign for Urban Table at the Barron Rd exit.
studioone
speaking of strange...

Dont even get me started on the new circles on Woodville... I see people drive directly over the circle all the time.. and at least once a week someone coming in from the right ,....
doubledog
studioone said:

speaking of strange...

Dont even get me started on the new circles on Woodville... I see people drive directly over the circle all the time.. and at least once a week someone coming in from the right ,....
That is just a Texas round-a-about, counter clockwise or plow over.
mason12
AG
Txmoe said:

My two choices are:
  • Coming into town on E21, right as you exit onto Hwy 47 a directional sign says "Kyle Field Next Right."
  • Traveling south on the bypass, there's a service sign for Urban Table at the Barron Rd exit.

What other route should people take to get to Kyle Field?

For Urban Table Barron Road is the direct route? What other way would you send them? Fitch only to have to turn onto Barron to get in.
techno-ag
AG
I always get a chuckle from the "Westward Ho" sign when driving in from Houston.
The Anchor
AG
His point is likely that neither destination is relatively close to the signs.
91_Aggie
AG
As a tourist I'd probably be upset exiting on Barron and then having to drive 2 miles for the restaurant listed in the exit sign.

But the one I'd be most angry about is the Napa Flats sign at the Texas ave/Deacon exit.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
There's a quail hunting place near Dime Box on 21. They have a government blue sign identifying that private business. I always found that odd.

Also the sign for Urban Table on 6. Weird.
Txmoe
AG
mason12 said:

Txmoe said:

My two choices are:

What other route should people take to get to Kyle Field?

For Urban Table Barron Road is the direct route? What other way would you send them? Fitch only to have to turn onto Barron to get in.
It's a fair point about Urban Table but as others have pointed out, there's some distance between the sign and restaurant. Plus, I just think of Urban Table being more on WDF than Barron.

While the Kyle Field sign gets you pointed in the right direction it doesn't actually take you to Kyle Field.
Hornbeck
CM Trump Voter said:

There's a quail hunting place near Dime Box on 21. They have a government blue sign identifying that private business. I always found that odd.

Also the sign for Urban Table on 6. Weird.

The guy owning the quail hunting place may run the county road and bridge crew?
BCS-Ag
Assuming it's still there, I think the stop sign in the pedestrian only section of college main in Northgate is pretty funny.
LOYAL AG
AG
My all time favorite road sign is the "Loose Gravel" sign. Is there any other kind?

I also enjoy the "Guardrail Damage Ahead" sign. No idea what I'm supposed to do with that information.
91_Aggie
AG
LOYAL AG said:

I also enjoy the "Guardrail Damage Ahead" sign. No idea what I'm supposed to do with that information.

Pay attention and drive defensively because if you have a wreck that causes you to hit the guardrail it likely won't keep you from going through it
LOYAL AG
AG
91_Aggie said:

LOYAL AG said:

Pay attention and drive defensively because if you have a wreck that causes you to hit the guardrail it likely won't keep you from going through it
OK but I thought we were supposed to drive that way all the time.
HortAg09
AG
The one that always gets me is on southbound 6 as you are crossing over 2818 there's a food sign that has Chili's on it.
yawny06
AG
A long time ago…

Headed out of College Station on Highway 60 going to Snook, there was a sign near 2818 that said "Snook 10".

Then, about a quarter mile or so down the road going towards Snook, there was a sign that said "Snook 11".

techno-ag
AG
Kinda snook up on you.
LOYAL AG
AG
yawny06 said:

A long time ago…

Headed out of College Station on Highway 60 going to Snook, there was a sign near 2818 that said "Snook 10".

Then, about a quarter mile or so down the road going towards Snook, there was a sign that said "Snook 11".

I think if you drive north of 6 you get back to back signs a mile apart telling you Waco is 28 miles away. I always felt like that should be on the way to Lubbock since it takes forever to get there.
zachsccr
AG
North bound 6 before you go under University. The first blue informational sign lists "Target" under restaurants at Briarcrest.

Maybe more people crave their popcorn than I realize, but never in my life has Target been my "what do I want for dinner tonight?" answer… To make it better, there's a second sign with more restaurants. Target made the starting lineup!
wareagle044
They put turn around dont drown signs up on Old Reliance this past month or so.....that's kind of weird considering its never going to rain again......but i also just thought it was weird because it doesn't look to be in a flood area...but i'm no engineer.
tripperwill
AG
The restaurant or business signs are there at exits because the business pays txdot to be on the sign. Nothing more than a billboard.
woodiewood1
techno-ag said:

I always get a chuckle from the "Westward Ho" sign when driving in from Houston.
Every time we go by there I tell my wife, "during westward expansion, that where all the ...hores got tired of the travel decided to stop."

woodiewood1
I know that A&M has land and facilities in Bryan, but I get amuses when I see Bryan's Downtown Aggieland signs.

doubledog
woodiewood1 said:

I know that A&M has land and facilities in Bryan, but I get amuses when I see Bryan's Downtown Aggieland signs.

If I remember my history, in the 30s Bryan officials wanted personal payoffs for "aggieland" to incorporate into Bryan... What has changed?
jello123
I thought this one near Tunis was amusing: https://ibb.co/9wzkQYR
Michael Cera Palin
AG
My favorite is going northbound on 2818 when you cross from College Station into Bryan. When the University rebranded as being located in Bryan-College Station they put in a sign on the Bryan side that now says "ENTERING AGGIELAND". As a Bryan resident it makes me laugh every time.
GSS
Eastbound from Wellborn, on Old College Rd, at the roundabout the city of Bryan put "Yield" signs on both sides of the entry to the intersection.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
taxpreparer
AG
Post Oak Mall has multiple intersections where there are yield signs to cross traffic that has stop signs. Why do you yield to a stop?
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
MedianEnjoyer2023
AG
taxpreparer said:

Post Oak Mall has multiple intersections where there are yield signs to cross traffic that has stop signs. Why do you yield to a stop?
This one is by far the worst. Driving around that mall parking lot makes me angry.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.