Core Aeration and lawn leveling

1,587 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by InMyOpinion
Bad Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any recommendations in BCS. I have aggieland green and they did a liquid aeration, but i actually need to change the composition of my soil. Need some sand to break up the clay.
El_duderino
DIY not an option?
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I think you can rent a walk behind aerator (one that actually pulls cores) from Home Depot for around $60. Should just be a couple hours unless you have a massive yard.

Do you have St. Augustine or Bermuda? It's much harder to level St. Augustine since it's so thick and hard to cut low.

Edit: $69 for 4 hours or $99 for a day. Brenham HD has one, maybe an equipment rental place here would have one.
Bad Poster
MyNameIsJeff said:

I think you can rent a walk behind aerator (one that actually pulls cores) from Home Depot for around $60. Should just be a couple hours unless you have a massive yard.

Do you have St. Augustine or Bermuda? It's much harder to level St. Augustine since it's so thick and hard to cut low.

Edit: $69 for 4 hours or $99 for a day. Brenham HD has one, maybe an equipment rental place here would have one.

I dont have an issue renting an aerator and aerating myself, but i really would rather just pay someone to haul in sand and level. Too much work for me and dont have the time. And yes I have bermuda
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Bad Poster said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

I dont have an issue renting an aerator and aerating myself, but i really would rather just pay someone to haul in sand and level. Too much work for me and dont have the time. And yes I have bermuda

I understand. I've done research on leveling my own and two years later still never had the time to do it.
FlyRod
I'd give the good folks at Producers Coop a call. They are a font of all kinds of lawn care and gardening wisdom.
InMyOpinion
Bad Poster said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

I decided to level my yard myself 2 years ago and it kicked my ass. I plan on doing again this year but will hopefully hire a couple of high school kids to do the heavy lifting. The leveling process was not hard, it was moving 6 yards of sand that wore me out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.