F3 - Free Men's Bootcamp workout - coming to College Station!

12,052 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by jac4
nosoupforyou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey guys - I live in West Houston and about a year ago I was invited by a friend to get up early and come join the group for a workout. I declined... too early.

Then in a few months later, my buddy hit me up to come out on a Saturday am when they meet at 6:30. I had nothing going on so I said, sure.. I'll come.. and haven't looked back.

Since then , F3 has gone from 3 groups in the Katy region to 19!
And to top it we now have started up a group in College Station!!

Here's what it's about:

• men only
  • always free - it's volunteer lead each time
  • meets in public locations, rain or shine
  • no equipment involved - simply bring water and gloves
  • each group has 10-20 guys - when they get up to 30, they split and add a new location
  • there are some groups that meet and do Sandbag/Ruck work as bonus

There are about 40 groups that meet all over Houston, and over 3,200 groups that meet across the USA every week.
Each workout is lead by a different attendee and unique to keep it fresh and fun - think burpees, pushups, sit-ups, then run across the parking lot and do dips and calf raises on the curb, then run around a cone and do mountain climbers and bear crawls, etc - 45 minute workouts that usually start at 5:30 am weekdays and 6:30 am on Saturdays. Maybe in B/CS you guys would start at 6:00 on weekdays and 6:30 on weekends?
This is not CrossFit - it's regular guys meeting up 3-4 times a week.

F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith. www.F3Nation.com or www.F3Katy.com to see more.

Ask me any questions you might have- I'd love to encourage others to join us out there.

Also - you can shoot an email to F3Aggieland@gmail.com and we will get you on the Band app we use to communicate updates. WE HAVE ALREDY MET SEVERAL TIMES AND MEET THIS SATURDAY at Wolf Pen Creek at 6:30!
jac4
AG
Interested.

Following this thread.

BryanAggie2013
AG
Interested, but will have to know the schedule a little better before committing. How can I get signed up for updates?
nosoupforyou
AG
BryanAggie2013 said:

Interested, but will have to know the schedule a little better before committing. How can I get signed up for updates?
awesome

Thinking it will be starting on Saturday's for a period of time to feel it out - most groups meet 3-4 times per week

send me an email at F3Katy@Gmail and I'll add you to the Informational Group on Band that we started.

UPDATE! We now have F3Aggieland@gmail.com

Please shoot an email there and we will make sure you get connected in to learn more.
jac4
AG
We are still compiling interest. Contact us at the email above to get connected. Hopefully we will kick things off in the next few weeks.
Wotto
AG
Count me in. My dad bod could use a good Will-Smithing.
JarAG2007
AG
Where would this boot camp take place in College Station? Thanks
nosoupforyou
AG
JarAG2007 said:

Where would this boot camp take place in College Station? Thanks
we are not sure on location just yet - asking the guys currently committed where they live and going from there

Will meet on Saturdays only for a few weeks to get started - so far 12 guys are already in so working on a coffee/lunch plan as a first step.

Email us at F3Aggieland@gmail.com and we'll get you plugged in!

OnlyForNow
AG
A little bird told me about this thread...

So I can attest to the awesomeness that is F3.

If you've gone to the link and watched the video, great you sort of know what is below; if not be prepared... It's not a salesman pitch, it's just adult life for lots of people.

Personal Story
This was me last year - I'm 36, had two kids, great job, all the normal adult stuff, but pretty much let myself go athletically. My boss was then diagnosed with brain cancer and unfortunately lost his fight in early May. So my world got flipped around pretty good as we're a very small office. I was in a bad rut of what's best described as malaise, and I knew I needed a change.

A thread on the Houston Board had already peeked my interest about F3, and with my boss's passing I wanted to make a change in my life, so I decided to show up for a workout. I did not know ANYONE at the workout - which does make it a little weird for about 5 mins... but there were 19 other men who came with the same purpose, to workout and beat the sad clown (you'll learn more about this later, as I did) out of themselves. Let's just say that even though I got completely and utterly beaten and broken by the workout. There were lots of weird names (for both people and exercises), acronyms, and just all around an awesome group of men - so I came back Thursday at 0515 in the morning to do it again. And I've never really looked back. I now post 2-3 times per week, running 2-3 miles before each 45 to 60 min workout.

Short version...
The workouts (we call em beatdowns) are designed to be hard work using little more than your own body weight most of the time. I started my F3 journey last year in May, and have had a blast.
F3 is designed to now only be fitness but also fill in some gaps in male friendship that may have faded since life has gotten in the way of things. It also promotes, as said above, male community leadership - and if anyone can do this well, it is Aggies.

There are a group of us that are active in F3Katy and F3Houston that are going to try and figure out the details (where/when) and start date and some of that will allow us to be in CS when things start so we can help lead workouts. Normally the workouts are early in the morning, before work, with weekend workouts being a little later. But in reality, it's up to the guys who are in the area to figure out what works best for them. If that's a 0500 kick off, cool; if it is a 0600 start time so be it. My home base starts an optional run at 0445 and the main workout starts 0515, Tuesdays and Thursdays; Saturdays the run starts at 0530 and the workout starts at 0600.

I hope to be one of the men that get to come up and lead (Q) a workout for whoever shows up and help pave the next 43 feet.
nosoupforyou
AG
Aye!

So glad you responded to the original post and I can attemst to the impact F3 has had for you - and also the impact you have had on the men of F3.

Make sure I know when you do your Anniversary Q.. (Q means you lead the workout that day) I'll take out a home loan, fill up the gas tank, and drive out to deep Katy where you post and be there with you!
OnlyForNow
AG
May 18th!
Justin2010
AG
I looked this up in fort worth... Had never heard of them before. But I'll be giving it a shot in a couple weeks.

