Town Hall - Bryan Water Tower - Thursday June 16th

3,533 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by outlaw08
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
outlaw08 said:

The city could then sell the land or do what it was originally zoned for and put in a park.

Careful there. They could sell it and something much worse than a water tower could go in that spot.
outlaw08
AG
I highly doubt it would be taller than a 195' water tower, but I could be wrong.
halibut sinclair
outlaw08 said:

I highly doubt it would be taller than a 195' water tower, but I could be wrong.

I was thinking business or industry that would bring more noise and traffic.
outlaw08
AG
Ok, must of heard wrong, but there is only 1 house over there per the folks who've researched it and own property near it.

It would be on the other side of 2818 than the apartments and more into the land per my understanding and not near the 1 house.

I'm 100% expecting it to still happen where it's proposed, I'm just hoping the city adopts better notification methods moving forward. They legally only had to tell property owner within 200' of the property and inside city limits.

The only folks who owned that at the time of the meeting was the developer who neglected to tell us until the day of or before the city council meeting. We still had 52 letters written in opposition but those went to the committee and didn't make it to the city council meeting itself.

The city wasted no time to put up a sign telling us the water tower was coming, but didn't do the same courtesy to let us know the rezoning was proposed. The folks who live in the county across the street from the proposed spot didn't know about it until those signs went up.

Moving forward they will hopefully adopt that measure to put up signage on the property instead of relying on the postal service. That unfortunately extremely unreliable and irresponsible at this stage in our lives.
outlaw08
AG
It's only zoned for residential, watershed, city park, and now water tower use at this time. But it can always be rezoned again too.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.