Boy Scout Troops in BCS

978 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BCS-Ag
MyNameIsJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was very active in Boy Scouts growing up. Philmont, National Jamboree, Eagle Scout, etc. I'm wanting to get involved with a local troop to give back a little and hopefully be a good influence on some young men that need it. It will be a few years until my son is old enough to get involved.

It looks like there are several troops in the area. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with any of them? Or I may just bounce around and try them all out.
UmustBKidding
My kids were in 1222 but had lots of their friends in 60, 102 & 1861. Round table is second Thursday might be a good place to talk to several at one session or webelos woods will have most units represented. There typically is a need for adults to hold district positions and serve as merit badge counselors.

http://arrowmoon.shac.org/activities
EVA3
AG
My son is in Pack 60, which is affiliated with Troop 60. I helped this year and it was our first year in Scouts. We had a good experience and would love to have you.
maroon barchetta
Son was in Pack and Troop 60 from Webelos thru Eagle. Had a great time. Learned a lot. Was challenged. Grew because of it.

Leadership has turned over a time or two since my son aged out but I know the troop went to Summit Bechtel Reserve this summer.

Get one that goes backpacking a LOT. Much better experience!
Tailgate88
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Son was in Pack and Troop 60 from Webelos thru Eagle. Had a great time. Learned a lot. Was challenged. Grew because of it.

Leadership has turned over a time or two since my son aged out but I know the troop went to Summit Bechtel Reserve this summer.

Get one that goes backpacking a LOT. Much better experience!

Same here. I was also an ASM with 60. The current leadership continues to do a great job. Agree with UMBK that they likely could use help at the district level.
birdman
Very happy with Troop 1861.
BCS-Ag
Been involved in scouting locally for years, it's a great area with a mix of rural and urban benefits. I'll second the suggestion that you come to round table, but you can also send a message on the district Facebook page that will help you get plugged in. You will have multiple opportunities to serve and I'm sure we'll find something rewarding that fits your interests. Thank you in advance!

https://m.facebook.com/ArrowmoonBSA/?ref=bookmarks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.