Tom Light sold

4,075 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by techno-ag
BMo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keating Auto Group bought another one.

"Keating Auto Group also purchased Tom Light Chevrolet in Bryan from brothers Tim Light and Tom Light, which will now go by Aggieland Chevrolet."

Article
AgsWin2011
AG
Maybe they won't suck anymore. (don't ban me bro)

I walked in a few years back and test drove a truck. I really liked it and was ready to discuss numbers. They came in with the first set of numbers and tried to force me to sign. It was a terrible deal all the way around so I politely said we'd have to do a lot better than that. He scoffed and thanked me for coming. I've bought vehicles before and played the damn game. I'm not ever signing the first offer they show me.

I got up and left expecting to get a phone call within a day or so. Nothing. Went to a Ford dealership to test drive an F150 and the rest is history.

Hopefully they run a better service. The last bunch didn't even try.
BMo
We aren't Chevy drivers but did buy a couple back in the mid 2000s and it wasn't bad then. Keating bought Douglass Nissan and that is where we have traded for a number of years now. I'm wondering if they own more than 3 of the local dealers.
Bad Poster
Chevy's interior is getting left in the dust compared to doddge/ram and ford.
jello123
Their website states the local dealerships owned by Keating Auto Group are: CS Ford/Lincoln, Mercedes Benz of CS, CS Hyundai, BMW of CS and Aggieland Chevrolet. WOW!
BMo
jello123 said:

Their website states the local dealerships owned by Keating Auto Group are: CS Ford/Lincoln, Mercedes Benz of CS, CS Hyundai, BMW of CS and Aggieland Chevrolet. WOW!
So with the Nissan Dealer that makes 6. Wow indeed. I didn't realize all the others.
MisterShipWreck
MisterShipWreck
Yes, when they bought the Nissan dealership, I guessed and asked. Based on the names of each one, I figured they were all owned by the same dealer.

I personally liked Douglas Nissan a little better, but they are okay.

And yea - my one experience at the Chevy place in Bryan never had me going back. They would not make any deals at all. I new what MSRP and the average price was. When I told them what I was willing to pay, they told me they had nothing on the lot for me in that price range... Which, was a lie if they were willing to sell what other places would sell for.

Never been back after that
legalbird
Avoid the dealers with add-ons.

Tint
Paint Insurance
Interior Protection
Nitrogen in Tires
ETC

Super unethical. Poor salesman said "value added because customers liked it"

Was seeing $1500 to $2000 in mark-ups in College Station/Bryan. Always try to do business local, but in these cases, find a ride to Houston if you need a car.

Went 100 miles out of town to buy car. Zero add-ons.

bcstx06
This guy names all of his dealerships after the city they are in except for the ones he buys in Bryan. How much do you want to bet he will soon close this location and build a new Chevy dealership in College Station naming it College Station Chevy.

I have never seen a one owner of nearly every dealership in a community.
textar4404
Douglass was a great dealership and family. Was sad when they sold, but happy to see them building a new dealership.
Donny Hall
I've always had good experiences with sales and service over there. Henry G is my go to.

As long as you drive what you like, that's all that matters.

Since 20 my truck value went up and now the same model and options in 2022 is 25k more. I'm just glad I bought when I did.
BMo
textar4404 said:

Douglass was a great dealership and family. Was sad when they sold, but happy to see them building a new dealership.
Agreed. It appears they are also into development now.
Kbeauty63
AG
Sad to hear TL was sold. Personally had great experience buying current vehicle & Cole is my go-to in Service. Will be interesting to see what changes.
AggiePhil
AG
One of my neighbors works there. Said there has been a lot of house cleaning going on since the buyout. Might be a good thing. He's still there.
Buford T. Justice
AG
When you build a car dealership empire like Keating is doing, and in consideration of the number of dealerships that he will now have in College Station….why would you not build one service center that can accommodate all of the brands that you sell? As compared to the old/current model of each dealership having their own service department?

Interesting situation. Never thought that I would be playing fantasy car dealer on TexAgs.
BMo
AggiePhil said:

One of my neighbors works there. Said there has been a lot of house cleaning going on since the buyout. Might be a good thing. He's still there.
Did the same thing at the Nissan dealer. I know a couple of folks that work(ed) there as well but I don't know their status at this point.
techno-ag
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

When you build a car dealership empire like Keating is doing, and in consideration of the number of dealerships that he will now have in College Station….why would you not build one service center that can accommodate all of the brands that you sell? As compared to the old/current model of each dealership having their own service department?

Interesting situation. Never thought that I would be playing fantasy car dealer on TexAgs.
For one thing, dealers have to play by the car company rules. Toyota for instance requires a separate dealership for Lexus.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.