Tad's

8,746 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MyNameIsJeff
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This thread badly needs the owner or manager of Tad's to show up and defend the place in a fashion similar to a certain quick vehicle inspection business or a former a/c repair business that sold magic oil that changed the laws of thermodynamics.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
phillytex24 said:

The Shrimp Poboy I ate there was amazing! It was enormous too. I recommend that!

Excessive amounts of cheap popcorn shrimp arent gonna change my mind.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
halibut sinclair said:

M Beaux's definitely has the best crawfish in this area. Boiled shrimp is also great. Their fried stuff and some specialty dishes are also very good. They don't have the best gumbo or etouffee, though.
Where's the best gumbo?
Stupe
S
I really miss Hebert's.

I went there three times a week and paid my tab on the first Monday of each month.

A tab that he kept on a note pad with tic marks.
texasaggie2015
AG
This might be a hot take but B/CS really doesn't have any great seafood options. Shipwreck is okay, not great. I've never been to Tad's but have heard not so good things. Maybe I'm spoiled since I grew up on the coast.
halibut sinclair
MyNameIsJeff said:

halibut sinclair said:

M Beaux's definitely has the best crawfish in this area. Boiled shrimp is also great. Their fried stuff and some specialty dishes are also very good. They don't have the best gumbo or etouffee, though.
Where's the best gumbo?
Ragin Cajun or Acme Oyster House in Houston.
Wicked Good Ag
I like Remnants for their gumbo and grilled pork chop while not Cajun is top notch
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

This might be a hot take but B/CS really doesn't have any great seafood options. Shipwreck is okay, not great. I've never been to Tad's but have heard not so good things. Maybe I'm spoiled since I grew up on the coast.

Not great probably but Fish Daddys is a great value w portion sizes, good food, and some of the best most under the radar onion rings in town!
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Stupe said:

I really miss Hebert's.

I went there three times a week and paid my tab on the first Monday of each month.

Herbert's was a staple of my college life. I made up excuses to go to Caldwell when they moved, then went one day and they were gone. Very sad.
chickencoupe16
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Not great probably but Fish Daddys is a great value w portion sizes, good food, and some of the best most under the radar onion rings in town!
Fantastic bread pudding too.
theNetSmith
AG
I've only been to Remnant once, and the boudin balls were almost ice cold in the middle.. as if they had been pulled from the freezer and not reheated well.

Left them a negative review on Google to which they responded that everything they serve is made daily.

A short while back, there was a big stink because the owner was collecting all the tips that the wait staff received. He publicly defended it, but I can't remember what his excuse was.
aught2ag
If I remember correctly he tried to say that he was allowed to since he had to pay CC fees. He was called out by multiple business owners telling him he was completely wrong and practice was dishonest.
ElephantRider
AG
What I heard was that he's paying the staff a higher hourly rate. Started doing it during covid so they didn't have to rely on tips.

Not defending it or anything, just what I heard
histag10
AG
ElephantRider said:

What I heard was that he's paying the staff a higher hourly rate. Started doing it during covid so they didn't have to rely on tips.

Not defending it or anything, just what I heard

I feel like that was part of his argument. And that the waitress who complained knew that going in.

I believe they still got tips, but it was a tip share with everyone equally.
Aggie
AG
Stupe said:

I really miss Hebert's.

Was that the little free standing drive thru only in the old Albertsons off university
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Aggie said:

Stupe said:

I really miss Hebert's.

