Tad's

8,683 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MyNameIsJeff
Bullpen Chias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another bad experience tonight. I just don't get it. I have been there 5x. The first was a to-go order when they first opened that was outstanding. The 4x since have all been kinda terrible.

Tonight we were seated quickly despite the restaurant being crowded. The waitress was very attentive. The food took over 40 mins to come out (fried catfish plate and fish tacos). The catfish was cold. Like it had been sitting out at my tailgate for an hour kinda taste. Fish tacos were fine but got the wrong side order. Wife finished meal before waitress said "that should be coming soon".

I gently told the waitress about the experience. She was a very sweet girl but certainly not empowered to solve anything. I think I'm done with second chances there. It's a shame, because we really were rooting for it to work.

Am I the only one, or have others had similar experiences?
dr_boogs
AG
Went once, 6 months ago. Thursday evening. Low to medium crowd. We were seated after a 5 minute wait. Tables that weren't seated were all covered in dirty dishes and no bus staff in sight. We sat for 10 minutes and a waitress never came to greet us or take drink/appetizer orders, so we got up and left. Won't go back.
BrandoC
AG
I go there to BS with buddies, drink a few beers and have a pretty decent Po Boy with lots of shrimp in the bar area side of the place. Guess I can't relate.
phatpat21
Me and my wife have been atleast 5 times since December and haven't had a bad experience. It was super crowded one Friday evening, waited awhile to be seated but no other complaints. Our food has always been hot and on timeā€¦never waited more than a couple minutes to order drinks. The food was meh one time in November or December I can't remember exactly but everything has been good since then. We enjoy going there
there were skittles in there!
TyHolden
AG
1860 Italia was way crowded but got in around 8 without reservation. Spent some $$$s but it was worth it.
CollegeStationMaid
I've been twice and it was mediocre. I won't go again
91_Aggie
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

Tonight we were seated quickly despite the restaurant being crowded. The waitress was very attentive. The food took over 40 mins to come out (fried catfish plate and fish tacos). The catfish was cold. Like it had been sitting out at my tailgate for an hour kinda taste. Fish tacos were fine but got the wrong side order. Wife finished meal before waitress said "that should be coming soon".

This was exact experience I had on our 3rd time there. 1st time was bad, 2nd time was ok, but 3rd time was as above and we are done with it.
bushytailed
AG
Put me in the of I've never had a bad experience club. Food, cocktails, and service have always been solid.
ChampsAg
Went with the family and it wasn't a great experience

Went with friend and sat in the bar and it was fine
woodiewood1
Is average at best. Service was good. Tables around us were dirty and no one cleaning them the whole hour we were there. I suspect they, like many if not most restaurants, are short on staff.

Buford T. Justice
AG
I'll just say thisā€¦.I wish that there was a Shipwreck Grill in South College Station.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Went once for a business lunch...got hit on by the waitress and now in my opinion it's the best restaurant in town!
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
I was excited about it, but as weird as it sounds, Walkons is superior. To me it seems that they are just doing the bare minimum and phoning it in.
Bunk Moreland
Nothing weird about it at all. Walk Ons is well run and has good food... Tad's has a few good plates and is not well run
Aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Went once for a business lunch...got hit on by the waitress and now in my opinion it's the best restaurant in town!

That's what they do to get a tipā€¦ strippers don't care about your kids either

You're welcome for the advice
Aggie
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

I'll just say thisā€¦.I wish that there was a Shipwreck Grill in South College Station.

I'll just say thisā€¦.you could just drive the 15 minutes to Shipwreck
histag10
AG
Aggie said:

Buford T. Justice said:

I'll just say thisā€¦.you could just drive the 15 minutes to Shipwreck

I feel like it takes more than 15 minutes to get from south college station to shipwreck
ElephantRider
AG
Went onceā€¦great service, awful food
Buford T. Justice
AG
Years ago, I lived in Bryan and did not drive to south College Station for anything.
woodiewood1
Buford T. Justice said:

Years ago, I lived in Bryan and did not drive to south College Station for anything.
Years ago, what was in South College station?
befitter
We have been twice. When I ordered a shrimp salad at lunch and the shrimp was the little bitty frozen shrimp one buys in the frozen section in Nebraska......we said enough was enough.
Broncos
BrandoC said:

I go there to BS with buddies, drink a few beers and have a pretty decent Po Boy with lots of shrimp in the bar area side of the place. Guess I can't relate.

I'll echo this. Good spot for some cold beer and pretty good food. I will say I've always sat on the bar side so maybe it's a different experience on the restaurant side?
schoeljo
We've given them two or three tries now and I'm done with them. We had a large group lunch there recently. Due to the size, they tagged on the automatic 20% tip. Waitress didn't deserve 20% and instead gave us about 10% service. I ordered the blackened chicken Caesar salad. The chicken was bland and not blackened at all. No croutons. The Parmesan cheese they put on it was the grated kind like what you get out of a Kraft bottle at the store. The only thing I've had there that's been good is the fried shrimp. Everything else isn't worth the cost or poor service. Won't be going back.
chickencoupe16
AG
Put me in the "won't go back" category. We've been three times and eaten there twice. Never thought the food was anything special and the service has always been lackluster. I wanted it to be good but it just isn't.
JMac03
AG
While I haven't been lately, we have been lots of times and never had a bad experience. Most of the time overall it is pretty good.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Our experiences at both Tad's and Walk Ons have been completely average, at best. I will go to Shipwreck or M-Beaux if I really want Cajun/seafood.
Aggie
AG

I have really wanted to like Tads but each trip has been less than mediocre and I'm past the point of returning again. Gave them at least half a dozen tries.

Walkons.. meh. Pretty much all fried options and honestly food is just not very good , again probably past the point of returning there also
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Not making excuses but I think bad service is more common these days. Lack of labor and management on site is showing up on the service side.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Got crawfish bisque to go. There were maybe 2 crawfish in it. It used to have a good amount.
woodiewood1
MyNameIsJeff said:

Our experiences at both Tad's and Walk Ons have been completely average, at best. I will go to Shipwreck or M-Beaux if I really want Cajun/seafood.
M-Beaux is by far the best if you have the time to go.
aggies4life
AG
Tried remnant of nawlins in Bryan for the first time. The owner is from New Orleans, super nice guy. The food was great too and it's byob
TXAGBQ76
AG
Tell me about M Breaux please?
MyNameIsJeff
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Tell me about M Breaux please?
https://www.mbeauxs.com/

Head out on Hwy 30, go south on 244 when you get to Carlos, and it's about halfway to Anderson from there. It's the best Cajun/seafood in the area, IMO.
halibut sinclair
M Beaux's definitely has the best crawfish in this area. Boiled shrimp is also great. Their fried stuff and some specialty dishes are also very good. They don't have the best gumbo or etouffee, though.
phillytex24
The Shrimp Poboy I ate there was amazing! It was enormous too. I recommend that!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.