Dumped Suddenlink today!

13,095 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 91_Aggie
Capt.Starbuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I noticed MetroNet digging in our neighborhood today, I can't wait to ditch SL
CN
Well thanks to everyone's advice here, I did get a receipt when I returned my equipment earlier this week. They first requested that I put it in the drop box outside but I told them no, I would like a receipt to prove that I returned the equipment. I don't know if it was the fact that I requested a receipt or the fact that what I was returning was simply a cablecard and not an STB or a DVR but they agreed to accept my return and give me a receipt.
Chase
AG
First Down and Twelve said:

Post back when they tell you about "our policy" (that they have yet to provide me a written copy of, or of any documentation that I agreed to that "policy") that requires them to charge you for another full billing period if you gave them notice any less than a complete 30 days advance notice of cancellation.

File a complaint online with the FCC.
Chase
AG
farmerJohnny said:

I got my internet bill $20 bump today.
I hate Suddenlink with a passion. Did anyone get their "lifetime price guarantee"? I am not seeing that advertised anymore, but I am willing to pay a little more as long as I know that the bill is not going up randomly every few months.

The lifetime price guarantee is BS. They'll lock in the "base rate" but they have other charges they will elevate as time goes on. I forget what they called them but I think its infrastructure charge and they will increase HD charges, per box charges, etc as well.
aggie-1997
AG
I am in the process of moving into a house in Castlegate. Does anyone know what the current internet provider options are? I believe Suddenlink and Frontier are offered there. Was wondering if there were any others and if so who is the recommended company.
histag10
AG
If it's Frontier fiber, that is the way to go
aggie-1997
AG
histag10 said:

If it's Frontier fiber, that is the way to go
I don't believe it is fiber. When I looked 50mbps was the only plan offered for my address.
DTP02
AG
Who's switched to Frontier fiber and how has it been for you?

We switched to suddenlink becasue frontier was so unreliable (prior to fiber) and their customer service was horrible.
dave99ag
AG
Switched from SL gig to Frontier fiber a few weeks ago. No issues at all. Cut my bill in half.

Customer service is going to suck no matter where you turn, so I'd manage your expectations on that one.
UmustBKidding
Wirestar offers service in portions of castlegate. Dont think frontier fiber is available there yet
CN
aggie-1997 said:

I am in the process of moving into a house in Castlegate. Does anyone know what the current internet provider options are? I believe Suddenlink and Frontier are offered there. Was wondering if there were any others and if so who is the recommended company.
Your best bet may be Suddenlink. You should be able to get a good rate as a new customer and can switch once Frontier is available there. Suddenlink's internet service is adequate, it's just that their billing practices suck but your rate should be OK for the first year.
halibut sinclair
We are considering dumping our Suddenlink bundle and just keeping internet until Metronet is ready in our area. We have the VoIP landine which we never use. Does anyone know if they have to come out to the house to remove that?
Chase
AG
halibut sinclair said:

We are considering dumping our Suddenlink bundle and just keeping internet until Metronet is ready in our area. We have the VoIP landine which we never use. Does anyone know if they have to come out to the house to remove that?
I've had multiple clients that tried to drop the bundle because they didn't use the VoIP and Suddenlink wanted more money than for the bundle. All continued to "subscribe to the bundle" by not using it all and, in some cases, unplugging the VOIP modem.

The only thing I can think is that the company is playing games with their subscriber numbers by having the phone service at an address and, if you're only going to have Internet or Internet/TV rather than the bundle it's maybe counted as two subs rather than three so the discount goes away.
Ratsa
We had internet and a VoIP landline from Suddenlink. The last time they randomly raised our rates by $20 I called and asked for customer retention. I cancelled the VoIP during that call but kept the internet and was able to significantly lower our rate, for a while at least. I had to return the device to the Suddenlink store, but they didn't have to send a technician out to cancel the VoIP.
phillytex24
I'm so happy for you! They suck hard.
CCMD
AG
Dumped Suddenlink today. However, they are now ready to negotiate and did make it tempting. I had 1G service and landline with them. They offered to lower cost to $49/m with $600 credit. I said no ... too much stored-up hate.
TexAg1987
First Down and Twelve said:

Post back when they tell you about "our policy" (that they have yet to provide me a written copy of, or of any documentation that I agreed to that "policy") that requires them to charge you for another full billing period if you gave them notice any less than a complete 30 days advance notice of cancellation.
Residential Services Agreement | Suddenlink

Quote:

Monthly Subscriptions: Your monthly subscription begins either on or the first day following your installation date and automatically renews thereafter on a monthly basis beginning on the first day of the next billing period assigned to you until cancelled by you. The monthly service charge(s) will be billed at the beginning of your assigned billing period and each month thereafter unless and until you cancel your Service(s).

