Gas Prices in BCS

8,168 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by halibut sinclair
tb9665
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just saw 4.08 at the Valero on 29th street. It was 3.99 yesterday.
cavscout96
AG
tb9665 said:

I just saw 4.08 at the Valero on 29th street. It was 3.99 yesterday.
diesel was <$3.00/GAL two years ago. today it is $5.25+

draw your own conclusions on why that might be the case.....

*hint, it isn't Vlad's fault....
BCSWguru
they used to say you cant put a price on one's feelings.....
Rapier108
Yep, going up about 10 cents per day now.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
jja79
AG
I heard this is what the people wanted but it's not his fault.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Yep... Just paid $5.39/gal for diesel.
JP76
Gas historically moves up into Memorial Day weekend due to increasing demand from more people driving with school being out and vacations increasing. Crude generally moves up at least 10-15% from May to August and gas will follow in tandem. If we get any supply disturbances from hurricanes this year then $5-6 gas is very possible.

cavscout96
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

making it tough on the cattle folks..... and everyone else that runs diesel equipment, and shipping, and trucking, and railroads, ...etc.,etc.,etc......
cjeffery20
JP76 said:

Gas historically moves up into Memorial Day weekend due to increasing demand from more people driving with school being out and vacations increasing

Right...
JP76
cavscout96 said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

making it tough on the cattle folks..... and everyone else that runs diesel equipment, and shipping, and trucking, and railroads, ...etc.,etc.,etc......

And Capri Suns too !!

Those suckers went nearly 31% since January.
maroon barchetta
But but but releasing crude from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve will help the prices stay lower.
BrazosWifi
It's not just fuel. We just got a new load of fiber supplies. Prices have doubled since January.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
histag10
AG
JP76 said:

cavscout96 said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

And Capri Suns too !!

Those suckers went nearly 31% since January.

There was a point last year where they were about as readily available as formula is now. I couldn't find Capri sun's or lunchables for a while, and then when I did find them, almost can't afford them lol
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
It's the memorial day rush on Capri sons, get with the program this is completely normal
Bad Poster
Meanwhile Biden's giving $100 billion dollars of our tax money to Ukraine…. When are people going to say enough is enough… none of us are going to be able to afford to live or eat soon
maroon barchetta
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

It's the memorial day rush on Capri sons, get with the program this is completely normal

Username may or may not check out.
75AG
AG
Bad Poster said:

Meanwhile Biden's giving $100 billion dollars of our tax money to Ukraine…. When are people going to say enough is enough… none of us are going to be able to afford to live or eat soon
When Putin is dead, innocent civilians are no longer murdered, and Russian troops retreat back to the Motherland in total defeat. That's when most people will say enough is enough. That's when.
cavscout96
AG
75AG said:

Bad Poster said:

When Putin is dead, innocent civilians are no longer murdered, and Russian troops retreat back to the Motherland in total defeat. That's when most people will say enough is enough. That's when.
So the answer is to borrow money we don't have, from people who don't like us, and give it to one of the most corrupt governments on the planet,,,,,

Makes perfect sense...
jja79
AG
I'm only 65 so I haven't seen it all but this is the first war in my lifetime that is so brutal and deadly that the leader of the besieged country has time to go on Hollywood awards shows and that celebrities and dishonest politicians feel safe traveling to to get a photo with possibly the world's most corrupt man.
Bad Poster
jja79 said:

I'm only 65 so I haven't seen it all but this is the first war in my lifetime that is so brutal and deadly that the leader of the besiege country has time to go on Hollywood awards shows and that celebrities and dishonest politicians feel safe traveling to to get a photo with possibly the world's most corrupt man.

Bad Poster
jja79 said:

I'm only 65 so I haven't seen it all but this is the first war in my lifetime that is so brutal and deadly that the leader of the besiege country has time to go on Hollywood awards shows and that celebrities and dishonest politicians feel safe traveling to to get a photo with possibly the world's most corrupt man.

Its all a front imo. Fund war, get a set of cutbacks for money laundering. Its how these politicians leave office with so much more money than they had when they started. Book deals also a scam and a front for more laundering imo.
LOYAL AG
AG
75AG said:

Bad Poster said:

That isn't going to happen and thinking it will shows a lack of understanding of why Russia is doing what it's doing. This isn't about Putin other than him being in charge right now. This was always going to happen. From the Russian perspective it should have happened five years ago.

