Cinemark and 30.05 sign

12,059 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FlyRod
JR Ewing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did I miss when Cinemark switched from a 30.07 sign to a 30.05 firearms prohibited sign? Was that recent? I will not be going there anymore. Hope they go bankrupt...
woodiewood1
JR Ewing said:

Did I miss when Cinemark switched from a 30.07 sign to a 30.05 firearms prohibited sign? Was that recent? I will not be going there anymore. Hope they go bankrupt...
A lot of places are changing because the 30.07 only prohibits open carry.. The 30.05 prohibits unlicensed carriers and a lot are also putting up the 30.06 signs so they don't want any firearms.

People don't realize that the average person who carries is not a risk as it the criminals who most all cannot even have a gun is causing the problems. Criminals don't follow laws. People making decisions just lack critical thinking skills.

That's their right and it's our right not to go there. Freedom for everyone!
happyinBCS
CNK up 6% today
Bucketrunner
Any detector up to check?
BluHorseShu
AG
JR Ewing said:

I'll go more often now.
TyHolden
AG
Bucketrunner said:

this
JR Ewing
AG
woodiewood1 said:

JR Ewing said:

A lot of places are changing because the 30.07 only prohibits open carry.. The 30.05 prohibits unlicensed carriers and a lot are also putting up the 30.06 signs so they don't want any firearms.

People don't realize that the average person who carries is not a risk as it the criminals who most all cannot even have a gun is causing the problems. Criminals don't follow laws. People making decisions just lack critical thinking skills.

30.05 with a no firearms sign is criminal trespass if you have one. It is essentially a no-go, licensed or not.
woodiewood1
JR Ewing said:

woodiewood1 said:

JR Ewing said:

30.05 with a no firearms sign is criminal trespass if you have one. It is essentially a no-go, licensed or not.
I agree, Owners have a right to make their own rules on private property.
happyinBCS
take a look at the company business model as I said the stock was up 6% today as you hope they go bankrupt
txyaloo
AG
JR Ewing said:

woodiewood1 said:

JR Ewing said:

30.05 signs forbidding entry with firearms do not apply to LTC holders. There is a specific DTP in the penal code related to LTC.

Quote:

(f) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the basis on which entry on the property or land or in the building was forbidden is that entry with a handgun was forbidden; and
(2) the person was carrying:
(A) a license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, 1 to carry a handgun; and
(B) a handgun:
(i) in a concealed manner; or
(ii) in a shoulder or belt holster.
LOYAL AG
AG
JR Ewing said:

woodiewood1 said:

JR Ewing said:

This is false. 30.05 specifically refers to unlicensed carry. If you want to prohibit all types of carry you must post all three signs. The exception is 51% sign bars are supposed to post if they derive 51% or more of their sales from alcohol. Businesses can be fined for posting this sign when it is incorrect. The "no guns" sign has no meaning in Texas.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
techno-ag
AG
TyHolden said:

Bucketrunner said:

this
Yup. The whole point of concealed carry is no one knows.
JR Ewing
AG
txyaloo said:

JR Ewing said:

woodiewood1 said:

JR Ewing said:

30.05 signs forbidding entry with firearms do not apply to LTC holders. There is a specific DTP in the penal code related to LTC.

Quote:

(f) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the basis on which entry on the property or land or in the building was forbidden is that entry with a handgun was forbidden; and
(2) the person was carrying:
(A) a license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, 1 to carry a handgun; and
(B) a handgun:
(i) in a concealed manner; or
(ii) in a shoulder or belt holster.

Thanks for sharing Txyaloo!
Love Gun
I ignore every one of those signs. If you make an issue over my concealed firearm, of which I'm trained and licensed to carry in many states, I'll take my criminal trespass warning - and my business elsewhere. I'm not going to put myself in a situation where I will potentially need a gun and not have one. If some idiot wants to try to come in and ventilate everyone in the room, they clearly don't care about your anti-gun stance and/or your signs - and neither will I.

