Suddenlink Issues Since Friday in South CS?

2,150 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BQ_90
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are having serous internet issues - went off Friday, came back on for a few hours that afternoon and has now been off since Friday. Tech came out today -- we have a new modem, a new wireless mesh system, and he ran a whole new line. Still not getting any service. He said it's a DCHP issue and there are too many homes on our "node" so we cannot connect.

Is anyone else having so much trouble? Our neighbors say theirs went out for about 30 minutes on Friday but it's been fine since then.

I work from home, but I won't have a job for much longer if this keeps up. I called Frontier and they are not in our area. Any suggestion on what I can do?!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Yes on and off for a few days now actually. Not just Fri
Ag_B_10
AG
Thank goodness for Frontier. Dropped suddenly disconnected as soon as Frontier became an option here in Raintree.
meezermom
I can't wait till they get to our neighborhood! I called and apparently we are in the 1% of College Station not covered by Frontier, which really sucks.
UmustBKidding
Where are you at?
aggie-1997
AG
This makes me a little nervous. I am moving into the Castlegate community this week. I ordered Suddenlink because I couldn't find any other options (Frontier only showed a 50 mbps service). I will be working from home and will be very dependent on my internet service. Anyone know of other options in Castlegate?
UmustBKidding
Maybe witestar but probably similar rate to frontier. Frontier will be there at some point
gigem92
AG
I hope this doesn't jinx it, but we live in Castlegate and have had Suddenlink for a little over a year and we have not had any issues so far and my wife works from home. We have the 1 Gig plan.

We had Frontier and the speed and customer service were horrible when both the wife and I were working from home during the pandemic. Not sure what they offer now, but at the time, the max speed Frontier offered was 12 Mbps and we NEVER got anywhere near that. ZOOM meetings were nearly impossible because they would freeze constantly.

MiMi
S
I've lived in Castlegate for 14 years and have Suddenlink internet. I have rarely had issues until this year. Internet will randomly go down, sometimes for a few minutes, oftentimes longer. It happens a couple times a week I work from home and have to use my work mobile phone hot spot when it happens. Recently, we have discovered if you call their automated troubleshooting number, they'll reboot the modem remotely. Now when it goes down, we'll wait 10-15 minutes and then call if it hasn't come back on. Has worked OK so far.
BQ_90
AG
Anyone still having issues I'm in granham Victoria area

It's been off and all all weekend. Last night it went down completely and hasn't come back
MiMi
S
BQ_90 said:

Anyone still having issues I'm in graham Victoria area

It's been off and all all weekend. Last night it went down completely and hasn't come back
It's working OK in Castlegate this morning. Have you tried calling and having them reboot your modem? 877-794-2724.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
We put a call into Suddenlink for a service tech to come out and they scheduled it I think on Friday.

On Saturday though we got an automated call saying "the known issues in our area had been fixed and the service call was being canceled and to call them if we still needed it". It seems to be working ok right now.
Psychag
AG
I bought a new modem and have had no issues.
Scruffy
AG
Does suddenly give a rebate when internet is down?

I ask because here in Nashville I have Google Fiber and anytime there is a disruption in service on their end, be it from contractors cutting lines etc., they will not charge for the time it was down.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Scruffy said:

Does suddenly give a rebate when internet is down?

I ask because here in Nashville I have Google Fiber and anytime there is a disruption in service on their end, be it from contractors cutting lines etc., they will not charge for the time it was down.

They won't even admit there's a problem on there end until months of making you turn the modem off/on again before finally sending a tech who has to send another contractor out to fix it.
BQ_90
AG
Psychag said:

I'm trying that today. Do you still have to call them to activate it?
dubi
AG
BQ_90 said:

Psychag said:

Yes you have to call and give them the mac address and some other key.

Have the box in front of you when you call.
BQ_90
AG
dubi said:

BQ_90 said:

Psychag said:

Yes you have to call and give them the mac address and some other key.

Have the box in front of you when you call.
thanks!
ElephantRider
AG
I was just about to post on this thread yesterday saying that Suddenlink hasn't been that bad recently. Now here I am working from home with no internet
Tariny
They just called me on my work phone trying to get me to upgrade my service... Wonder if they are starting to worry about MetroNet coming to town yet.
meezermom
We ended up having a tech come run and entirely new line to the house (that will now have to be buried in a couple of weeks, so work order in on that) AND buying a new modem.

So far, we are (fingers crossed) continuing to have service without issues -- well, speed test confirms under 100 when we are paying for 400 so there's that.

You do have to call to have your new modem's MAC address registered for it to work. Note: Make sure they read the number back to you at least TWICE. We went for 24 hours with no service because the idiot entered the wrong number (7 instead of 8) and didn't ever read the number back to me once I gave it to her. A call the next day to a customer service rep who actually seemed to give half a damn rectified that problem in 30 minutes.

Keeping all of my fingers crossed that this keeps working ... and we are off Longmire and Graham, no idea when Frontier will run lines out here so we can get their service.
BrazosBull
AG
I will be moving into Pebble Creek next month. Any recommendations on what are the best choices there ?
BQ_90
AG
i ended up with buy new modem; I wouldn't let them off the phone until both internet and wifi was working

it took about an hour total to get that done, but so far so good
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.