Slowest pharmacy in BCS

2,733 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BrazosBull
Bad Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there a slower place than the walgreens on boonville to pick up a prescription? Holy smokes. Need a new drive thru pharmacy. Need suggestions in Bryan.
Sleepnumber
AG
Don't go there unless you've got a lot of time on your hands. It's awful.
duffelpud
AG
The Whataburger of pharmacies.
"What's this button do?"
halibut sinclair
duffelpud said:

We used to be at Kroger across the street. It's worse. We use that Walgreens now. Its not that bad to me. If you want efficiency, use Village Foods.
happyinBCS
HEB is the best pharmacy hands down
FlyRod
I like Scott & White. There's an old pharmacist there who reminds me of Mr. Gower from It's A Wonderful Life.
CN
Is it worse than the one in Rock Prairie?
Rapier108
Most of the delay, if you're talking about the drive through, is people doing the coronavirus tests.
aggiemom89
When I picked up there on Monday it took me 30 minutes. The girl said they were short staffed.
Jinx
The one on 29th & Briarcrest... and the inside line is the covid tests. We had so many problems with that one prior to covid, it's just an extremely busy one due to 24hrs I guess.
75AG
AG
It takes time to count by 5's
cz308
CN said:

Can't imagine another in town could be worse than Rock Prairie. Was decent when it was two lanes, now the line just starts to wrap around the side of the building. I also don't know why EVERYONE has to go to lunch at the same time in the pharmacy.
KC_Ag14
AG
Bad Poster said:

Is there a slower place than the walgreens on boonville to pick up a prescription? Holy smokes. Need a new drive thru pharmacy. Need suggestions in Bryan.
Worst pharmacy in Aggieland, and it's not close.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Well at least they aren't sending random refill requests to random doctors. I got a message that my rx was ready. I didn't have any prescriptions with refills. They sent request to a doctor that I no longer use. And the doctor sent the refill. I told Walgreens to send the prescriptions back.
aggiepaintrain
AG
cz308 said:

CN said:

Can't imagine another in town could be worse than Rock Prairie. Was decent when it was two lanes, now the line just starts to wrap around the side of the building. I also don't know why EVERYONE has to go to lunch at the same time in the pharmacy.

assuming they open on time
maroon barchetta
FlyRod said:

I like Scott & White. There's an old pharmacist there who reminds me of Mr. Gower from It's A Wonderful Life.

Didn't Mr. Gower show up drunk and nearly poison a kid?
FlyRod
To be fair his son had just died in a…global pandemic.
deh40
AG
CVS on Rock Prairie is awful too. HEB has been my best experience.
Rex Racer
AG
Bad Poster said:

Yes, the Walgreens on E. 29th is slower than that one!
happyinBCS
befitter
Walgreens at Fitch is no better
Love Gun
****, people. It's faster by going inside. Park and take breather. Buy a six pack while you're at it. Relax.
**** Joe Biden
cz308
Love Gun said:

****, people. It's faster by going inside. Park and take breather. Buy a six pack while you're at it. Relax.
Yeah ok. When the lines outside are 8 cars deep, and the inside is 7 to 9 standing with one person working, inside doesn't move much faster.
Love Gun
cz308 said:

Love Gun said:

Yeah ok. When the lines outside are 8 cars deep, and the inside is 7 to 9 standing with one person working, inside doesn't move much faster.

Don't blame me. Picking pharmacies is a choice.
**** Joe Biden
AggiePhil
AG
Dropped Walgreen's like a bad habit due to this about a year ago. Much happier at my new place. Not saying where though cause I don't want everyone else coming over too.
Bad Poster
cz308 said:

Love Gun said:

Leaving my kid in the car for 30 minutes while I try to pick up my prescription is too stressful… drive thru is only option for me
Love Gun
Maybe I'm misinformed because I get my medication from the VA, and my wife and youngin gets theirs from a pharmacy already listed on this thread.

What's the difference between getting your prescriptions now in 2022 then you did in 2002? More places popped up, and they added drive thrus. I just don't remember this being much of a problem 20 years ago.

Too many people have that "Woe is me" mentality about the dumbest things these days.
**** Joe Biden
MiMi
S
I use the Scott&White pharmacy on Arrington Road for most of my family's prescriptions. Always very efficient service and speed (drive thru and inside). I do have to use the Walgreens at Fitch for some meds (asthma inhalers) due to some arrangement with my prescription insurance plan (Express Scripts thru TAMU) making it cheaper and preferable to use Walgreens. My husband picks those refills up and hasn't complained of an excessive wait time.
montegobay
Scott and White Arrington is the best. On the weekends, it's a ghost town.
Txmoe
AG
CVS on Rock Prairie could have 75 people behind the counter but there'll never be more than 1 register open at a time.
woodiewood1
Too much competition in this town to put up with consistently poor service.

I use S/W Pharmacy near Univ Drive because it's close in to where I live. I have never used the drive through. I like it all on my the S/W website. I like that they call ahead on any refill needs and have it ready when I walk in.

Been using them for a couple of decades and it works for me. Never had an issue.
doubledog
duffelpud said:

Good (fast) food is worth waiting for...
BrazosBull
AG
I will never understand this. The pharmacy is the most profitable and highest margin department in the store. One would think they would do everything to make the pick up experience fast and convenient. But this issue seems common in almost every drug store
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.