Best local tailor?

1,700 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Carny89
texAZtea
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've looked online at reviews for local tailors but I wanted to get TexAg's opinion.

I would like to get a pair of jeans made out of a specific weight and weave of denim made from a specific quality of yarn in a specific fit because I'm convinced that all of these put together would be the perfect pair of jeans for me. The combination doesn't exist in any store I have found.

Has anyone asked a local tailor to make jeans for them? How did it go? How much did it cost?
EBrazosAg
AG
I got no idea if he does jeans - but I'd wait till Bobby Garia makes one of his 2x yearly trips to BCS and get them from him if he does.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
texAZtea
AG
Who is Bobby Garia?
Monywolf
texAZtea said:

Who is Bobby Garia?
He's a tailor from Thailand. He does good work.
EBrazosAg
AG
If you have to askā€¦ you aren't paying attention
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HoopsAg
Had good success with this place down at the Fairfield outlet in Cypress. It's a little bit of a drive from BCS but they did a good job.

The Workshop Tailors
Fairfield Town Center
28920 US-290 Suite H07, Cypress, TX 77433

You can copy and paste this link to set an appointment: Appointments: theworkshoptailors.com
Tibbers
I hear there's this guy named Garak that's supposed to be a great tailor.
texAZtea
AG
My first thought was this was some kind of joke I'm not getting, but he has a facebook that has a bunch of pictures of suits in between videos of what I'm assuming is the Thailand countryside.

If it is a joke, I've always been the gullible little brother so I'm probably just not going to get it.
EBrazosAg
AG
Use the search function on the Aggieland forum.
texAZtea
AG
Found the thread from two months ago. I'm kind of a slim guy so maybe it'll work out for me.
trouble
AG
Bobby is great and definitely makes jeans.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I had no idea. I've purchased three sport coats from him and jeans have never been mentioned as far as I can recall. Which isn't saying much.
trouble
AG
He just posted these on Instagram
jeffk
AG
Yeah, his jeans are great.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I took one pair of jeans to ATM tailor on E 29th yesterday that I figured I could get back within a week tops. Left them with the guy and as I was about to pay he said it would be two weeks.

I told him I need them in 7 days so he charged me an extra $6 and the total came out to $26. Seemed outrageous considering the jeans only cost $24 at a resale shop and look like they've never even been worn.

I'd probably look for a different shop next time around.
EBrazosAg
AG
Bobby Garia FB post today featured custom jeans going to a customer in Houston.
Carny89
Ask for Romero at silver thimble. He has a shop by krogers on boonville. I been using him for years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.