College Station Police exchange area

1,965 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dubi
BMo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know if a firearm exchange is acceptable at the police station exchange area?
oklaunion
They discourage it for some reason.
littlebitofhifi
AG
The signs posted at the exchange specifically prohibit firearm sales/exchanges.
BMo
littlebitofhifi said:

The signs posted at the exchange specifically prohibit firearm sales/exchanges.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Appreciate it.
BMo
I thought they might but thought I would see if anyone knew for sure and they did.
dubi
AG
We do it in the parking lot by champion firearms and always have an armed friend standing by.
BMo
Good idea.
Alte Schule
Over the years I have sold several firearms through TexAgs Classifieds. I feel that any member with or without an AgTag has been vetted. After emails and texts are exchanged I have a lot of the buyers information.
As both Academy and Champion sell firearms I do exchanges at either location. Have done this many many times w/o a problem.
MisterShipWreck
Alte Schule said:

Over the years I have sold several firearms through TexAgs Classifieds. I feel that any member with or without an AgTag has been vetted. After emails and texts are exchanged I have a lot of the buyers information.
As both Academy and Champion sell firearms I do exchanges at either location. Have done this many many times w/o a problem.
Yes indeed
Love Gun
dubi said:

We do it in the parking lot by champion firearms and always have an armed friend standing by.
You can do it anywhere. It's 100% legal as long as the owner of the property has no issue with it and it isn't a restricted area for guns (i.e. 51% establishments, etc.) Still, I recommend doing it outdoors and in a lit area visible to the public. That's just common sense. You don't need an armed guard or a second person in most cases. Carry your own firearm to defend yourself with if need be. You can do that now. Hello, Constitutional Carry!

I've met folks at my house, their house, the Home Depot parking lot, gas stations, car washes during rainy days, etc. It's basically wherever both parties are most comfortable. Not once have I met anyone at this "Exchange Zone", but would if they insisted. If they want to swap guns there, it's not allowed. Find a solid Plan B that makes them comfortable.

Doesn't matter if we're exchanging guns, game tickets or computer monitors. You have to have a certain level of trust with people that you develop on here and through phone/email communication. Everyone I've done business with on here have been 100% solid people. Hopefully, your Spidey senses would kick in ahead of meeting a sketch person.
**** Joe Biden
dubi
AG
I do it there for the cameras.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.