Keg / tap rental in CS

942 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 555-PINF
dallasag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags, have a group coming down to CS for a weekend and we are looking for a keg & tap. Does HEB still rent them or Specs? Where is the best place to rent from these days?
Vinewood_03
Not sure but please provide address and start time of said keg tapping.
Clucky
It's really not economically efficient to get a keg anymore, especially if you have to rent a tap and shell. But, most grocery stores and Spec's can help you out.

RIP keg of Ice House for $35
TyHolden
AG
Quote:

RIP Ice House hangover....
histag10
AG
Yeah. We just buy a bunch of cases amd load down a cooler/our spare refrigerator, which offers a variety to everyone as well.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I have a co2 cylinder, sanke valve, and a picnic tap. I don't have a nice tap handle. But the picnic tap works just fine for hanging out and having a beer. Just drop the keg into a trash can of ice.

When are you needing this?

Clucky
I was 19...er, I mean , 21 at the time so the Ice House hangover wasn't much of a factor.
555-PINF
If you're dead set on a keg, Spec's is your best bet. They'll rent out the trash can and tap, but it'll be one of those crappy plastic pump taps. Just be sure to have some stuff on hand to lube the little o-ring it if it goes south. I've Macgyver'd more than I care to remember with everything from KY to butter.

Like others have said, though, your best bet is to get a big variety of cans and bottles and ice them down so everyone can find something they like. Kegs used to be cheaper ounce for ounce, but those days are gone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.