Howdy's Pizza

3,180 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cslifer
MarineBQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody know what's going on with them? I think I remember reading they were going to try and reopen soon. I drove by the other day and it looks like they just closed and left everything there on their last day.
MiMi
S
Howdy's Pizza Closing
MarineBQ04
AG
Yes Mimi I can read too, but TexAgs knows stuff and sometimes has different information sources.
trouble
AG
They haven't announced any new plans yet
Bucketrunner
We miss them.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Never really ate their but I did love their pizza at Kyle . Way better than anything Levy could offer.
Stupe
S
ElephantRider
AG
Pizza was good, but the wait was ridiculous every time we went
PS3D
I never went to Howdy's but I do remember the old pizza when it was catered like to NRBC. If I recall, after Gumby's took over GranDandy's, the owner wanted to open Howdy's Pizza with the green logo. They had embroidered hats and bumper stickers, and a space at Caprock…then construction stalled out and the "new" Howdy's opened with a different logo, different ownership, and presumably different recipes.
cslifer
Yea I know the owner,exactly zero of what you said is true.
maroon barchetta
cslifer said:

You know the owner of Gumby's, Gran Dandy's, or Howdy's?
cslifer
Howdy's
Tim Weaver
They were trying to sell a premium product in a less than premium location and with way less than premium customer service and experience.

Pizza was good when it came out as you ordered it. Order mistakes were pretty high there towards the end.

Rx is showing them how it should have been done. Even though their 'za is not as good as Howdy's, they are selling a lot of pie because the atmosphere is less "fast food counter" and more hipstery. Plus the staff is overall friendlier and the wait times are decent.
PS3D
cslifer said:

The green stickers and hats were real. The old logo and lack of construction is realit's documented on TexAgs, etc etc. What's your claim?
cslifer
Everything about ownership…the "secret kitchen" that you edited out of your original post….I guess you were right about construction delays, but there are about a million possible reasons for construction delays so that doesn't count for much.
The way you edited your original post it would appear not even you believed all of what you said.
Edit-spelling
PS3D
cslifer said:

Everything about ownership…the "secret kitchen" that you edited out of your original post….I guess you were right about construction delays, but there are about a million possible reasons for construction delays so that doesn't count for much.
The way you edited your original post it would appear not even you believed all of what you said.
Edit-spelling

There was one line that I had been specifically asked by a third party to remove. And maybe it was an incorrect detail. Maybe it wasn't. But if everything else was "all wrong" as you claimed, why didn't I change more of it or back down and delete the post?

You basically called me a liar without even a contradictory account, so put up or shut up.
cslifer
It is up to you what you choose to post, free speech and all. But Google is your friend, I would recommend using it.
My "contradictory account" is that you are wrong. It is untrue…not sure how else to say it.
MarineBQ04
AG
cslifer, perhaps you should ask the owner where Howdy's made the pizzas for the Bombers games and New Republic Brewery in 2017…
cslifer
I love the argument about a business that has been closed for several months, it doesn't get any more Texags than this!
cslifer
Well why don't you tell us?? We are waiting..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.