Baggage check-in time - AA/Easterwood

1,310 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 75AG
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This may be old news, but I was told this morning that they've changed the luggage check in window from 30 minutes before flight to 45 minutes for American at Easterwood. The people behind me had 20 seconds to check their bag.

Apparently if you can't check your bag, you have to rebook your flight. Just an fyi.
doubledog
rc_cat said:

This may be old news, but I was told this morning that they've changed the luggage check in window from 30 minutes before flight to 45 minutes for American at Easterwood. The people behind me had 20 seconds to check their bag.

Apparently if you can't check your bag, you have to rebook your flight. Just an fyi.
Good to know, thanks...
75AG
AG
Yeah, they must be completely overworked with what, 2 flights per day?
MiMi
S
Since United left, AA has 4 flights to DFW daily. They are also using more of the larger regional jets from SkyWest (Bombardier CRJ700) and fewer of the smaller Envoy regional jets (Embraer RJ145). Maybe the increase in the number of passengers per flight has made them need more time to get the luggage in the plane? I fly out of Easterwood often and I'm always surprised that passengers will be just arriving at the airport right as boarding begins.
pattybrhg
For what it's worth, their minimum check in time has been 45 minutes for many years. AA corporate just cut out the 15 minute grace period systemwide that many had been used to for a long time to check in as late as 30 prior. Check in even without luggage will be moving to the same minimum 45 minute prior window later this year too though, so that's a also something to be aware of.
75AG
AG
MiMi said:

Since United left, AA has 4 flights to DFW daily. They are also using more of the larger regional jets from SkyWest (Bombardier CRJ700) and fewer of the smaller Envoy regional jets (Embraer RJ145). Maybe the increase in the number of passengers per flight has made them need more time to get the luggage in the plane? I fly out of Easterwood often and I'm always surprised that passengers will be just arriving at the airport right as boarding begins.
Good to know AA stepped up since my UA passed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.