Headstone

1,924 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JR Ewing
michellecan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody set headstone's? Asking for a friend. She got someone to make the headstone a heck of alot cheaper than anywhere around here. Now she needs somebody to set it that doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

TIA
happyinBCS
Watson, curious as to where she bought it Watson set both of my parent's headstones (both Veterans so no charge) for the headstones but I did buy a bench from them, and he had the best price by far. the problem your friend might have is they are very heavy so would have to be shipped to the installer.
BCSWguru
How big is this stone? Where will it be set? I know people that do this, just need a few details.
michellecan
It's a simple flat headstone. So it won't be too heavy. It will be in the new CS cemetery. Not sure who she's buying from.

Who is Watson?
BCSWguru
michellecan said:

It's a simple flat headstone. So it won't be too heavy. It will be in the new CS cemetery. Not sure who she's buying from.

Who is Watson?

Watson Monument in Wellborn.

Flat markers are a lot easier to set, could probably do it yourself if it's not too heavy.
Independence H-D
LSCSN said:

michellecan said:

Who is Watson?

Flat markers are a lot easier to set, could probably do it yourself if it's not too heavy.

Met Tony Watson a couple of weeks ago and visited his business this week. Quality guy and quality business. If nothing else, he can point you in the right direction. 979-696-0800.
GoodOleBryanBoy
Watson Monuments is the best in town. Quality work. Tony will shoot you straight and give you the best options.
michellecan
I didn't know you could set it yourself
BCSWguru
Depends on what you want to do... as long as you adhere to the cemetery rules and regulations, you should be able to do so.

Do you have dimensions? Is it a double stone? Military?
EvenPar
AG
michellecan said:

I didn't know you could set it yourself

You can't - CoCS won't allow it. They have a $100 fee and they have to approve the company installing. They also have to approve any stone before ordering/installation. Stones need to be aligned correctly and given the proper foundation.
BCSWguru
You can't even die in CS without getting hammered with fees and taxes. Sweet deal.
KaneIsAble
AG
I laughed so hard at that comment; that's just funny
MiMi
S
Quote:

They also have to approve any stone before ordering/installation.
Both my parents are are buried at the CS cemetery and we never had to get approval from the city for their headstones prior to ordering or installation. This was 2007 and 2018, so policy may have changed since then.
ukbb2003
MiMi said:

Quote:

They also have to approve any stone before ordering/installation.
Both my parents are are buried at the CS cemetery and we never had to get approval from the city for their headstones prior to ordering or installation. This was 2007 and 2018, so policy may have changed since then.

Gotta pay for that new city hall somehow.
JR Ewing
AG
Independence H-D said:

LSCSN said:

michellecan said:

Who is Watson?

Met Tony Watson a couple of weeks ago and visited his business this week. Quality guy and quality business. If nothing else, he can point you in the right direction. 979-696-0800.

Tony is good people...you can't go wrong with him. He is a true professional.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.