Make no mistake, these are good vs. evil situations. There is evil in this world, and people like me aren't it. I'm sorry you aren't as trusting of me and my training because you think guns are to blame for killing people.
**** Joe Biden
Aggie_95
AG
LOYAL AG said:

This is false. 30.05 specifically refers to unlicensed carry. If you want to prohibit all types of carry you must post all three signs. The exception is 51% sign bars are supposed to post if they derive 51% or more of their sales from alcohol. Businesses can be fined for posting this sign when it is incorrect. The "no guns" sign has no meaning in Texas.
How does one go about notifying the authorities with respect to a business posting a false 51% sign? Asking for a friend.....
techno-ag
AG
Love Gun said:

I ignore every one of those signs. If you make an issue over my concealed firearm, of which I'm trained and licensed to carry in many states, I'll take my criminal trespass warning - and my business elsewhere. I'm not going to put myself in a situation where I will potentially need a gun and not have one. If some idiot wants to try to come in and ventilate everyone in the room and they clearly don't care about your anti-gun stance and/or your signs, then I won't either.

Make no mistake, these are good vs. evil situations. There is evil in this world, and people like me aren't it. I'm sorry you aren't as trusting of me and my training because you think guns are to blame for killing people.

Excellent example of a username checking out.
txyaloo
AG
LOYAL AG said:

JR Ewing said:

woodiewood1 said:

JR Ewing said:

This is false. 30.05 specifically refers to unlicensed carry. The "no guns" sign has no meaning in Texas.
This is not accurate. With Constitutional Carry, no guns/gun buster signs, carry force of law for unlicensed carry. Business may opt to install 30.05 signs, but there is no requirement to do so in the penal code.

Quote:

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, a general residential operation operating as a residential treatment center, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:

(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or

(b) For purposes of this section:
(1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.
(2) "Notice" means:
(A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;
(B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;
(C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;

(c) A person may provide notice that firearms are prohibited on the property by posting a sign at each entrance to the property that:
(1) includes language that is identical to or substantially similar to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.05, Penal Code (criminal trespass), a person may not enter this property with a firearm";
(2) includes the language described by Subdivision (1) in both English and Spanish;
(3) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
(4) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
phillytex24
I refuse to go to the movies anymore. They were so dirty prior to COVID and I complained numerous times at Cinemark and Premier. They gave me free tickets at both but still the seats kept being dirty. Once COVID happened, I've enjoyed watching first run movies, released digitally, from the luxury of my couch.
woodiewood1
phillytex24 said:

I refuse to go to the movies anymore. They were so dirty prior to COVID and I complained numerous times at Cinemark and Premier. They gave me free tickets at both but still the seats kept being dirty. Once COVID happened, I've enjoyed watching first run movies, released digitally, from the luxury of my couch.
This I agree with. I quit going for the same reason. A few years ago I sat in a chair and smelled something and there was an open dirty diaper under the chair. That did it for me.
Ribbed Paultz
JR Ewing said:

kewl
Love Gun
Ribbed Paultz said:

JR Ewing said:

kewl

As stated previously, all these signs mean to me is that there are less people in that building that can potentially neutralize a threat. I'll ignore and gladly step up, but would appreciate some assistance if need be. That is the only way to stop it. Force against force, and I think I'll easily take care some idiot with a brand new AR or a stolen gun.

I don't care about their business, private property, or their signs. If a threat is lurking, I will be ready. If you welcome the public, you need to plan for the worst case scenario. You can thank me later, but I don't do it for recognition.

People like me are your guardian angels. You've spent too much time watching MSNBC and listening to Biden and Beto to realize that, though.
**** Joe Biden
techno-ag
AG
LG has the proper perspective.
LOYAL AG
AG
txyaloo said:

LOYAL AG said:

JR Ewing said:

woodiewood1 said:

JR Ewing said:

This is false. 30.05 specifically refers to unlicensed carry. The "no guns" sign has no meaning in Texas.
This is not accurate. With Constitutional Carry, no guns/gun buster signs, carry force of law for unlicensed carry. Business may opt to install 30.05 signs, but there is no requirement to do so in the penal code.

Quote:

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, a general residential operation operating as a residential treatment center, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:

(2) "Notice" means:
(A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;
(B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;
(C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;

(c) A person may provide notice that firearms are prohibited on the property by posting a sign at each entrance to the property that:
(1) includes language that is identical to or substantially similar to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.05, Penal Code (criminal trespass), a person may not enter this property with a firearm";
(2) includes the language described by Subdivision (1) in both English and Spanish;
(3) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and

Good to know. I RM thought I'd read where 30.05 signage worked like the other two.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
LOYAL AG
AG
Aggie_95 said:

LOYAL AG said:

How does one go about notifying the authorities with respect to a business posting a false 51% sign? Asking for a friend.....

