Fence work recs?

3,577 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GeographyAg
FILO505
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to get the fence across the back of my back yard replaced. Want to make it higher so I quit seeing neighbors, street, etc. Fire away
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
We talking like 50' of fence or 5000'? That will determine my recommendation.
Sailor
Jason @ ACE Fence. EOT.
FILO505
AG
Southwood Valley. Nothing crazy
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Then I'll second Jason @ Ace Fencing.
scd88
AG
I just got my fence removed and replaced. They did good work. You can come by and look if you want.

Nine
Seven
Nine
Two
Zero
Four
One
Nine
Four
Three

aggiesed8r
AG
ACE fencing. Ask for Jason.
555-PINF
I'll text you a contact. Guy did ours in Anderson a couple of months ago. $23/linear foot. Simple fence, but better than what we had.
scd88
AG
I split this with 3 neighbors:

425 LF
$39/LF
Cedar pickets
6 foot, except the back 94 LF, which was 8'
6" rot board all the way around.
Includes a gate on my side.

They removed old fence, hauled it away.
555-PINF
I know Jason through a friend and reached out several times and never heard a peep back. Ace is on my "not worth the effort" list. They'd obviously rather do home builders that give them repeat business than one time homeowners, not that that's a bad thing - just not worth the effort.
Sailor
555-PINF said:

I know Jason through a friend and reached out several times and never heard a peep back. Ace is on my "not worth the effort" list. They'd obviously rather do home builders that give them repeat business than one time homeowners, not that that's a bad thing - just not worth the effort.
That wasn't my experience at all.

Had them build my fence years after my house was built. Told me when he was going to be here to survey, gave me an accurate estimate and came in under that estimate.
AgsWin11
AG
I just used Poor Guys Fencing to do my fence and they have done 4 of my neighbors in winding creek. The owners name is Wayland. (682) 333-6557
michellecan
I want to move my existing vinyl fence back 8'. Called Ace, said they only do big jobs now so call a smaller fence company. Thought it was a little rude so…bye Felicia
driver
Ace Fencing - Also not my experience. They were great to work with on our rental properties in the past 6 months.Also, If they didn't come out to provide an estimate or were too busy to do a job at all, then that's pretty par for the course in this town (plus, busy is good for businesses, right?). Also, I think they do cater to most of the builders in this town and with the rate of growth here I can imagine ALL trades people have a hard time keeping up.
75AG
AG
Need repairs on some gates that Ace installed when they did our yard 6 years ago. Can't get a call back.
wareagle044
driver said:

Ace Fencing - Also not my experience. They were great to work with on our rental properties in the past 6 months.Also, If they didn't come out to provide an estimate or were too busy to do a job at all, then that's pretty par for the course in this town (plus, busy is good for businesses, right?). Also, I think they do cater to most of the builders in this town and with the rate of growth here I can imagine ALL trades people have a hard time keeping up.

I got a quick quote from ACE. The main problem was they were backed up with work and it'd be awhile to get me on schedule. Also didn't want to pay the prices at the time, so I never booked. My experience with their estimation was great.
D_Wag97
AG
Maybe going off on a tangent, but why are landscaping timbers allowed for privacy fences? Seems like there's building code for everything else on a house except that. I've had to replace two fences built by ACE. Should be against some sort of code, especially around here..and I don't care if the builders ask for it or not. <end of rant>
JP76
D_Wag97 said:

Maybe going off on a tangent, but why are landscaping timbers allowed for privacy fences? Seems like there's building code for everything else on a house except that. I've had to replace two fences built by ACE. Should be against some sort of code, especially around here..and I don't care if the builders ask for it or not. <end of rant>

Because some builders are cheap and some people are cheap and they think saving $500 on new fence at the end of a new build is a better choice but forget about what sprinkler systems and wind do to a timber that has a tag on it that says not for structural use.
JP76
75AG said:

Need repairs on some gates that Ace installed when they did our yard 6 years ago. Can't get a call back.

What kind of issues are you having with them ?
befitter
Straight Arrow Contracting, Matt Stoll. 979-255-9788
GeographyAg
AG
Who is best for a ranch-style fence or pipe fence?

I hired a guy out of Georgetown a few years ago and he did some of it before abandoning the project and ghosting me. I need someone to finish the front of my fence (metal that looks like wood planks, but just a few feet of that is left to do) and then do the sides with pipe and rod if possible.

The previous guy left some pipe in the barn, but I don't think it's enough to finish the project.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
I am a beer
befitter said:

Straight Arrow Contracting, Matt Stoll. 979-255-9788
100% - Call Matt! He is a heck of a guy and his work is quality. He has a FB page if you want to see his work too.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Does anyone here do a concrete mow strip/footer?

I am a beer
coleasterling said:

Does anyone here do a concrete mow strip/footer?

I spent awhile searching a couple years ago and finally found a company to do it. What they didn't say is that they had no clue how to do that. It was absolutely horrendous and I ended up covering it up with fill dirt. Regrets all around. They were the only company who would quote a footer for residential work. I spoke with a few who said they would, but never showed up for quotes. Pretty frustrating experience.
Try Matt Lochmann with Lochmann Construction. I don't know if he can for sure, but he is a solid guy that will take great care of the job if he can.
techno-ag
AG
Tim Everett did ours.

https://facebook.com/timeverettconstructionservices/
GeographyAg
AG
techno-ag said:

Tim Everett did ours.

Thank you! I'll give him a call.
mhnatt
Any idea of the cost/ft of installing the following type fence in BCS? Assuming easy access/cleared ground.

RafterAg223
AG
mhnatt said:

Any idea of the cost/ft of installing the following type fence in BCS? Assuming easy access/cleared ground.

Paid $16/ft for that exact product at the end of 2020. I'm sure you can figure 50% higher now.
GeographyAg
AG
GeographyAg said:

techno-ag said:

Tim Everett did ours.

Hey, Techno-Ag, it looks like Tim Everett is MIA, too. His website is not in business, his Facebook page has been abandoned, and he doesn't answer his phone.

Do you know if he's still in business?
GeographyAg
AG
Has anyone used Frank's Fencing?
https://www.franksfence.com/steel-pipe-fencing

Their website is active and he answers his phone. Seems like a nice guy, but I've been burned and would prefer someone with a known reputation.
techno-ag
AG
GeographyAg said:

GeographyAg said:

techno-ag said:

Tim Everett did ours.

Hey, Techno-Ag, it looks like Tim Everett is MIA, too. His website is not in business, his Facebook page has been abandoned, and he doesn't answer his phone.

Hmmm. I do not know. The number on FB is the one I have for him
GeographyAg
AG
techno-ag said:

GeographyAg said:

GeographyAg said:

techno-ag said:

Tim Everett did ours.

Hmmm. I do not know. The number on FB is the one I have for him
Okay. Thanks.
I am a beer
GeographyAg said:

GeographyAg said:

techno-ag said:

Tim Everett did ours.

https://www.facebook.com/Straight-Arrow-Contracting-LLC-101266138523650/

patrick.redmill
ACE did a fabulous job for us a few years back.
AggiePlaya
AG
GeographyAg said:

Has anyone used Frank's Fencing?
https://www.franksfence.com/steel-pipe-fencing

Their website is active and he answers his phone. Seems like a nice guy, but I've been burned and would prefer someone with a known reputation.
If that is Frank Sanchez he does good work and has been in the business a long time.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.