Shooting near Wellborn and Fidelity

3,893 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by maroon barchetta
Langenator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
College Station police investigating shots fired on Wellborn Road (kbtx.com)

Info not in the story:

TellMeMore
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shots fired and a shooting are not the same thing.
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isint this the same area a LEO was shot and killed a few years back… ?
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is what College Station will become if they don't clean that area up. Cheap government housing brings in crime and violence.
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pat- I'd like to solve the puzzle please.
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Aggie said:

Isint this the same area a LEO was shot and killed a few years back… ?
Brian was ambushed and killed serving a warrant at the corner of Fidelity and Highlands.
Langenator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrandoC said:

This is what College Station will become if they don't clean that area up. Cheap government housing brings in crime and violence.
The immediate area of Fidelity and Wellborn is almost all Ag-Shacks.

There is, however, an apartment complex a couple blocks away on Luther that contributes an oversize share of problems.
GottaRide
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
OP, aren't you a cop? If so, sharing information that hasn't been released would probably be frowned upon.
Langenator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am, but UPD, not CSPD.

It's not anything anyone with a scanner couldn't have gotten, had they been listening in the pre-dawn hours.
rsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
College Station police investigating gang-related shooting
Langenator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm kind of curious about the term "short term rental." What exactly does that mean?

Most of the residences in that area, like I said, are Ag-shacks (easily identified on the aerial imagery by their oversize driveways). There are only three residences in the original two block range (between Grove and Park Place) that actually face Wellborn, and two of those are also Ag-shacks. Pretty much all of the older houses are a block or more east of Wellborn - past Maryem and mostly past Highlands.

So were some Ag-shack residents sub-letting? Is someone running Air BnB out of a house down there?

"'Confirmed gang members' were in attendance." What gang? Are the shooters, we assume, from another gang?
Anonymous Source
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Short-term rental = AirBnB
I believe the house in question is the small house on the larger lot after you pass the Ag Shacks headed NB on Wellborn before you get to Fidelity.
Gig 'Em
Langenator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That was mu guess as well, just looking at the overhead imagery. And if you look at Google Street view, even the non-obvious Ag-shack houses on the side streets look like student rentals (small house with 3 newer model full size pickup trucks out front = students).
Tim Weaver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TellMeMore said:

Shots fired and a shooting are not the same thing.
But "shots fired" and "some shootin" are the same things.

It all depends on the inflection.
davido
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tim Weaver said:

TellMeMore said:

Shots fired and a shooting are not the same thing.
But "shots fired" and "some shootin" are the same things.

It all depends on the inflection.


Depends on if the gat was held sideways or the pistol was held upright.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
davido said:

Tim Weaver said:

TellMeMore said:

Shots fired and a shooting are not the same thing.
But "shots fired" and "some shootin" are the same things.

It all depends on the inflection.


Depends on if the gat was held sideways or the pistol was held upright.


Deuces.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.