Thanks for sharing! Cool idea.
nosoupforyou
AG
Justin2010 said:

I looked this up in fort worth... Had never heard of them before. But I'll be giving it a shot in a couple weeks.

Thanks for sharing! Cool idea.

I've been out there to the group in Fort Worth… Great guys… I was on the road at a conference… It's very encouraged anytime you are on the road to try to find a local F3 group and jump in.

F3DFW has a cool website that you can use to connect with the guys and make sure you're going to the best location… Encourage you to do a search for it and hit them up!
nosoupforyou
nosoupforyou
AG
Someone made this cool promo video!

https://fb.watch/c87plvq_8J/
jac4
AG
We are hosting an informational dinner tomorrow and hope to do our first workout on 4/23. Send us an e-mail to F3Aggieland (at) gmail.com if you are interested and we can fill in the details.
jac4
AG
ttt

We have our first workout scheduled for Saturday 4/23 at 6:30 am! Email us at the address above to get plugged in.
Gomer95
AG
Awesome! I go to one in Aledo just West of Fort Worth and there are some in Fort Worth, Benbrook, Aledo, and now Weatherford and yes they are really cool and hey I'm almost 49 and you don't have to kill it in everything you can do it at your own speed and it's just a good way to exercise and meet some great folks in your area and when you go to to other cities you can participate in theirs if you want to. Glad one is coming to CS!
jac4
AG

Had a great time yesterday. Most of the local group that showed up heard about it from this thread. A number of Ags and non Ags showed up from Katy and the Woodlands to help us get started.

It sucked, it was amazing. See y'all next week!
jac4
AG

I'm struggling to post a picture through Imgur, even though I did last week. Maybe someone can help me out.

We met again on 4/30 for our second "off the books" workout in Aggieland. We had a great group, 24 guys, with 8 being FNG (friendly new guys). It has been a lot of fun and we are all excited about the future of the group.

We will be getting together again on Saturday 5/7 at 6:30 am. Location is still somewhat TBD. From the Houston/Katy/Woodlands experience, most groups meet at public parks or churches. We are still looking for a permanent home. Anyone with church connections, please email us well.

Email F3Aggieland (at) gmail (dot) com to get plugged in with us.
nosoupforyou
AG
I got you brother - 24 on Saturday - 2 guys left before the pic but what a great day again!!

Y'all come out!

nosoupforyou
AG
Another great Saturday morning workout - our new home is at Wolf Pen Creek! Y'all come out on Saturday at 6:30!

nosoupforyou
AG
23 guys yesterday including 3 that just walked in since they were out for a run that morning already

Questions? email us at F3Aggieland@gmail.com or see our phase 1 of the website F3Aggieland.com!

nosoupforyou
AG

jac4
AG
We will be back at Wolf Pen Creek Park at 6:30 am on Saturday. It has been cool getting to know guys from texags at these workouts.
OnlyForNow
AG
Well I hope Aggieland is ready. I've got the Q (leader of the workout) Saturday at 0630.

The workout is held at Wolf Pen Creek Park, 2275 Dartmouth, on Saturdays it is a 1 hour workout.

It's FREE and open to all men, held outdoors rain or shine, led by the attendees in a rotating fashion once the individual is ready.

If you want to see what it's all about, please come out and join us. It's a hard workout (mixed HIT style), but we push through it together and come out the other side better than we entered.

SYITG!
(see you in the gloom - ya know because we meet really early in the morning).
nosoupforyou
AG
28 guys today!! Y'all come visit next Saturday at 6:30 at Wolf Pen Creek!
We also are meeting Tue/Thu at 5:30.

nosoupforyou
AG
Biggest news of the day.. F3 Aggieland is launching on August 13!!

Y'all come on out anytime and then come join about 100 others on this special day!!

jac4
AG
TTT

We'd love to have you out for our launch.

Saturday August 13, 6:30 am. Wolf Pen Creek festival site. See the slide above.

email F3Aggieland(@)gmail.com for more information.

Check out our website as well.
https://f3aggieland.com/

We had 2 guys on TexAgs radio today. I will try to post a link when it is available.
saysomethin
AG
Heard about this today on Texags radio. Looked up a few San Antonio spots and am going to go tomorrow. So you just show up at said time? That's it?

www.absarokabeartooth.com
jac4
AG
saysomethin said:

Heard about this today on Texags radio. Looked up a few San Antonio spots and am going to go tomorrow. So you just show up at said time? That's it?

I've never been to any SA locations, so I don't exactly know. In general, you should be able to show up at the time and location and let the guys know it's your first time. Bring water and gloves.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Look us up in Aggieland if you are here for a football game!
nosoupforyou
AG
I look forward to you responding back and letting us know how it goes!

https://f3alamo.com/

saysomethin
AG
Great morning. Great guys. Tough workout. Glad I went and will be back Friday. I bet this really takes off in College Station after the hit on Texags yesterday.
www.absarokabeartooth.com
cgarcia23147
Love to see what Aggieland is doing. I won't be able to make the Launch this weekend. My son has his first HS scrimmage. Look forward to getting up there soon!

Hops
F3 Katy - The Station

p.s. - if anyone is looking to get involved in the Katy area we'd love to have you!
ChAg1799
AG
I am realty excited about hitting up a Saturday AM BD before games when I am out that way... hope y'all are ready for launch size groups on game days.

HOPS is always recruiting... he'd make a fine addition to Jimbo's crew.

Gig'em - Tap from the Station - in Katy.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.