A/C Service-maintenance recommendation

1,866 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Horn_in_Aggieland
Lola68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking for a recommendation for an AC service and maintenance company. It's residential and in College Station. Thanks in advance.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Dailey services mine. I like them.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I used Barker's and was pretty disappointed with them not discovering the tons of mold throughout my system. The guys they sent out just didn't seem very knowledgeable.

We've been using RM Mullinix since and have been pleased.
halibut sinclair
Superior Air Repair has been great for us.
meezermom
I'll be the first of many -- Marco with Aire Cool. You'll never need anyone else to come out.
75AG
AG
We switched to ABC. Have been happy.
jemma4116
I quit using Barker about 10 years ago. I haven't looked back. Marcos seems to have a good name around here.
maroon barchetta
MyNameIsJeff said:

I used Barker's and was pretty disappointed with them not discovering the tons of mold throughout my system. The guys they sent out just didn't seem very knowledgeable.

We've been using RM Mullinix since and have been pleased.

What did they do about the mold? Was it on your coils or in your ducts?
Lola68
Thank you for the suggestions. I really appreciate it.
FlyRod
Another vote for ABC.
lockett93
AG
F5 Air. Jordan Faltysek 9795715678

https://f5airconditioning.com/
Stupe
S
I use Barker's and have never had a problem. They stopped selling Lennox and have gone to Trane.
UmustBKidding
Ya think think that happened when they got bought out and ate climate dr. Pretty sure the most of the bigger companies in ac locally are not held by out. Of town/state entities
Stupe
S
What?
Aggie_95
AG
meezermom said:

I'll be the first of many -- Marco with Aire Cool. You'll never need anyone else to come out.
Ditto
UmustBKidding
Mulinex, barkers/climate dr and malek i believe are no longer owned and there may be more
Stupe
S
How can a business not be owned? I'm not trying to be rude, but you aren't making any sense.
UmustBKidding
Locally owned. Lots of mid sized ac companies being acquired buy big holding companies and still operated under their original name. Mulinex for instance is airpro. Was told by one tech they were bought by someone Houston company and another by a group that operates in 5.se us states headquartered in Louisiana.
JP76
Climate dr and Barkers are owned by same company who also owns around 50-60 other ones from what I was told.
wareagle044
Brigman AC and Heating

(979) 446-1603

Barker's tried to charge me $1000+ in labor to replace coils when all I needed was a capacitor. Brigman found this in less than 15 minutes and replaced it on site.

Horn_in_Aggieland
Marco
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.