Brush Fire on Old Reliance

4,148 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FamousAgg
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's up with that? Anyone got the scoop? Next to Rudder high
FamousAgg
Good sized one off old reliance, small one off Wallis and another small one off MLK. Bryan, and 2 VFDs on scene
Rapier108
So many yesterday afternoon/evening they thought someone was driving around setting them.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
wareagle044
BattleGrackle said:

Good sized one off old reliance, small one off Wallis and another small one off MLK. Bryan, and 2 VFDs on scene

After I posted this I got the scoop quickly as the Wallis fire was basically in our backyard
FamousAgg
I knew we had someone from the board in that neighborhood
TLIAC
AG
Rapier108 said:

So many yesterday afternoon/evening they thought someone was driving around setting them.
Per my firefighter husband, more likely a vehicle or trailer going down the road with a chain or something similar dragging, creating sparks and causing the fires. It doesn't take much with everything being so dry.
Vinewood_03
People flicking their heaters out the window.
wareagle044
BattleGrackle said:

I knew we had someone from the board in that neighborhood

Don't TP my house

Well, unless Auburn wins something, then I'll come help.
FamousAgg
Another fire in the area as of now…
techno-ag
AG
Praying for rain.
histag10
AG
At least 4 today so far in the area.
wareagle044
histag10 said:

At least 4 today so far in the area.

We called 911 on the one in front of Siena next to the old church that looks like a trap house. we happened to be the first to catch it as we headed to 6

I stopped to make sure the residents in there knew and we let the daycare right there know just in case bc the wind was a little heavier today than yesterday.

The dispatch said they had just
Finished one at Austins Colony (maybe a flare up from yesterday?)
It's going to be a busy weekend for fire crews when people aren't smart with fireworks this weekend

TChaney
Bryan man accused of using fireworks to start several grass fires

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/07/13/bryan-man-accused-using-fireworks-start-several-grass-fires/

trouble
AG
Wish they would have named his business. It's easily googled but I don't want to post it so staff doesn't pop my hand again.
happyinBCS
that guy needs help, did you read the part he likes to throw stuff on the ground and destroy things maybe you should post the business to warn others
trouble
AG
His name is in the article and his business was the second thing that popped up in the Google search.
happyinBCS
found it WOW
histag10
AG
Was the first result in my Google search if you put "bryan tx" after his name. His company's website says they have been in business since the 80s, and that he is a disabled vet (I have never heard of this business, which is odd given the industry).
trouble
AG
Same. Even last week when I was looking for someone to fix my AC
FamousAgg
Call for AC work, get an insurance claim…
Tailgate88
AG
Quote:

A motive isn't clear but the reports said <redacted> told investigators that he "buys anything that can be thrown on the ground and destroy stuff."
Ok then.
Stupe
S
You just quoted EXACTLY what I said at my desk.
mr83tr88
AG
Is he still employed with the school district?
maroon barchetta

woodiewood1
TChaney said:

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/07/13/bryan-man-accused-using-fireworks-start-several-grass-fires/

It Happens.. Years ago, when I was with the forest service we had a lot of fires down around Woodville, Texas, more than what would be expected. After a few dozen they determined that it was a forest service employee setting them. He admitted it and said he did it the get all the overtime hours.

Crazy people out there.
maroon barchetta
woodiewood1 said:

TChaney said:

It Happens.. Years ago, when I was with the forest service we had a lot of fires down around Woodville, Texas, more than what would be expected. After a few dozen they determined that it was a forest service employee setting them. He admitted it and said he did it the get all the overtime hours.

Crazy people out there.

Username checks out.
wareagle044
Personal residence is in a neighborhood off Old Reliance Road. Suffice to say, even if they can't connect him to the fires in that area officially.... he was probably responsible for all the fires there as well to include the one that initiated this OP.

USMC veteran -- do not know deployment history -- but maybe the heat wave took him back to Iraq and he felt he needed to see things burn.....people are weird - hope he gets some much needed help after paying his dues for this and glad more damage was not done.

the day this article released, I had just mentioned to my wife how weird it was that we had all those fires (because we drive past the residue of them every day) and nothing since with worsened conditions....
Rapier108
A couple of days before his little arson spree, there was a outbreak of fires around I&Gn Road and South Dowling. The fire department asked the Sheriff's office to start patrolling the area because they were convinced someone was deliberately setting them.

I'd say good chance it was him, but they might not have any way to prove it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BQ_90
AG
Another grass fire east north east of town. Or from my office on briarcrest. It's east. Anyone notice or have details
Law361
AG
I just got an amber alert type of notification about it telling residents to evacuate the area immediately.
Rapier108
Same here, and I'm no where near that area.
FamousAgg
It's reportedly contained at this time
Smeghead4761
Where there this many grass fires the last time we had heat like this? (2011, I think it was.)
Vanidicus
We live out there & were told to leave & cannot find any info about this. Where did you hear it was contained?
trouble
AG
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0vTnmbgsk8uqSd4a6NSwfruuoskz2HxNc1YzC9iTM8MD7Eeyt8VJfAHT2NGxNBh7kl&id=100044219749955
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.