Star Cinema Grill Fail

5,913 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ro828
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So Star manager sends me ( and apparently a bunch of other folks from what the service rep on phone said ) a email yesterday about equipment failure asking me to call or email for a refund on a ticketing bought on the 12th for the 14th. I call today and am told that they can't refund on phone or email - and if I don't come by before the show time I can't get a refund. Might be hard since I scheduled to see the movie at another theater at the same time today. Horrible customer service and no desire to have any kind of recovery. I practically begged him to figure out some kind of service recovery. Hope it's not anyone else's experience but certainly my last $36 at Star Cinema Grill.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bunk Moreland
that is incredibly bad customer service.
AggiePlaya
AG
That is terrible customer service. There is no reason they shouldn't have better options to refund your money.

Disappointed in them
spike427
AG
Can you dispute the charge with your cc? That's terrible service indeed. Hard to believe that they CAN'T do it... sounds like they just don't want to.
texAZtea
AG
After my $ 20 burnt pizza came 10 minutes into the movie and the waiters stood right in front of my as my seat neighbors ordered new food every 10 minutes, I have also spent my last money at Star Cinema.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Going to the movies sucks now, people talk so much during the movies and last time at Cinemark a family of Orcas ate the whole movie and talked.

WonkaTXRanger
The Queen Theater has a full menu that they serve at your seat. It's a small theater so there's way less food runner hustle n bustle. When you buy tickets online for the Queen, try to avoid the mezzanine and balcony levels, since you have to look through the glass railings to see the screen, which can get annoying.
EBrazosAg
AG
This all gets better - I scramble up there ($5 worth of gas BTW) and they give me a refund - minus a $8 (4 tix x $2) service fee that is non refundable. For a ticket they canceled due to equipment malfunction!!!!! It's hard to believe they could be that bad at customer service.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bunk Moreland
I hope you let them have it. The fact that they wouldn't give you a voucher/gift card or something is wild.
EBrazosAg
AG
I tried to find my happy place. The refund minus $8 almost called me out of it. But I kept it cool - frankly I was so incredulous I could not reply.
Hornbeck
I feel a 1 star yelp review coming.

They don't cater to the townies, so they care not for your plight.
halibut sinclair
Hornbeck said:

I feel a 1 star yelp review coming.

They don't cater to the townies, so they care not for your plight.

Why does it matter if they are a "townie" or not and why would that make a difference?
TyHolden
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Going to the movies sucks now, people talk so much during the movies and last time at Cinemark a family of Orcas ate the whole movie and talked.
I had this kid eat a whole pizza next to me and then 15 minutes before the movie ends show up with another and opens the box and starts eating. I've never seen a kid eat so much in 2 hours.
Hornbeck
Hmmmm.

So, I've observed in the time I have been back in town since moving away after college that certain businesses (especially newer ones) that cater to mostly students, don't really care about customer service and "going that extra mile". My guess is that it's because there's 60k+ of them… You may have a different experience.
555-PINF
corporate@starcinemagrill.net

I wonder what corporate would say about how you were treated.
spike427
AG
I admire your restraint. What a frustrating experience!
Mister Shipwreck
555-PINF said:

corporate@starcinemagrill.net

I wonder what corporate would say about how you were treated.
yes, worth contacting them. I would also dispute the charge with your credit card
trouble
AG
I really don't understand why the first email didn't just include the offer of an online gift card.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
PCC is the best in bcs
BCS-Ag
This is EXACTLY what a credit card dispute is for. I would have threatened it on the call if no full gift card refund, then done it online with my bank after. 5 mins max. How infuriating
EBrazosAg
AG
After emailing corporate and manager got a call today. Refunded the service charge separately and was very responsive at service recovery. Shouldn't have been that hard but sometimes that happens. My biggest take would be they need to enable the people that are actually taking calls or engaging customers to do the right thing when there is a high volume issue like a non functioning theater.
Mister Shipwreck
EBrazosAg said:

After emailing corporate and manager got a call today. Refunded the service charge separately and was very responsive at service recovery. Shouldn't have been that hard but sometimes that happens. My biggest take would be they need to enable the people that are actually taking calls or engaging customers to do the right thing when there is a high volume issue like a non functioning theater.
Did you have to drive down there again to get it?
EBrazosAg
AG
Hah. No. Thankfully.
EMY92
AG
If they did this to everyone and everyone disputed the charge on their credit card's, that would get noticed. Disputed charges are expensive for the vendor.
Hornbeck
If they did this to 30-40 students, how many would have fought it, and emailed corporate like the OP?

They know durn good and well what they're doing.
halibut sinclair
Been there once or twice and it was just fine, but it's kind of out of the way for us. We will stick with Premiere.
ro828
My granddaughters both worked there, but not for long. They said the turnover was just crazy,.

I've been there once, before the plague. It was ok but nothing to write home about. I guess the food service is to make you feel like you're at home. That would be ok with the comic book movies that come out in the summer. But imagine watching Saving Private Ryan while people around you are having a meal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.