Covid test in stores

10,561 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dubi
Slagathor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know of any covid tests available to buy in stores in town? I remember seeing some in Walmart but that was a long time ago now and I want to take a test before returning to work this week.
UmustBKidding
Have purchased at CVS only store with in stock at the time was Villa Maria and Texas.
Sams Club has had last several times I have been in the store
halibut sinclair
Walgreens on Boonville had some yesterday.
Slagathor
AG
Thanks y'all. There are zero tests to be found in the Houston area so I was worried that was the case in Bryan too. I'll check those places out.
FlyRod
It's hit or miss but if you Google "home Covid tests near me" you can (if lucky) see who has them in stock, and call to verify. They are super super hard to find right now; I snagged two at Village Foods after a long and fruitless search. I'm between trips so would love to have some myself. Good luck!

The largest volume I've seen at any time (when they have them) has been at the Walgreens on Texas and Villa Maria.
ZachTheGoodAg
AG
I tried Walgreens and CVS on Rock Prairie and Walgreens TowerPoint yesterday and all were out.

ZTGA
KidDoc
AG
You can get a rapid test with Curative for "free".

COVID-19 Testing & Health Services | Central Station - Kiosk (Parking Lot of Kohl's) | Curative

That is who I have used when I needed testing for travel.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
textar4404
Kroger on Boonville has them, but they are behind the counter at the pharmacy. I've never bought one there, but have always seen them in stock when picking up prescriptions.
philothea
Curative at Kohl's parking lot isn't doing the rapid tests anymore. Demand wasn't there, at least that is what they told me. They say 24-48 hours but I got results the next day after doing one before traveling at Christmas.
AggieBaseball06
AG
philothea said:

Curative at Kohl's parking lot isn't doing the rapid tests anymore. Demand wasn't there, at least that is what they told me. They say 24-48 hours but I got results the next day after doing one before traveling at Christmas.

I just drove by there and the demand is clearly there today.
Stucco
No one has any antigen tests in stock as far as I can find.

Pop up centers and health care providers seem to be out of rapid tests and are only offering PCR. The waits for the pop up test centers are significant, even with an appt.

Best bet to get a test right now without waiting in line for over an hour is make an appt at a health care facility or possibly a pop up first thing tomorrow morning. Either would likely be PCR currently taking 24-36 hours.
MiMi
S
KBTX just posted this story:

Here's where you can get tested for Covid-19

It does include information about where you can have a rapid antigen test.
KidDoc
AG
From an email this morning the CHI Respiratory clinic is out of rapid COVID, they expect a shipment in 2 days.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DimeBox17
AG
The 7-Eleven/Stripes stores in BCS had some in stock last week. We sold out in Katy/Cypress pretty quick before the Christmas holiday weekend. I'll check with management in BCS tomorrow morning and reply back to this thread on what locations have some left.
ChampsAg
Just curious...are you testing because you are sick or just being cautious? The story on the news showed all these people in line and I find it hard to believe there are that many sick folks in town.

On a side note, I thought that I had sinus issues and tested positive today.
histag10
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

philothea said:

I just drove by there and the demand is clearly there today.

I know this is a few days late, but there is a kiosk at the lucky mart on Woodville in Bryan, and I have never once seen anyone there
Stucco
A lot of people are getting omicron that successfully avoided covid to this point. We are already well past Delta numbers and it seems nowhere near the peak. I don't expect tests to be on shelves consistently for a couple months.

But omicron doesn't seem to get into the lungs, or cause nearly as many hospitalizations. Hopefully it extinguishes the more harmful variants without overburdening the hospitals.
FlyRod
For my case, not sick, but testing because I'm in the middle of a lot of travel. Guessing others are too, as we are still in the holiday travel period.
DimeBox17
AG
DimeBox17 said:

The 7-Eleven/Stripes stores in BCS had some in stock last week. We sold out in Katy/Cypress pretty quick before the Christmas holiday weekend. I'll check with management in BCS tomorrow morning and reply back to this thread on what locations have some left.

If you need tests, there are a few stores left in the BCS area that have some left.

Stripes on Wellborn/Fitch
7-Eleven on Holleman/2818
Former Raceway on WJB
7-Eleven in Navasota

This was as of this morning so call the location to make sure before driving there.
AggieKatie2
AG
Updates please
FlyRod
Have not found any locally, been ordering FloFlex online. First batch arrived two days after ordering. If you Google Can see who has it in stock (and how wildly the prices vary!)

WellBefore and DuscountSafetyGear are the two sites I used.

Amazon also has iHealth tests in stock.
Slagathor
AG
GoPuff (like UberEats for convenience store selection) has some 2-pack tests for $24ish and they're delivered to your door. I haven't been out lately to try and find any tests in stores (got covid from a NYE event) but that's been my go-to. There also seem to be last-minute Curative appointment slots that open up too, so if you're trying to book one with them, check back often.
wareagle044
Wife waited 90 mins at S&W on Friday. Got results within a couple hours positive
Justified
Tower point HEB has rapid home tests. I bought one about an hour ago for my son. Thankfully it was negative.
aggiemom89
Curative next available not showing until Wednesday. Anyone know any testing sites that have availability sooner?
AggieKatie2
AG
Walgreens Boonville has about 20 of the binax test at the front of the store this afternoon. 2pm
AgTrip
I took the rapid test in front of Ace hardware off texas at the free testing. Got negative result but didn't really trust it. My wife and son got negative results at this site too. Went to integrity by new heb an hour later and my results were positive. Son and wife positive too.

The free test had me swabbing myself and I thought I was doing it correctly. My point I guess is make sure you're doing these home tests correctly so you get an accurate result. Feel better if you're sick. We had stopped up noses and tickle coughs but feel ok.
threecatcorner
The place in front of Ace is the same one that KBTX said isn't reporting their results.
AgTrip
threecatcorner said:

The place in front of Ace is the same one that KBTX said isn't reporting their results.

They emailed me results.
histag10
AG
aggiemom89 said:

Curative next available not showing until Wednesday. Anyone know any testing sites that have availability sooner?

The one at the LuckyMart on Woodville doesn't have appointments and is drive up. It isn't rapid, but you can get in to test (drive up)
MiMi
S
AgTrip said:

threecatcorner said:

They emailed me results.
They aren't reporting test results to the county or state.

Brazos County Health District says some COVID-19 testing locations violating governor's orders by not sharing results
AgTrip
MiMi said:

AgTrip said:

threecatcorner said:

They emailed me results.
They aren't reporting test results to the county or state.

Brazos County Health District says some COVID-19 testing locations violating governor's orders by not sharing results

I just wanted to know if I had it so whether they shared or not wasn't my concern.

My point was those drive through rapid test that you swab yourself were showing negative so make sure you do them correctly or have someone do it for you.
AggieBaseball06
AG
aggiemom89 said:

As of 10:50 PM ON Sunday night, the Curative van at the Lincoln center is showing 2 slots for Monday and 201 slots for Tuesday.
AggiePhil
AG
I think the tests we use at home are called BinaxNow or something to that effect.
Txag17
AG
CVS at Rock Prairie had a stack of them a couple of days ago.
www.gascustomhomes.com
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.