Human Trafficking in B/CS

3,017 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BluHorseShu
Vinewood_03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not disputing the validity of post of this nature but about every 3 months I'll see a post on social media of someone claiming they were almost the victim of a possible attempted kidnapping. Often times it's in a shopping center parking lot where the alleged kidnappers were stalking them while they were in the store. I never see the news report on events like these, but curious to know if this has happened to anyone else? Cause it's very rare that you hear of a kidnapping actually taking place in B/CS……
trouble
AG
It's mostly urban legend. Next time you see one, ask if they called the police.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I saw one over the weekend that was claimed to have happened at Academy.

Are they true? Doubtful... but they're a great reminder for the women with children to pay attention to their surroundings all the time.
trouble
AG
A better reminder is to monitor your kids phone/computer use.

These young runaways we've seen lately? Those have a much higher risk of trafficking than some dude snatching your little blonde 4 year old at Target
AggieAces06
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

Are they true? Doubtful... but they're a great reminder for the women with children to pay attention to their surroundings all the time.

I saw that… apparently it involved a circle of 10-12 men gathering around them inside the store.

Sorry, find that one hard to believe. With workers and shoppers, no one is saying again to a group of men circling a women and child???
jimmyb
trouble said:

It's mostly urban legend. Next time you see one, ask if they called the police.
dont talk about fight club
trouble
AG
Esp around here. It's absurd
MsDoubleD81
AG
Where was this post. I missed it.
trouble
AG
I saw it on Facebook
MsDoubleD81
AG
Thanks. I found it. Sounds really bizarre to me. Has anyone at Academy confirmed this actually happened?
Alte Schule
AggieAces06 said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

I saw that… apparently it involved a circle of 10-12 men gathering around them inside the store.

Sorry, find that one hard to believe. With workers and shoppers, no one is saying again to a group of men circling a women and child???
10 - 12 people is plausible if you're in the aisle where Academy stocks their ammunition but I call BS on this. You would be an idiot to try this in a store that sells firearms and where several customers are probably armed.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Anyone know someone with kids named Kiley, Avery and Kennedy?!
trouble
AG
I'll ask later when I'm there.

It's so absurd that I highly doubt it happened.

The moms in these stories never get pictures/videos, don't make a scene, don't call police while it's happening.

She was so uncomfortable that she still bought the items she went in for and didn't alert a manager until they were leaving. She didn't call the cops for an hour.

What the hell pillar in front of the college station academy is big enough to hide a woman and a couple kids from a group of 10-20 suspicious looking men?

I'm sure they were still there when the nice officer went by and all he did was watch them get into their "creepy" Sprinter van and write down their plate number.

Literally nothing about these stories makes sense if you break it down and don't let your emotions get worked up while reading.
It's always a cut and paste from a "friend" who isn't identified.
MsDoubleD81
AG
LOL. I'm going to go by there this afternoon and try and get a visual on what she says happened.
Broncos
Some people just really like internet clout.
trouble
AG
Bingo
BluHorseShu
AG
Vinewood_03 said:

Not disputing the validity of post of this nature but about every 3 months I'll see a post on social media of someone claiming they were almost the victim of a possible attempted kidnapping. Often times it's in a shopping center parking lot where the alleged kidnappers were stalking them while they were in the store. I never see the news report on events like these, but curious to know if this has happened to anyone else? Cause it's very rare that you hear of a kidnapping actually taking place in B/CS……
I saw the FB post making the rounds about Academy incident (alleged). I told my wife I was a little skeptical and of course I got the "no, this is someone who knows a friend of a friend who said it really happened". These things get posted for clout or to perpetuate political fears. Bottom line is, keep your eyes on your kids and your head on a swivel. Also, if it was a true incident, it was a horribly planned attempt. Academy is the last place you should try to abduct. Everyone in there is either strapped or has a gun in their car. Plus 10-12 guys circling ? I'll eat my words if that was all true, but sounds like a slow summer day for moms on FB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.