Block Ice in CS?

1,757 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by woodiewood1
555-PINF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone sell whole blocks of ice, anymore? Our pool water is starting to hit the low 90s, so I'd love to find some full ice blocks to put in it. We always did it as kids and it was a lot of fun trying to climb on them, hold them underwater, etc.
AggieAces06
AG
Freeze some milk jugs and then cut the plastic off.
555-PINF
I found Penguin Ice in Bryan. Looks like they have it at their main place across from Tejas Center. They do blocks from 10lbs to 250lbs!
Jetty
AG
Penguin ice for the win!! Good people!
histag10
AG
555-PINF said:

I found Penguin Ice in Bryan. Looks like they have it at their main place across from Tejas Center. They do blocks from 10lbs to 250lbs!

Thank you! Ours was at 92 at 6 this evening. I'd love to grab a few blocks to cool it off lol
rptsAg03
If you have an in ground pool, you can also try pool fountains off of Amazon. They work wonders! Run them overnight via return jets - ours keep our pool around 86 degrees. They cost around 20 bucks. Edited to add, if you go this route, make sure to purchase an inlet fitting removal tool, you'll save yourself a head scratching half hour or so!
agnerd
AG
Fun to play with, but not great at actually cooling the water. Takes 875 pounds of ice to cool a 20,000 gallon pool 1 degree, and it probably won't last more than a day.
Hornbeck
I run my fan sprays between 3am and 9am, keeps the pool in the high 80s.

Another alternative would be a chiller, they cost about $2500, and can drop pool temps 10 to 15
woodiewood1
agnerd said:

Fun to play with, but not great at actually cooling the water. Takes 875 pounds of ice to cool a 20,000 gallon pool 1 degree, and it probably won't last more than a day.
If you had a 100 pound block of ice, I wonder how it would reduce the water temperature immediately within two or three feet around the block of ice?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.