Former Deputy Constable Agustin Rubio Released from Prison Sentence

6,338 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
lethalninja
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He served his entire sentence, minus a few months, and is on the sex offender registry until December 2031 after being released in September. The incidents happened eleven years ago and there were two threads about him on TexAgs after he was arrested (they're still there).

https://kwhi.com/2013/12/07/former-brazos-county-deputy-constable-sentenced/
lethalninja
Any thoughts on his release?
MB19
AG
lethalninja said:

Any thoughts on his release?
Edit: Because reading is fundamental

He disgraced himself, and he did grievous harm to his victims.
trouble
AG
The word you are looking for is "thread" not "forum"
lethalninja
How long do you think he should have gotten?
happyinBCS
this is the second or third post asking the same questions, why? are you doing a study or just have time on your hands
lethalninja
I have time on my hands and I'm curious.
MB19
AG
lethalninja said:

How long do you think he should have gotten?
My opinion does not matter on his sentence. That was the responsibility of the judge and jury. And apparently his sentence is now complete.
lethalninja
It was a plea agreement. If it was possible, do you think he should have had to register as a sex offender for life instead?
cslifer
What we think doesn't matter at this point. The only thing that matters at this point is in the plea agreement accepted by the court.
Love Gun
The girl that he kidnapped is a family member of mine. I hope he got his **** pushed in while in prison.
**** Joe Biden
cslifer
I agree with you, I am just trying to figure out lethalninja's angle on this.
maddiedou
AG
cslifer said:

I agree with you, I am just trying to figure out lethalninja's angle on this.

I beat you to it on the other thread

No answer is sufficient it just comes back with another question
cslifer
Yeah the other thread is weird as well, asking for info on a minor assault from 30 years ago? Strange for sure
trouble
AG
All of his posts are like this
lethalninja
I thought someone would know the details, since several people on here know Wayland Rawls.
lethalninja
Not all of them, but some are.
lethalninja
Wouldn't he have been in protective custody?
cslifer
The question is why do you care or what does it matter? It was 30 yrs ago, and was minor enough that he was still allowed to become a cop. Have you ever heard the term "let sleeping dogs lie"?
lethalninja
I don't care that much, since I only asked once, and I thought someone on here might know the details.
MB19
AG
lethalninja said:

Wouldn't he have been in protective custody?

TDCJ has a unit specific for convicted cops. Protective custody while in county? Absolutely
lethalninja
Do you think he got beaten up at least once in prison because of the nature of his offenses?
lethalninja
Which unit?
lethalninja
"Elected officials in the public employee retirement system will forfeit their pension benefits if convicted of felonious corruption or abuse of office." Some Texas police officers are in the system, so if he was, he'll lose his pension. Regardless, he can never be a police officer again, at least not in Texas, because of his felony convictions.
toolshed
AG
lethalninja said:

Do you think he got beaten up at least once in prison because of the nature of his offenses?

What kind of question is this, and what's the point? Who knows and who cares?
lethalninja
I was curious whether MB19 thinks he got beaten up in prison, since he knew that TDCJ has a unit specific for convicted cops, and he might know how the prison dynamics work in there, like if the cops don't judge one another, since they're all corrupt to some degree, or if sex offenders are hated in there, like in regular prisons.
MB19
AG
I have never worked at a prison unit so I can not speak to what the dynamics are there from day to day
lethalninja
Which unit is the one specifically for cops?
MB19
AG
lethalninja said:

Which unit is the one specifically for cops?
I don't know. I don't work for TDCJ. They have a system in place that assigns units for those incarcerated with them.
lethalninja
https://publicsite.dps.texas.gov/SexOffenderRegistry/Search/Rapsheet?Sid=08913186

Agustin Rubio's sex offender page from the Texas Department of Public Safety
lethalninja
Today is eleven years since he attempted to sexually assault the woman in the Administration Building, so the case is relatively old.
cslifer
Do you actually keep track of this stuff??
Turf-Ag02
AG
Reading this made me think about a case that took place a few years ago where a neighbor killed a few people after they bought some property next to his and he didn't like it. He hung out with them one night then commenced to kill one or two of them with one person getting away, I think. I thought it happened somewhere around Huntsville but I can't remember exactly. Anyone remember this?
Gig ‘em and God bless
Love Gun
Turf-Ag02 said:

Reading this made me think about a case that took place a few years ago where a neighbor killed a few people after they bought some property next to his and he didn't like it. He hung out with them one night then commenced to kill one or two of them with one person getting away, I think. I thought it happened somewhere around Huntsville but I can't remember exactly. Anyone remember this?

That was in Palestine in 2015. That guy killed six, including kids. I think they had the trial in Brazos County and he got the death penalty, rightly so.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/11/08/killer-quickly-convicted-for-slaughtering-6-at-east-texas-campsite/
**** Joe Biden
Turf-Ag02
AG
That's the one. I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here about it during the trial.
Gig ‘em and God bless
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.