HOA fees in BCS

15,544 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MsDoubleD81
Tumble Weed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My HOA is the worst. Brandon Heights Phase 2. I am ready to move to the country, but have not settled on a spot yet.

My fee went from $275 to $375 this year. What do y'all pay your HOA overlord?

Compilation of values listed below for easy comparison. Thank you for the responses!

Austin's Colony $165
Barracks $175
Bentwood $300
Brewster Point $800
Castle Rock $500
Castlegate I $330
Castlegate II $600
Creek Meadows $500
Dove Crossing $200
Duck Haven $708
Edelweiss $150
Estates at Creek Meadows $500
Greenbrier $350
Heritage Lake $500
Indian Lakes $1180
King Oaks $500
Messina Hof Estates $650
Midtown $750
Newport News $400
North Country Estates $100
Oakmont $600
Pebble Creek $300
River Place $525
Saddle Creek $360
Shenandoah $180
Siena $490
Southern Pointe $500
Spring Creek Townhomes $1560
Spring Meadows $199.95
Steeplechase $120
Summit Crossing Townhome $1200
Village on The Creek condos $150.40
Williams Creek $250

gunan01
AG
You're gonna move over $100/year?
One Louder
AG
Pebble Creek was $300 for 2021 and, if memory serves, has been that amount for a while. I haven't gotten the 2022 statement yet.
Tumble Weed
gunan01 said:

You're gonna move over $100/year?

My kids have graduated from HS and I don't have to worry about school districts anymore.

I also want to build a barn for my boats.
halibut sinclair
$165/year in the Bryan hood of Austin's Colony.
People still complain it's too high.
histag10
AG
If you will consider Robertson County, there is a new subdivision off of OSR- Cedar Branch Estates. I believe it is 5-7 acre lots and no HOA. Would have to build though.

No idea if all the lots are sold, just have some friends building out there.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Castlegate II is 600, but half is for the pool.
Smeghead4761
No HOA now (in the county, off 1179), but my HOA in Newport News was $400/yr the last year we were there, although that included a pool with a pool house that could be rented for events (like my retirement party), as well as a small lake (dammed up creek) that was stocked with fish. And the dam had needed some work the year before, requiring a bump in the fee.
techno-ag
AG
With inflation you can expect those fees to keep going up.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Bucketrunner
$500 in King Oaks
MiMi
S
$330 in Castlegate I
Post removed:
by user
curry97
AG
$500 in Castle Rock. Only 5-7 more years till we move to the country. Leaving this HOA fee and the high taxes behind.
91_Aggie
AG
Shenandoah been $180/year since 1998.

Some HOAs are bad. But remember they are there as a safeguard for your property value. Some get the busy bodies in charge, but most ain't as bad as portrayed on tv or social media. Usually the people complaining about being cited probably needed to be cited.
dr_boogs
AG
~250 over in Williams Creek. Went up 10% from 225. First increase in 10 or more years.
chloelee
Greenbrier is 350.00
AgsWin2011
AG
$500 in Estates at Creek Meadows. Although, I believe Creek Meadows also pays $500.

Regardless, it feels way too high, especially since we don't use the swimming pools, basketball court, etc.
Hornbeck
$199.95 in Spring Meadows
rsincs
AG
Southern Pointe is $500 a year.
75AG
AG
Duck Haven is $177 a quarter, but $57 of that is for trash and recycling.
waltonag05
AG
Oakmont is $600/yr
Animal Eight 84
AG
75AG said:

Duck Haven is $177 a quarter, but $57 of that is for trash and recycling.
That's a great deal. I live I the country in another county and pay $150 / quarter just for trash.
BCS-Ag
$150 p/yr in Edelweiss
75AG
AG
Trash and recycling service is great and the price is good. But, not sure what we get for the $120 a quarter. Maybe burned out street lights?
ringrit
$100/year in North Country Estates off 974 in Bryan. It's 1-2 acres lots. HOA doesn't do much. Not too many regulations.
Tumble Weed
BCS-Ag said:

$150 p/yr in Edelweiss
My first house in CS was in Edelweiss (2008-2011) on Innsbruck. Excellent neighbors and never heard a peep out of the HOA except for a bill once a year.

It fascinates me how some HOAs are well run and others resemble Monty Python's flying circus.
Hornbeck
Don't you insult Monty Python's Flying Circus like that!
TheOC16
AG
91_Aggie said:

Some HOAs are bad. But remember they are there as a safeguard for your property value. Some get the busy bodies in charge, but most ain't as bad as portrayed on tv or social media. Usually the people complaining about being cited probably needed to be cited.
I live in "Bee Creek". I will never live in another neighborhood without an HOA.
UhOhNoAgTag
What do HOA fees normally cover? I know a couple who live in Midtown and they said their dues are $750. They have no pool, rec center, etc. Only thing is a small playground.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
We lived on Innsbruck (3219) from 2010-2014. Loved that street.
Rexter
91_Aggie said:

That $180 covers office help, lawn care, clubhouse maintenance, sprinklers for the landscaping, pool operations, pool attendants, and ongoing improvements (fencing around the pool, etc), and other stuff. Pretty inexpensive for what we get.
91_Aggie
AG
Rexter said:

91_Aggie said:

That $180 covers office help, lawn care, clubhouse maintenance, sprinklers for the landscaping, pool operations, pool attendants, and ongoing improvements (fencing around the pool, etc), and other stuff. Pretty inexpensive for what we get.

Yeah it is. And it is great.
Tibbers
Geez, I pay 175 a month at the barracks for my rental property.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Tibbers said:

Geez, I pay 175 a month at the barracks for my rental property.

But when it comes time to replace the roof of fix the foundation or some other shared repair, are you covered?
armymom
Our cul de sac has its on HOA. Dues are $1500 a year. It covers lawn service, sprinkler service front & back yard, tree trimming, street lights, landscaping common areas and the outside border fence around the complete cul de sac. Our street always looks manicured and pleasant. No one minds paying that or they wouldn't live here.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.