Recommendation for A/V work….

1,151 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BrazosWifi
gibby03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So long story short I need to replace existing HDMI cable to the new HDMI 2 cable. Probably 30-40 feet. Existing cabling is there but it runs up through my fireplace into the attic and down to the media cabinet.

I would like to think I could attach the new cable to the end plugged into my TV and just snake that out while running the new cable. HOWEVER, I'm guessing that will somehow turn into something way more problematic.

So, I called Audio/Video and they are quoting me like 600 because their labor is 220 an hour. That's fine, not complaint about them but that's a 600+ bill for something that seems so simple.

Any recommendations here locally? Someone want to come help me or have an option? Just curious to what's out there.
rrose
AG
I run low voltage cable for a living. Have some AV experience in houses. Climbing into one's attic this time of year can be dangerous with the heat unless you have foam insulation in the attic. My contact is rprose1988@gmail.com or phone is 254-seven four four - 1082. Thanks
EliteElectric
Yepcom
Quicktech
UmustBKidding
I would look at doing a few Cat 6/7 cables and using HDBase-T extender. This would give you network, remote and HDMI between areas in a future proof may. Need 8K likely just swap the boxes and no cable changes. Also the Cat cable would be far easier to pull and far less fragile.
AgSportsFan
AG
QuickTech AV
Kermit
(979) 571-5131
EvenPar
AG
Boss Visuals
QuickTech AV
808 Technology
BrazosWifi
AgSportsFan said:

QuickTech AV
Kermit
(979) 571-5131

Kermit has an amazing attitude and attention to detail.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.