Don't know that answer but I would assume a call to TABC would be a good place to start. I only know theres a fine because I researched it for a client who owns bars.
LOYAL AG
AG
Love Gun said:

I ignore every one of those signs. If you make an issue over my concealed firearm, of which I'm trained and licensed to carry in many states, I'll take my criminal trespass warning - and my business elsewhere. I'm not going to put myself in a situation where I will potentially need a gun and not have one. If some idiot wants to try to come in and ventilate everyone in the room, they clearly don't care about your anti-gun stance and/or your signs - and neither will I.

I walk past 30.06 but not 51%. That's a felony, not criminal trespass. No thanks.
Aggie_95
AG
LOYAL AG said:

txyaloo said:

LOYAL AG said:

JR Ewing said:

woodiewood1 said:

JR Ewing said:

Quote:

(2) "Notice" means:

Good to know. I RM thought I'd read where 30.05 signage worked like the other two.
So does this mean 30.05 is not enforceable for a licensed carry? I had never come across the 30.05 until recently.
Rockdoc
AG
If you have an LTC, carry no matter what signs they have. If they ask you to leave, just leave. And take your business elsewhere.
Love Gun
LOYAL AG said:

Love Gun said:

I walk past 30.06 but not 51%. That's a felony, not criminal trespass. No thanks.

I'm not dumb enough to carry in a bar, nor am I the type to spend several hours in one.
**** Joe Biden
LOYAL AG
AG
Love Gun said:

LOYAL AG said:

Love Gun said:

I'm not dumb enough to carry in a bar, nor am I the type to spend several hours in one.

Fair enough, me neither. There are places we all think of as restaurants that are actually 51% businesses or at least have the signage. The Dixie Chicken comes to mind. Just be aware of the difference in getting caught walking past a 51% sign. That was my point.
LOYAL AG
AG
Aggie_95 said:

LOYAL AG said:

txyaloo said:

LOYAL AG said:

JR Ewing said:

woodiewood1 said:

JR Ewing said:

Quote:

(2) "Notice" means:

So does this mean 30.05 is not enforceable for a licensed carry? I had never come across the 30.05 until recently.

That is correct. 30.05 applies to unlicensed carry. 30.06 applies to concealed carry. 30.07 applies to open carry. There are also different posting requirements for 30.06 and 30.07 with 30.06 having to be "conspicuously" posted but 30.07 having to be posted at every entrance. Not that anyone goes to the mall anymore but you could argue Post Oak allows open carry but not concealed carry. There are 30.06 and 30.07 signs at all mall entrances from the outside but no signs of any kind from the department stores. So you can enter the mall from Dillards without seeing a sign of any kind.

It seems most places that post a sign have settled on 30.07 signs meaning they don't want open carry but don't care about concealed.
LOYAL AG
AG
Rockdoc said:

If you have an LTC, carry no matter what signs they have. If they ask you to leave, just leave. And take your business elsewhere.
Again with the caveat that walking past a 51% sign is a felony. If they don't ask you to leave but instead call 911 because they're scared and unwilling to approach you that could be a real problem.
BiochemAg97
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Love Gun said:

LOYAL AG said:

Love Gun said:

Fair enough, me neither. There are places we all think of as restaurants that are actually 51% businesses or at least have the signage. The Dixie Chicken comes to mind. Just be aware of the difference in getting caught walking past a 51% sign. That was my point.

You think of the Dixie Chicken as a restaurant and not a bar that serves food?
cslifer
The Chicken is a blue sign according to TABC, always has been.
You can check any TABC licensed establishment on their website, which works shockingly well for a state agency website.
Love Gun
If you think that the Chicken sells more food than they do alcohol, I don't know what to tell you.
**** Joe Biden
LOYAL AG
AG
Love Gun said:

If you think that the Chicken sells more food than they do alcohol, I don't know what to tell you.

No. I was picturing Chicken Oil then remembered mid stream about their fire and The Chicken all I could come up with. Angry Elephant. Lots of food passes through that bar. The point is there are places we go to eat that you might not realize are 51% establishments.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.