For the record I'm ok with us helping Ukraine but only because keeping Russia bogged down there is strategically beneficial to the US. The rest of the nations on their list we are obligated to defend.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
75AG
AG
I hope that the oligarchs feel the pressure and take him out. I also hope the CIA has operatives in country that could do the same. But like they say, hope in one hand and sh*t in the other.

I do think, however, that Biden blaming Putin's War for US gasoline price increases is folly, and will further enhance the Republican takeover of Congress. People see through that BS, just like they see through Abbott's border follies. IMHO
maroon barchetta
75AG said:

I hope that the oligarchs feel the pressure and take him out. I also hope the CIA has operatives in country that could do the same. But like they say, hope in one hand and sh*t in the other.

I do think, however, that Biden blaming Putin's War for US gasoline price increases is folly, and will further enhance the Republican takeover of Congress. People see through that BS, just like they see through Abbott's border follies. IMHO

People are morons. Do not put too much faith in the masses paying attention to anything more than the latest TikTok craze or the Depp/Heard civil trial.

Thanos was our only hope and the stupid Avengers killed him.
AggieBarstool
Dude, don't you know better than to bring logic to a Biden bashing?
LOYAL AG
AG
75AG said:

There's a school of thought that Russia has virtually nobody capable of leading a nation at this point, as in less than 200 people with the education and real world experience. Many of the oligarchs have fled the country because they could. Russia is a significantly bigger problem than we realize. Killing Putin could very well be a case of "the devil you don't know…".

Agree completely on gas prices. Any idiot knows oil rose 80% or more from the day he sign EO's cutting supply to the day Russia invaded. I wish I shared your optimism on how that translates to November. We both know people that believe gas prices are Al due to the war.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
legalbird
Some folks will have to get a job or second job to pay for the basics.
Monywolf
If you voted for this, remember, you voted for this.
El_duderino
No mean tweets though
LOYAL AG
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Dude, don't you know better than to bring logic to a Biden bashing?

I don't think he's in any way suggesting Biden doesn't play a substantial role in rising gas prices. He is saying only that the very recent moves are due to seasonal changes which is correct but that does nothing to explain the near doubling we've seen since his inauguration. His day one executive orders cut production and that unquestionably caused prices to rise. Something like 80% of the increase in oil since his first day happened before Russia v Ukraine become a thing which was long before Memorial Day 2022.
75AG
AG
Never been in the Oil and Gas bidness, therefore know nothing of the inner workings of pricing. But I'm told there are 9,000 unused drilling permits and read that the Alaskan lease sale was canceled because there was no interest from the industry. If profits are so high, and apparently they are, why no interest and why thousands of unused permits. Asking because I just don't know.
Hornbeck
I have to admit, I'm kinda missing those mean tweets.

Also, graduation weekend, it's going to drop.
LOYAL AG
AG
75AG said:

Never been in the Oil and Gas bidness, therefore know nothing of the inner workings of pricing. But I'm told there are 9,000 unused drilling permits and read that the Alaskan lease sale was canceled because there was no interest from the industry. If profits are so high, and apparently they are, why no interest and why thousands of unused permits. Asking because I just don't know.

Not in the industry either but I'm not at all surprised the industry isn't taking on new leases. The industry isn't going to be willing to invest the capital it takes to develop a new lease when the administration is openly hostile to their industry. It's safer for them to maximize where they are now regardless of what prices do. We'll see a more enthusiastic response to lease offerings when we get an administration that isn't so openly anti-oil.
techno-ag
AG
75AG said:

Regulations and litigation hold up a lot of that drilling. Also multiple permits are sometimes needed for an area. If a dry hole comes up in exploratory drilling, the oil companies will stop drilling even though they have permits.

In short, it's very misleading to harp on the 9000 permits. Only 10 percent of drilling takes place on federal land anyway. Read more here if you're interested: https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/national-verify/oil-permits-9000-unused-fact-check/536-2a657e09-856b-436c-a55d-df1cdf2acb3f

Finally, banks are encouraged not to lend to big oil. Supplies of pipe and sand have increased dramatically when they can even be found to begin with. And workers are in short supply.

All of that is on top of Biden shutting things down like the Keystone Pipeline on day one of his term. High prices are here to stay a while. Probably years, if ever, it goes back down to where it was, IMO.

Bidenflation is here to stay a while.
JP76
Whole lot more in play here than a president. Plot the rig count for the past 10 years. Many in the industry got burned in 2014 and then in early 2020 as crude contracts traded negative. Do you blame them for not taking on expansion risk when they can make the same or more money with less capital at risk ?

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.