Negative ads on Kyle Kacal..

12,868 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ragnar Danneskjoldd
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TAMU1990 said:

Kacal is ranked as one of the most liberal republicans in the house. For him representing a rural district that matters. No Texas rural Republican should be on this list.
Did Ben Bius' campaign provide that ranking? Since you didn't provide any other source...
NRA Life
TSRA Life
75AG
AG
I tried to point out that before trumpism overtook my party, there was no such thing as a "liberal" Republican. Unfortunately, the mods decided to take down my post. But the point remains, and I know of no list.

[All opinions are welcome but we require posters to be respectful on this board. We took down your post because we do not allow insulting terms or posts on this forum and you have been on here long enough to know that. We also removed the post that responded to you with a derogatory term. -Staff]
GSS
75AG said:

I tried to point out that before trumpism overtook my party, there was no such thing as a "liberal" Republican. Unfortunately, the mods decided to take down my post. But the point remains, and I know of no list.
This was true then, and still is to thinking people:

"The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally not a 20 percent traitor."

Ronald Reagan
NRA Life
TSRA Life
cavscout96
AG
75AG said:

False

The RINO term preceeded Trump by a wide margin

Regardless, and to pull in a little of GSS previous comment.

80% of team red is no different than team blue and vice versa.

If you think either of them has your best interests at heart, you've been duped.

20% (maybe) of either side are actually "true believers." Most are seduced by their perceived power and are way more interested in maintaining it than actually working in accordance with their party's espoused positions or the campaign promises they made to their constituents.
cavscout96
AG
RINO has been use since Taft was in office and to categorize anyone who's ever uttered the term as fringe or far right is pretty obtuse.

I can't say whether Kacal is a "RINO" or not, but his positions on the calendar committee, dem chairmen in a rep held house, and taking a soft line on the dems who fled to avoid a quorum are not very endearing to conservative voters.

if "your party" is the one that goes along to get along and doesn't make waves to maintain it's own political stature and power, then it might be best if it is indeed dead and buried.
cavscout96
AG
GSS said:

TAMU1990 said:

Kacal is ranked as one of the most liberal republicans in the house. For him representing a rural district that matters. No Texas rural Republican should be on this list.
Did Ben Bius' campaign provide that ranking? Since you didn't provide any other source...
not sure if anyone answered your question, but most of the rankings I've seen came from Texans for Fiscal Responsibility and Young Conservatives of Texas.

of course, how much stock you put in those is your call
GSS
Rather than be "ranked", maybe the best method is to review the voting record.
Kacal voting history
NRA Life
TSRA Life
cavscout96
AG
You asked the question. I just answered it.

If you don't agree with them, your call. No skin off my back.

Stupe
S
I'm looking at Kacal's voting record and there isn't much that I would disagree with concerning his votes.

Stupe
S
And this thread is about Bius and Kacal.

It's not necessary to derail every local election into Trump Republicans vs Anti-Trump Republicans.

Mmetag10
AG
Personally im just tired of the absolute carpet bombing of ads ive had in my mailbox from Kacal. I swear ive never received so much stuff from one candidate in my life. Makes me not want to vote for him on that alone.
Bucketrunner
Are you ok with voter registration the day of the election? That may be a deal killer for me
75AG
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Are you ok with voter registration the day of the election? That may be a deal killer for me
If you can prove who you are, why is that a deal-killer?
GSS
Bucketrunner said:

Other than Bius claiming Kacal voted for this, is there any documented action regarding this proposal?
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Bucketrunner
Actually there is, but I'm not going to debate his campaign
Stupe
S
Providing proof is not debating.

You said it. Provide proof of your statement.
Bucketrunner

histag10
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Why is that a deal killer? Last year I got to vote on a ton of College Station stuff because the state hadn't processed my new registration that I sent in 3 months prior with a change of address to Bryan. At the polling place, they couldn't change it, and said I would just be able to vote for all the college station bonds and officials.
Bucketrunner
I think it makes it way too easy to have systematic fraudulent voting. I want every eligible voter to vote, but I want to know that they are truly eligible citizens.
histag10
AG
Bucketrunner said:

I think it makes it way too easy to have systematic fraudulent voting. I want every eligible voter to vote, but I want to know that they are truly eligible citizens.

They still have to show valid ID, and I would assume entering that info at location would bring up any issues. They don't just look at the ID and let them vote. They still have to register them in the state's system. This hopefully would cut down on the backlog issues experienced during the last election cycle.
Hornbeck
I'm of the opinion that Bius and Kacal are basically the same guy with regards to my day to day life.
TAMU1990
AG
GSS said:

TAMU1990 said:

Texas Scorecard
O.G.
cavscout96 said:

75AG said:

False

The RINO term preceeded Trump by a wide margin

Regardless, and to pull in a little of GSS previous comment.

80% of team red is no different than team blue and vice versa.

If you think either of them has your best interests at heart, you've been duped.

20% (maybe) of either side are actually "true believers." Most are seduced by their perceived power and are way more interested in maintaining it than actually working in accordance with their party's espoused positions or the campaign promises they made to their constituents.
Exactly. That claim is wildly false.

If you don't think there were liberal republicans before Trump, its because you ARE a liberal republican.
75AG
AG
[You have been on this board long enough to know that we do not allow insulting posts. -Staff]
O.G.
[Same message. -Staff]
MsDoubleD81
AG
I don't know enough about either, but I'm so tired of my mailbox being flooded by Buis with negative campaign mailers. Holding all of them to mail back to him when he looses saying "nanapoopoo" I think I'll write in Donald Duck!
Bucketrunner
How are you missing the deluge from Kacal as well? Both of them are killing trees at a record pace.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I'm only getting them from Buis and I'm not even sure they're on my ballot!
Buford T. Justice
AG
In my opinion, Kacal's ads do not do him any favors or provide any advantage.
Brian Alg
Abbott announced his support for school choice. I hope this means polling is showing that Kacal's position on education is a loser. I can't vote for Bius, but I hope he wins based on this one issue.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/10/abbott-public-education-vouchers-school-choice/
Brian Alg

Brazos Coalition for Responsible Government
BluHorseShu
AG
Brian Alg said:

Abbott announced his support for school choice. I hope this means polling is showing that Kacal's position on education is a loser. I can't vote for Bius, but I hope he wins based on this one issue.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/10/abbott-public-education-vouchers-school-choice/
School choice sounds great…But who do you think is going to fund any shortfall for the public school funding Abbott claims won't exist? This is going to hurt those rural public schools ….which are usually R voters
Brian Alg
To make sure I am understanding the problem correctly: is it your assumption that rural public schools will lose funding because people will stop sending their kids to them?
Brian Alg

Brazos Coalition for Responsible Government
cavscout96
AG
I think the school choice crowd is more likely in your metro and suburban areas.

That's just a gut feeling though. I'd guess most rural folks are pretty happy with their small town schools especially since they have a more personal connection with board, admin, and teachers.
BluHorseShu
AG
cavscout96 said:

I think the school choice crowd is more likely in your metro and suburban areas.

That's just a gut feeling though. I'd guess most rural folks are pretty happy with their small town schools especially since they have a more personal connection with board, admin, and teachers.
Good point…So I'm guessing they wouldn't care one way or the other about vouchers since they wouldn't be likely to use them
cavscout96
AG
Yes. I think you see the big push against "vouchers" from bigger districts because they are the most likely to see folks bail for private / homes school
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.