You may cancel Service(s) up to the last day of the billing period prior to the service period that you wish to cancel, and the cancellation will be effective at the end of the then-current billing period. Any request for cancellation after the commencement of a service period will be effective at the end of the then-current service period, provided, however, that West Virginia Video customers may select an earlier cancellation date in accordance with applicable law. Access to the Services will, if possible, continue to be provided at the location ordered or, if you move, to your new location if in a Suddenlink-served area (subject to any installation charges).

Cancelling on the last day should be allowable. You got screwed.
nickstro66
AG
Dumped Suddenlink today because we're moving.

They originally did not let me return the equipment in store until I told them I wouldn't leave without a receipt. They looked upset when I told them that. They then told me they couldn't cancel my account in the store and that I'd have to call their customer service number to have my account cancelled.

I hate that company so much.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I'm just waiting for that fiber in Reatta Meadows. Looks like they're in Shenendoah right now. Me next please?
KidDoc
AG
One week into Frontier and 0 downtime! Took me 28 minutes on the phone and three people to cancel Suddenlink. Now I'm paying 1/2 for double speed for at least three years.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
woodiewood1
IF you go with Frontier, how do you go about getting KBTX TV?
JP76
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CYX4OZ2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1
KidDoc
AG
I use youtubeTV for most of my TV needs.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JP76
How are you liking you tube tv ?

Are there additional taxes and fees each month or is the total bill $64.99 ?
KidDoc
AG
JP76 said:

How are you liking you tube tv ?

Are there additional taxes and fees each month or is the total bill $64.99 ?
Love it. It is like $67 with taxes.
AgFan247
AG
I got a mailer for Metronet that 1 Gig service is now available in my area of town, anyone using them comment on the service?
bobinator
AG
Just as an alternative to YouTubeTV, we have FuboTV because it has the Astros' channel.

Also has a cool feature that lets you watch four games at once if you're using an AppleTV.
boredatwork08
AG
AgFan247 said:

I got a mailer for Metronet that 1 Gig service is now available in my area of town, anyone using them comment on the service?

Same. Don't appreciate the "intro" price, but it's still worth dumping SL if the service is marginally better.
phillytex24
I did that years ago- then this year I dumped The Eagle newspaper too! Just not worth it!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Does the Frontier cable box work with a Sony remote by any chance? (Sony remote controls all streaming and cable so no need for multiple remotes)
JaxDad
AG
I just moved to Castlegate and called Frontier. No fiber at this time, just copper.
foo00
AG
Got to finally cancel SL today. Was so worth the 25min phone call..

FYI for those that are getting Frontier/Metronet and/or want to try to play a game of chicken with the Retention Department. There was nothing they could do to keep me so after about 5 levels of offers and "no, not interested" they'd tried to offer 400mbps service for $24.99/month (or gig for $34.99) guaranteed for 2yrs -plus- refund an old $60 service charge -plus- give me 6 months of free service. YMMV but 6 months free sure sounds like they're starting to feel the pinch of competition..
ddpg
foo00 said:

YMMV but 6 months free sure sounds like they're starting to feel the pinch of competition..

They must really be feeling it now. I switched to Frontier in February and when I called to cancel with Suddenlink they didn't offer me anything. I was willing to stick with them for a little longer if they at least matched the Frontier price.

No regrets moving to Frontier. Went from 500Mb/20Mb to 1Gb/1Gb and I'm consistently seeing 950+ both directions. Installer was super helpful and I haven't had any outages the five months I've had them.
Gigem314
AG
foo00 said:

Got to finally cancel SL today. Was so worth the 25min phone call..

FYI for those that are getting Frontier/Metronet and/or want to try to play a game of chicken with the Retention Department. There was nothing they could do to keep me so after about 5 levels of offers and "no, not interested" they'd tried to offer 400mbps service for $24.99/month (or gig for $34.99) guaranteed for 2yrs -plus- refund an old $60 service charge -plus- give me 6 months of free service. YMMV but 6 months free sure sounds like they're starting to feel the pinch of competition..
Wow, when I tried last November the best they could bring me down to was $75/mo for 400mbps. We will probably be the last street in our neighborhood to get fiber since we're at the end...but I may have to try this. Glad they're finally feeling it. Serves them right for being so greedy with their prices all those years.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Any updates from SL to Frontier switchers?

Also, is kbtx not available on Frontier?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.