Was that the little free standing drive thru only in the old Albertsons off university

I've honestly never had better Cajun food. I've eaten a lot. But it was so great. The Boudain was the best. Just everything.
BCSLocal01
We had Tads today. Historically the service is just ok so we usually call in pickup orders. Less of a hassle with all the kids to just take the food home. So we picked up our order and it was good like usual but for the first time ever I took a bite of the shrimp poboy and it had two fish bones?! No fish, just two bones. No fish bones in the rest of the sandwich so not sure what that was about. Will return when we have a shrimp or fried green bean craving. No longer ordering their fried pickles, just taste like oil last few times we've gotten them.
Spouse went to Remnant once, came back sick
Shipwreck is ok but not worth the drive across town
Last time we went to fish daddy's the food just tasted like salt
DimeBox17
AG
I may be in the minority but Fish Daddy's is one of my favorite BCS restaurants. The food is consistently good every time and the service is always great. What's even more appealing about their service is that it's predominantly students or younger folks on the wait staff. I have a great appreciation for young folks who have a high level of customer service and will always tip more than usual.

Edit to add: To tie into the original thread, Tad's has been OK the couple of times I've eaten there and the service has never been horrible but I won't go out of my way to eat there.
halibut sinclair
DimeBox17 said:

I may be in the minority but Fish Daddy's is one of my favorite BCS restaurants. The food is consistently good every time and the service is always great.
Agree about Fish Daddy's. We've never had a bad experience there. The fish tacos are one of those dishes I get a craving for periodically.
ratfacemcdougal
Fish Daddy is like a mini vacation. Sit on the wall closest to Roadhouse, then when you look across to the windows, you just see landscaping, no freeway, no traffic, might see a small bit of cheddars and the food is pretty darn good.
maroon barchetta
ratfacemcdougal said:

Fish Daddy is like a mini vacation. Sit on the wall closest to Roadhouse, then when you look across to the windows, you just see landscaping, no freeway, no traffic, might see a small bit of cheddars and the food is pretty darn good.
Rexter
BCSLocal01 said:

We had Tads today. Historically the service is just ok so we usually call in pickup orders. Less of a hassle with all the kids to just take the food home. So we picked up our order and it was good like usual but for the first time ever I took a bite of the shrimp poboy and it had two fish bones?! No fish, just two bones. No fish bones in the rest of the sandwich so not sure what that was about. Will return when we have a shrimp or fried green bean craving. No longer ordering their fried pickles, just taste like oil last few times we've gotten them.
Spouse went to Remnant once, came back sick
Shipwreck is ok but not worth the drive across town
Last time we went to fish daddy's the food just tasted like salt

You sure you weren't at Cooper's?
el gato18
AG
TaD's was quick and good today for lunch. Not sure if the service issues are just a dinner deal or what.
AgsWin2011
AG
We love Fish Daddy's. When the wife and I were in college, their house margaritas were only $2. Their fish tacos, shrimp cocktail, Mahi Mahi Alexander and sirloin are great. The house salad and hush puppies are pretty good too.

I like the Crawfish Half & Half at Tad's. Very generous portions of crawfish in this dish. The other items I've had from there have just been ok. Their crawfish bisque hit the spot on cold/rainy days.

I like Shipwreck for their etoufee and raw oysters.

I got etoufee at Remnants and it was as good as Campbell's soup. Not good at all. Their boudin balls were amazing though. Best I've ever had. I think this place does fried food better.

Been to Walk-Ons a couple times. Food is average. Think I'd rather go to Tad's honestly.

Razoo's sucks. Went to one in DFW years ago and it was really good. The one here is terrible in my opinion.

All that said, give me Pappadeaux over all of them. Need to try M Beaux I guess.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Fish Daddys queso, onion rings, and firecracker shrimp are phenomenal appetizers
EliteElectric
Razoos is low grade dogfood here. Idk about other locations but this one is not good by even the wildest definition of the term.
ratfacemcdougal
EliteElectric said:

Razoos is low grade dogfood here. Idk about other locations but this one is not good by even the wildest definition of the term.
Caddyshack classic
maroon barchetta
ratfacemcdougal said:

EliteElectric said:

Caddyshack classic

I bet they were something before electricity.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
EliteElectric said:

My last Razoos experience included a waitress with a putty knife and bucket scraping gum off the table next to us.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.