Huge police presence and copters overhead

1,931 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Hornbeck
duffelpud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What the heck is going on near the airport on 2818? It is completely shut down and there are three helicopters stationary overhead with lots of emergency vehicles on the road.

"What's this button do?"
quantumleap
From Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/100895909965732/posts/5087897627932177/

PUBLIC NOTICE! TOMORROW! Residents in the Bryan/College Station area will see an increase of helicopters and/or first responders' traffic Wednesday, June 15. Texas A&M Task Force 1 (TX-TF1), Texas Department of Public Safety, and Texas Military Department are participating in a joint, aviation Search and Rescue Exercise (SAREX). This is an EXERCISE ONLY that will simulate a large-area flooding event. Participants are positioned at different locations around Bryan/College Station area and rescued by helicopter search and rescue technicians utilizing various methods. This exercise helps the State of Texas prepare for future large-scale exercises. We appreciate your understanding and support as we train in order to be ready to respond!

Firefighter7
What they said above is correct...and the road was shut down due to an accident at Harvey Mitchell and Raymond Stotzer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
There was a pretty significant accident around 430 on Harvey Mitchell between Bush and 60/University Drive. 18 wheeler involved and lotsa smoke and debris everywhere.
jimmyb
hmm.. Lots of local feeds of both accident advisories and emergency prep plans but TEXAgs is the goto?

I guess somethings never change.

I just came here for the places that will have the Ags on Friday.. That will teach me..
trouble
AG
KBTX, Easterwood, and Texas Task Force 1 all posted about it on social media yesterday and/or today.

The wreck was reported on KBTX.
Hornbeck
Buppy's Helicopter Service.
Geop84
AG
Well now I know why there was a helicopter hovering in our neighborhood most of the afternoon yesterday. We back up to the Brazos.
duffelpud
AG
"What's this button do?"
Hornbeck
Bravo!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.