Former CSHS teacher goes on trial for 2015 sexual conduct w student incident

19,140 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by lethalninja
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like jury selection starts this week in Brazos county.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/College-Station-Teacher-Arrested-for-Alleged-Sexual-Contact-with-Student-320702511.html

Quote:

A theater arts instructor at College Station High School has been arrested, accused of sexual misconduct with a student.

Gregory Stanley, 42, is accused of Improper Relationship between Educator and Student.
According to College Station Police, a 17-year-old male student who attends CSHS came to the police department Monday claiming Stanley had "initiated unwanted sexual contact" with him at Stanley's home.
CSPD says detectives obtained evidence that showed the student was telling the truth. A warrant was issued for Stanley's arrest, and he was taken into custody Tuesday night at his home.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/19-year-old-Former-Student-Says-CS-Teacher-Sexually-Assaulted-Him-320855711.html

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Former-teacher-accused-of-inappropriate-relationship-withdraws-guilty-plea-565336481.html

Love Gun
Sicko did this to a kid while he was at Magnolia HS, too. If convicted, he needs to swing.

Instead of never letting your kids outside because you're scared of freaks like these, tell your kids to live their lives. Most importantly, teach them to know when to say something about anything that may be criminal or unethical for teachers.
**** Joe Biden
BaitShack
AG
I had a theatre kid at the time and I remember Stanley being way too chummy with the kids.

My understanding is he pleaded guilty thinking he would probably get a light sentence. He then realized that wasn't guaranteed to be the case, and withdrew the plea. This has been drug out / delayed for years.
double
AG
It's sad that I immediately thought of three different names and his wasn't one of them.
techno-ag
AG
double said:

It's sad that I immediately thought of three different names and his wasn't one of them.
Agreed. It seems to be a common occurrence across the state, not just here.
histag10
AG
I was supposed to have jury duty with Brazos County this week. I, however, am the primary caregiver for my 2 kids who are under the age of 5.
b0ridi
histag10 said:

I was supposed to have jury duty with Brazos County this week. I, however, am the primary caregiver for my 2 kids who are under the age of 5.
I had it scheduled for today, but it was cancelled.
LOYAL AG
AG
techno-ag said:

double said:

Agreed. It seems to be a common occurrence across the state, not just here.

It's more than just across the state. Epstein didn't kill himself for no reason.
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
How did it take over 6 yrs for this case to get to trial?
Corn Pop
[If we have to remove another post of yours that will derail this thread we will give you a ban. -Staff]
Bryanisbest
AG
Rasslin Cheesehead said:

Covid shut down a ton of jury trials for the last 20 months
maroon barchetta
Bryanisbest said:

Rasslin Cheesehead said:

Covid shut down a ton of jury trials for the last 20 months

Ok, so why was it taking four years to get to trial?
BaitShack
AG
The jury came back with a guilty verdict.

BaitShack
AG
Just got the word... He was sentenced to 10 years.

Stupe
S
That's it?

That is disappointing.
lethalninja
The state was asking for twelve to twenty years, and ten years is a long time. He will never teach again and is a convicted felon, so he didn't get off lightly.
Stupe
S
Sex offenders should be in prison for as long as their victims remember the crime.
BaitShack
AG
I have a personal interest in this case. My family was involved in how this unfolded. In the punishment phase of the trial they brought another 2 witnesses (not minors) who had similar encounters with Stanley, one being much worse. He had an MO, a pattern of doing this. There was no consensual relationship. This was unwanted.

10 years is more than I expected. I thought he might get a couple of years.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
He'll have to register as a sex offender right? Are those people still required to have signs on or near their front doors?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Stupe said:

Sex offenders should be in prison for as long as their victims remember the crime.
I was on a jury several years ago in Brazos County. it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Dude was in his mid 20's and victim was a relative about 10.

Almost begged to get off of the jury but only got a "can you be impartial" talk from Judge Bryan.

First juror called. I always wondered why his attorney didn't strike me.

We only had to determine guilty or not guilty. Trial lasted a week. Went to the jury room to deliberate. Took a vote immediately and all 12 of us voted guilty. They delivered lunch. We voted again and all 12 said guilty.

We only had to deliver guilt. Audience was mostly his family and some former Consol high school teachers who testified what a good kid he was.. They were all crying etc. About two weeks later Judge Bryan gave him 85 years. I bet his life has been a living hell in prison.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
They are usually segregated from general population.
maroon barchetta
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

Stupe said:

I was on a jury several years ago in Brazos County. it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Dude was in his mid 20's and victim was a relative about 10.

Almost begged to get off of the jury but only got a "can you be impartial" talk from Judge Bryan.

First juror called. I always wondered why his attorney didn't strike me.

We only had to determine guilty or not guilty. Trial lasted a week. Went to the jury room to deliberate. Took a vote immediately and all 12 of us voted guilty. They delivered lunch. We voted again and all 12 said guilty.

We only had to deliver guilt. Audience was mostly his family and some former Consol high school teachers who testified what a good kid he was.. They were all crying etc. About two weeks later Judge Bryan gave him 85 years. I bet his life has been a living hell in prison.

No sympathy for that guy. He could have avoided all of that by not sexually abusing a child. Prison is a much better alternative than he would get in many countries.
Z3phyr
BaitShack said:

Just got the word... He was sentenced to 10 years.

Way too short, people like that shouldn't be in society any more
BaitShack
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/2022/01/21/former-high-school-teacher-sentenced-10-years-sexual-abuse-student/
91_Aggie
91_Aggie
AG
oh my, that picture.
histag10
AG
Thought it was a woman at first glance...
Stupe
S
91_Aggie said:

oh my, that picture.
Those are the eyes of someone that realizes what is going to be happening in the near future.
SW AG80
AG
Schools are the world's worst about letting a teacher resign and move on to the next school without firing him/her with cause. This guy is a perfect example of this.
maroon barchetta
RiverAg 80 said:

Schools are the world's worst about letting a teacher resign and move on to the next school without firing him/her with cause. This guy is a perfect example of this.

And in some cases, district superintendents as well.
lethalninja
He hasn't been teaching since his arrest, and if he applied to any teaching jobs during that time, the school could easily Google him and see the news articles, so CSISD probably let him resign instead of firing him because he hadn't been proven guilty or directly confessed at the time.
Nutmegger
AG
Same!
lethalninja
Maximum Sentence Date: 2032-01-17

Current Facility: HOLLIDAY

Projected Release Date: 2026-08-29

Parole Eligibility Date: 2023-03-14

He will most likely be out by his projected release date. If his parole is rejected, he will be eligible for parole annually. He was sentenced to ten years on January 19th.
lethalninja
His projected release date was moved to February 17, 2026 and his parole eligibility date was moved to February 17, 2023, which is less than a month from now. He was my teacher, which is why I'm updating after so long, since I knew him. Also, it's ironic that he was previously in the Holliday Unit, when prison sucks and isn't a holiday (I know it's named after a guy named Holliday, but it's still ironic). He didn't appeal his conviction, which is unusual, since most people who receive lengthy prison sentences after being convicted at trial appeal.

Maximum Sentence Date: 2032-01-17

Current Facility: STILES

Projected Release Date: 2026-02-17

Parole Eligibility Date: 2023-02-17
AG81
AG
I would not support parole. One year in a 10 year sentence? I think not.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.