Question About a Hotel in College Station

1,582 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BrandoC
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How, or why, does that hotel next to Hwy 6 south sit vacant with some lights on for YEARS now? Who owns it? It is a blight to the city.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
You're gonna have to be more specific on which hotel you're referring to.
UmustBKidding
Quality Suites?
If that is the one they had a floor that was unoccupied with no heat and fire sprinkler line froze and flooded the whole building before they got it shut off. Basically totally uninhabitable. They have been working on it recently I assume the remediate the water damage. With covid, labor and material cost and overbuilt hotel market I am amazed they did not fix with a bulldozer. Been close since early 2018

Buford T. Justice
AG
I think that is the one. If you are driving south on 6, it is "near" the Exxon at Rock Prairie.
Stupe
S
If the bills are getting paid, there isn't much that the city can do. Unfortunately.
woodiewood1
A California company bought it and the one in Huntsville and plan to open this year.
ratfacemcdougal
Been working on it on and off. A bunch of hotel projects are done cash only and they dont have 100 % of the cash available, so work just goes in spurts
MiMi
S
Quote:

If you are driving south on 6, it is "near" the Exxon at Rock Prairie.
It's a Kroger gas station now.
BrandoC
AG
I would never stay there. No matter how much money they pump in the place it has to have mold everywhere. Should have knocked it down, started over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.