Looking for rental house

2,883 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by momtaxi
chemAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy! My fiance and I recently moved back to CS last December. We got an apartment but will be leaving it in December. Was wondering if any Ags on here had a house for rent here in CS! I'm class of 14 and am a microbiologist for Fujifilm. would love to rent from an Ag here in CS.

Thanks in advance!
leighann
AG
Hi, we have a 3/2 that we're preparing to list. $1850/month, 16535 Riva Ridge. Available for immediate move in,
I just put a sign in the front; feel free to contact me at that number if interested.
chemAg14
AG
leighann said:

Hi, we have a 3/2 that we're preparing to list. $1850/month, 16535 Riva Ridge. Available for immediate move in,
I just put a sign in the front; feel free to contact me at that number if interested.

Thanks! We will contact
Captn_Ag05
AG
Love seeing all these people moving back to Aggieland!
ezmoney
AG
Saw their doing a lot of hiring out there.
leighann
AG
We still live in Houston, but hope to move back as soon as the work situation allows.
fishngame06
AG
My wife and I have new townhome in downtown Bryan that we might be willing to rent on longer term (we currently Airbnb it). It is smaller but walkable to everything in downtown Bryan. Let me know if that would be of interest.
chemAg14
AG
fishngame06 said:

My wife and I have new townhome in downtown Bryan that we might be willing to rent on longer term (we currently Airbnb it). It is smaller but walkable to everything in downtown Bryan. Let me know if that would be of interest.

We would be interested!
fishngame06
AG
Ok great, you can text me at three 6 one 81 five nine 0 four two or email me at curt dot haveman at gmail dot com
Daytona22
AG
We will have a fully furnished house available for rent starting in December that is available until August 2023. It's a 4/3 that's a new build in Bryan.
chemAg14
AG
Daytona22 said:

We will have a fully furnished house available for rent starting in December that is available until August 2023. It's a 4/3 that's a new build in Bryan.

So sorry to have missed this for so long. Would love to chat about this. Is it possibly still available?
momtaxi
Wow rent around here are ridiculous! No wonder we can't get any single families to live in the area. They can't afford it unless you have multiple jobs!
CS78
momtaxi said:

Wow rent around here are ridiculous! No wonder we can't get any single families to live in the area. They can't afford it unless you have multiple jobs!

Rents actually have come nowhere close to keeping up with sales prices, property taxes, insurance, maintenance, etc. Welcome to inflation.
Daytona22
AG
Yeah it's still available. Give me a shout at seven won 3 eight one nine zero 321
aggie028
AG
Are there any higher end rentals around with 3,000+ square feet?
histag10
AG
How much would you suggest rent prices for nice SF homes be? Most people say to charge 1-2% of the homes value in rent. By that rule, I'd say most places are undercharging here. Property values here are high, and landlords have to pay taxes, insurance, etc on those homes as well.

Edit- yeah- looked up the assessed value of the ne home posted on here with address and rent price. They are charging under 1% of assessed value
Daytona22
AG
Our house is just under 3,000 sq ft and we are planning on renting it out during non football season. Not real sure of the rental market for it yet.
Jinx
Pretty much.

We were looking to finally get out of renting, had a nice sized fund for downpayment etc but things quickly began skyrocketing beyond our reach. Decided it would be better to hunker down until we can get back to the goal posts.

Great deal in our rental right now, I'm just assuming it hasnt been raised due to good history and reliable rent payments though I dont know for sure. I'm not dumb enough to bring up how undermarket we are, rent-wise. Still hard not be a little bit bitter, though.
momtaxi
Good luck to you. We tried to do the buying option a few years ago and it fell through at the last minute and kinda put a bad taste in our mouths. Luckily we found a person that didn't try to gouge someone on rent for a house.
We have a friend that's been living in the area her whole life, she is priced out of renting anything around here unless its in the ghettos of Bryan. It's sad really,Single person that works 50-60 hrs a week can't find a place to rent because people want a ridiculous amount of rent for the smallest of places
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.